What's new

India did it all Eons Ago Cars, Stem Cell research & All that

There area being excavated here was a maritime station that traded with the different regions of West Asia and Africa for several thousand years. So, definitely some of the discovered artifacts that we see here will belong to a much older period.

If there is an artifact under the sea which was found to be in 7500BC it means there existed a settlement here back during that time. Because a civilisation back in 7500BC in West Asia or Africa cannot trade with a civilization in 800-1500AD.

By the way, I am giving a link from NIO only. What they say about the dating of the submerged structures is it might not be as old as it was suggested before. A stone block with Gujarati script belongs to much later period than assumed by conspiracy theorists. Stone anchors found in Bet Dwaraka mostly belong to the period during 800 AD to 1500 AD when Indo Arab maritime trade was at their peak. Graham Hancock is certainly going to be disappointed.

Stone Anchors are from ships back in 800-1500AD that was a major trading route . So you will without a doubt end up finding ships there . IT does not make any difference what so ever ...

I don't think you understand what i am saying. There were structures under the Gulf of Cambay , that too several structures which clearly resembles a city . Humans cant build things under water. The structures there were clearly built when the gulf of Cambay was above ground not under water. Which is ridiculously old considering the kind of geological event/flooding.

In my opinion, we should give our ancestors the credit that is due and they truly deserve (Mathematics, astronomy and Ayurveda) ; Except that this kind of unnecessary exaggeration about their works brings more amusement than respect.

:tup:

If there is an artifact under the sea which was found to be in 7500BC it means there existed a settlement here back during that time. Because a civilisation back in 7500BC in West Asia or Africa cannot trade with a civilization in 800-1500AD.
Artifacts might belong to much older period. But that does not necessarily puts the lime stone blocks and anchors to that period. National Institute of Oceanography itself disassociates them from such prehistoric dating

I don't think you understand what i am saying. There were structures under the Gulf of Cambay , that too several structures which clearly resembles a city . Humans cant build things under water. The structures there were clearly built when the gulf of Cambay was above ground not under water. Which is ridiculously old considering the kind of geological event/flooding.
Huge structure under the sea does not pulls it back to 10000 BC automatically. The sea moved closer to the shore and it is still closing. The older Kapil Muni Ashram in West Bengal is now under the sea where people went to worship hundred years ago. That does not mean that Kapil Muni Ashram belonged to Ice Age.:lol:

They certainly wouldn't be talking about the banks of the river Sindhu, contrary to common belief, the Sindhu doesn't get the overwhelming attention in the early part of the Rg veda. More Haryana/western U.P. types.
Is it because the earliest mandalas (2nd to 7th) mentions cities that belonged these areas?

Last edited:
Is it because the earliest mandalas (2nd to 7th) mentions cities that belonged these areas?

Most often to geographical references of this area. . The Indus doesn't even get a mention in 3 of the oldest mandalas and the reference to the land known as saptasindhavah is only one - in the 8th mandala. The reference to the climate & topography, the reference to animals all suggest this area .

Artifacts might belong to much older period. But that does not necessarily puts the lime stone blocks and anchors to that period. National Institute of Oceanography itself disassociates them from such prehistoric dating

From the very document you gave

"
Based on extensive, systematic underwater
scanning of the area and specially absence of
any pottery or other artefact even after airlift
operations / underwater excavation at several
places during last few years, present
exploration do not suggest that they belong to
some habitation site, they rather appear to be
the remains of a jetty.

"

Because the earlier sites as per the Video and as per the link below clearly come to a conclusion that these are two different things as there is a clear contradiction .

Huge structure under the sea does not pulls it back to 10000 BC automatically. The sea moved closer to the shore and it is still closing. The older Kapil Muni Ashram in West Bengal is now under the sea where people went to worship hundred years ago. That does not mean that Kapil Muni Ashram belonged to Ice Age.:lol:

Here is the news from BBC itself ...
BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | Lost city 'could rewrite history'

The vast city - which is five miles long and two miles wide - is believed to predate the oldest known remains in the subcontinent by more than 5,000 years.

Using sidescan sonar - which sends a beam of sound waves down to the bottom of the ocean they identified huge geometrical structures at a depth of 120ft.

Debris recovered from the site - including construction material, pottery, sections of walls, beads, sculpture and human bones and teeth has been carbon dated and found to be nearly 9,500 years old.

Most often to geographical references of this area. . The Indus doesn't even get a mention in 3 of the oldest mandalas and the reference to the land known as saptasindhavah is only one - in the 8th mandala. The reference to the climate & topography, the reference to animals all suggest this area .
Bal Gangadhar Tilak came with a very interesting theory about the origin of Vedas in his The orion and The arctic home of the vedas. Though it had not been acknowledged much by the scholars but I found his theory worth a reading.

Something else i found

A civilisation as old as Indus valley? | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Did the coastline of the Konkan, from Shrivardhan in Raigad to Vengurla in Sindhudurg, have human habitation around 8,000 years ago?

Did the coastline of the Konkan, from Shrivardhan in Raigad to Vengurla in Sindhudurg, have human habitation around 8,000 years ago? Did that population have well-developed engineering skills? Was there a unique Konkan culture in existence in 6,000BC? The latest discovery in the field of archaeology, below the sea waters of Konkan coast, could answer these questions with a big resounding ‘Yes!’

In what could turn out to be a major discovery, researchers have found a wall-like structure, which is 24km long, 2.7m in height, and around 2.5m in width. The structure shows uniformity in construction. “The structure is not continuous from Shrivardhan to Raigad, but it is uniform. It has been found 3m below the present sea level. Considering the uniformity of the structure, it is obvious that the structure is man-made,” said Dr Ashok Marathe, department of archaeology, Deccan College Postgraduate and Research Institute, Pune.

This joint expedition carried out by Deccan College, Pune and Department of Science and Technology, Central Government, has been in progress since 2005. “We were actually studying the impacts of tsunami and earthquake on western coast when we first found this structure in Valneshwar,” said Marathe.

However, the age of the structure was decided on the basis of sea level mapping. “There have been exhaustive studies about the sea water coming inside the land. Based on the calculations, experts from the National Institute of Oceanography (NIO) pegged the age of the wall at around 6,000 BC,” Marathe informed.

The discovery has raised a number of questions, such as how these huge stones were brought to the shore? What was the purpose behind building this wall? If the date of the wall is accurate, then is it the same age as the Indus civilisation? Why have none of the researchers till date, found or made any mention of this civilisation? Marathe, who will be retiring in July 2011, has asked more people to try to find answers to these questions.

In the wake of power projects coming up on Konkan’s coastline and the growing discontent, this discovery could prove vital. Marathe, though, displays little faith in the government.

Bal Gangadhar Tilak came with a very interesting theory about the origin of Vedas in his The orion and The arctic home of the vedas. Though it had not been acknowledged much by the scholars but I found his theory worth a reading.

There is simply no reading of the Rg veda that can suggest any geographical area than the sub continent. Not one single reference outside of this area. Theories of origin, of course need not be limited by that.

There is simply no reading of the Rg veda that can suggest any geographical area than the sub continent. Not one single reference outside of this area. Theories of origin, of course need not be limited by that.
Years back I religiously followed the debate between you and Joe Shearer. I think I better remain undecided over it.:lol:

Years back I religiously followed the debate between you and Joe Shearer. I think I better remain undecided over it.:lol:

:lol: I don't much debate it either. Pointed it out because it was you mentioning it. Otherwise too much heat over something that in the end doesn't really make much difference. Who cares who did what when? Whether someone came here or they went from here.... Was interested about this only because I was curious about an "anti-establishment" position that turned out to be not complete bogus. In the end, I have no absolute opinion on the theory of whether migration happened or not, only that the Rg veda makes no mention of it. Not being religious does allow for objectivity based on evidence, one doesn't sell permanently one's position on any matter to any one side.

Best answer would be i don't know because there are too many sources saying otherwise..

That is the most irritatingly stupid claim, about the radio-activity, perhaps the whole of this twelve-month passed.

Everything beyond your scope of belief is conspiracy theory . Countless conspiracy theories have been proven to be true overtime. Still certain Gullible people are often proud of using it ..

Please.

Some tenable chain of reasoning is needed.

Did you even understand the reasoning behind the theory of the civilization being extremely old ?Suggest you watch all the Videos before coming to any conclusion . In the last Video you find out that carbon dating the artifacts found in the area by NIOT found out that some of the artifacts came form 7500BC , which was 9500 years ago. If there is a signature of a city under the water as you agreed then it has to be extremely old. Because cities cannot exist under water unless there was a massive geological event which pushed it under water and there is none of that sort recorded history that too in such a massive scale. yea it all a Hoax :lol:

Considering that Marija Gimbutas' research has pushed back the time-line for human cultural activity and congregative living to 10,000 BC, there is nothing to get excited about here. On the other hand, there is nothing about the cities per se that justify a date of 7500 BC as claimed by Hancock.

Very well said.

That set of exchanges enfuriated me and irritated me to the extent that I went back to my texts to dig out the incontrovertible proofs with which to reduce Bang Galore to smoking shards. That didn't happen; to my surprise, the text books were clearly walking back away from a mass invasion theory, and were looking at the alternative evidence, albeit gingerly. Most modern theorists on this subject, a collection of slightly demented linguists forming the core, think that we have here an elite group which dribbled across in families, or in collections of families that soon agglomerated into tribes.

More surprises followed.

Today the analysis of events among historians is rather different from what it was when we went up. Bang Galore was definitely on the ball in that set of exchanges, and set off a quest to better inform myself which continues. If that offer of an opportunity to study for my PhD at Presidency University fructifies, I'm off!!

Last edited:
Please,Some tenable chain of reasoning is needed.

Just pointing out stupidity of being narrow minded considering how many times a conspiracy theory has been proven to be a fact. Just repeating that word does not automatically disprove anything ..

Considering that Marija Gimbutas' research has pushed back the time-line for human cultural activity and congregative living to 10,000 BC, there is nothing to get excited about here.

Why are you assuming my emotional state and then passing out comments ? usually done by Grade A trolls

On the other hand, there is nothing about the cities per se that justify a date of 7500 BC as claimed by Hancock.

Of course there isn't but one should not call it a Hoax blindfolded , Even in the Videos and the links provided states more research need to be done on the subject . But the findings so far states there was a city here ..

Just pointing out stupidity of being narrow minded considering how many times a conspiracy theory has been proven to be a fact. Just repeating that word does not automatically disprove anything ..

That is a platitude, that being narrow-minded is being stupid, and it hardly takes any argument forward.

Why are you assuming my emotional state and then passing out comments ? usually done by Grade A trolls

Or to Grade A trolls. In this thread, you ARE the troll from one point of view.

Of course there isn't but one should not call it a Hoax blindfolded , Even in the Videos and the links provided states more research need to be done on the subject . But the findings so far states there was a city here ..

I hope to.

Back
Top Bottom