What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

This is a good development. But development also needs to take place in slums and more poverty stricken neighborhoods in Lucknow

These things take time, but we're moving in the right direction.

Lucknow | UP
IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

cc: KB335ci2 on SSC

Bombay | MH
12446284_1704473059770317_1282788911_n.jpg

cc: wilford_machado

Last edited:
These things take time, but we're moving in the right direction.

Lucknow | UP
IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

cc: KB335ci2 on SSC

Bombay | MH
12446284_1704473059770317_1282788911_n.jpg

cc: wilford_machado
A lot more will be needed to win over my relatives there. Lucknow is far more developed than many other parts though and I have to admit this. Despite this there is a feeling of deprivation among the muslim community of Lucknow. My biggest problem for my locality is the abundance of animals and my area chowk remaining a slum despite years going by. The narrow galis of chowk have still not been widened and the nalis are still overflowing. The cow dung is pasted between the brick stones and more continues to pile on.

A lot more will be needed to win over my relatives there. Lucknow is far more developed than many other parts though and I have to admit this. Despite this there is a feeling of deprivation among the muslim community of Lucknow. My biggest problem for my locality is the abundance of animals and my area chowk remaining a slum despite years going by. The narrow galis of chowk have still not been widened and the nalis are still overflowing. The cow dung is pasted between the brick stones and more continues to pile on.

I've read your comment somewhere on this forum about Muslims in Lucknow being restricted to chowk, living in abject poverty and what not, and I get the sense that you seem to view things with a victim mentality almost. I've seen this often, and I'd have to say that you're being mighty unfair. Muslims live all over Lucknow, and many (if not most) are doing quite well for themselves; I wonder why it's just the poorer ones that seem to steal the hearts of people from Pakistan. Likewise, there are poor Hindus too, also in chowk, and there are wealthy people from both religions who also live and work in chowk; I'm not sure if you noticed. It's been like that for centuries.

I've been to chowk. The area is built in a way that in order to make it better, either the whole darn place will need to be torn down, which is impossible at this point, or will need some sort of miracle wherein shop owners magically decide not to encroach upon what should be a clear pedestrian path. The authorities crack down on encroachments now and then, but sadly, the shop owners don't seem to care much about keeping public paths clear. Who is to blame here? You decide. Dogs, cats, and cattle are a part of most south Asian neighbourhoods, and chowk is no different. There certainly isn't a higher-than-usual number of animals in chowk. I didn't see a single overflowing nallah when I was there last, and I've spent a lot of time in and around the area, so I really don't know what you're talking about.

Perhaps your relatives should consider moving to a newer/more developed area of the city, and not continue to live in old Lucknow? Just a thought.

Last edited:
Silchar-Agartala Train Services Begins

Home » Tripura » Silchar-Agartala Train Services Begins

Train-680x365.jpg

May 02

The Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) declared that it would run two trains in a week on the newly built BG track from Silchar to Agartala. The new service would start from Monday on a trial basis, though details of the service are yet to be announced by the NFR.

NFR’s Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) said that two trains would run from Silchar to Agartala in a week from Monday as the track is ready for service and later more trains could be inducted. He also said that after running of such service for 10/15 days, Delhi will take final decision on the commencement of train service upto Agartala. He also said that the NFR plans to open the BG track upto Sabroom by March 2018 although the authorities of Trishna Wildlife Sanctuary are yet to hand over the land required for the railway extension project.

Meanwhile, speaking to the media, the Transport Minister of Tripura said that the state government wants the Centre to release 60 percent fund of the total estimated cost of the Indo-Bangla railway project.

Trial trains between Silchar and Agartala

SILCHAR, May 1 - At a time when passenger train services on the Silchar-Guwahati route is affected due to landslide at the hill section in the Dima Hasao district, NF Railways has decided to start trial trains between Silchar and Agartala. According to Biplab Das, superintendent of Silchar Railway station, two trains will run between Silchar and Agartala during this crisis hour on experimental run on May 2 and May 4.

He also added that two trains will be chugging off from Agartala on May 3 and 5 for Silchar respectively. “The first train (bearing number 05664 down) will whistle past the Silchar station on May 2 at around 9 am and will reach Agartala at around 7.15 pm. The sale of tickets is in progress and we expect a huge rush of passengers on Monday,” Das said.

He said that there are 12 coaches, including five general second class compartments, five chair car and two SLRs in the two trains for Agartala.

Suresh Prabhu is a chartered accountant by profession and also holds a law degree. What will shock most of you is that even at the age of 61 he hasn’t limited his knowledge or zeal to learn, no matter that he’s a minister in the world’s largest democracy. He is currently pursuing two PhD programs in climate change and economics from Germany and Mumbai.
Awesome!!!
:tup: :tup: :tup:

Glad that our present ministers have a proven track record.

I've read your comment somewhere on this forum about Muslims in Lucknow being restricted to chowk, living in abject poverty and what not, and I get the sense that you seem to view things with a victim mentality almost. I've seen this often, and I'd have to say that you're being mighty unfair. Muslims live all over Lucknow, and many (if not most) are doing quite well for themselves; I wonder why it's just the poorer ones that seem to steal the hearts of people from Pakistan. Likewise, there are poor Hindus too, also in chowk, and there are wealthy people from both religions who also live and work in chowk; I'm not sure if you noticed. It's been like that for centuries.

I've been to chowk. The area is built in a way that in order to make it better, either the whole darn place will need to be torn down, which is impossible at this point, or will need some sort of miracle wherein shop owners magically decide not to encroach upon what should be a clear pedestrian path. The authorities crack down on encroachments now and then, but sadly, the shop owners don't seem to care much about keeping public paths clear. Who is to blame here? You decide. Dogs, cats, and cattle are a part of most south Asian neighbourhoods, and chowk is no different. There certainly isn't a higher-than-usual number of animals in chowk. I didn't see a single overflowing nallah when I was there last, and I've spent a lot of time in and around the area, so I really don't know what you're talking about.

Perhaps your relatives should consider moving to a newer/more developed area of the city, and not continue to live in old Lucknow? Just a thought.

He is a broken record. Best to ignore that individual.

India can be a fully developed country and he will still be saying the exact same thing.

CEO Alley, Gurgaon
- Golf Course Rd., Delhi's newbie IT/ITES CEO alley
50ab-dlf_13838dlf5-gurgaon-park-horizon-drives-3.jpg

Golf Course Rd. Delhi NCR
23628777831_a26a1b8305_b.jpg

(c) https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5653/23628777831_a26a1b8305_b.jpg

Pillars are pvt. metro line pillars. Interestingly, up the rd. and left is now Golf Course Extension Rd. which is shaping up even faster, more slicker than it's original namesake. The acreage is x10, metro line is approved in advance and commercial and residential complexes are on sale already when the area is not even inhabited.

Here's part of what's on sale or coming up fast:
4_bhk_standard_apartment_in_golf_course_extension_road_for_sale_7230066461266431827.jpg

Ireo Grand Arch
20234727_8_Project-Photo-73-Ireo-Grand-Arch-Gurgaon-5021649_480_1366_180_240.jpg

Hyatt Hotel & Residences
yay6h1dayz4y4man0fxx6669q5i

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom