What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

^^ that's Hiranandani - Powai...more pics

2490ee825909ed6c51c0999088b32127.jpg

5636a4ffbda15598c2f0db32b5a3006d.jpg

959a2f27e9d588c5abf58e8963bc191a.jpg

Huge Shivaji statue off Mumbai coast planned

6135f10f4e9dd364840ae15cf559a6c1.jpg

MUMBAI: The Statue of Liberty, a gift to the United States by France, will soon be upstaged by an equestrian statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, off the coast of Mumbai. The height of the latest tribute to the Maratha king will be 309 feet, making it taller than the Statue of Liberty, which is 305 feet from the pedestal to the top of the flaming torch.

The Maharashtra Cabinet on Tuesday approved a design submitted by Bensley Design Studios, Thailand and Team One Architects, Mumbai.

The government has approved Rs. 50 crore for the memorial in 2009-10 and budgeted Rs. 300 crore more the next year. There will be a museum on the Maratha king.

The government had announced a worldwide competition to create a design for the memorial and had decided to give away prizes to the top three ideas. Eleven firms submitted designs.
The Hindu : National : Huge Shivaji statue off Mumbai coast planned

Although Im a die hard fan of Shivaji.....

I can bet any money that this monstrosity will be finished in less time than the Bandra Worli Sealink.....

Sometimes I doubt us Desis and our prudence.....Seriously, whats the use of building this??
Take the 50 Cr and bulldoze the hell out of Dharavi instead....Hell Ill be more than happy to bribe someone to do this job....Corruption exists in all the wrong spheres......

Off topic.....but just venting my frustration.....

Yet Im sure it will beautify the city....and push tourism to Mumbai

Although Im a die hard fan of Shivaji.....

I can bet any money that this monstrosity will be finished in less time than the Bandra Worli Sealink.....

Sometimes I doubt us Desis and our prudence.....Seriously, whats the use of building this??
Take the 50 Cr and bulldoze the hell out of Dharavi instead....Hell Ill be more than happy to bribe someone to do this job....Corruption exists in all the wrong spheres......

Off topic.....but just venting my frustration.....

Yet Im sure it will beautify the city....and push tourism to Mumbai

This was about to get scrapped, but upcoming elections made the government go ahead, as this would have given shiv-sena a reason to start the slugfest... the old tried and trusted (marathi asmita) card :lol:..
vilasrao thought they may lose marathi votes in mumbai ( though we don't vote for them :rofl:)

and about dharavi... GoI has plans to spend Rs.15000 crore for dharavi makeover, the work has started; though the only problem is bangladeshi's residing there... they've managed half the documents to show they are Indians, and with congress promising them houses in exchange for votes the price for makeover may shoot upto Rs 30000 crore :cry:.... hopefully if Shiv sena wins, these guys will be given a return ticket.....

This was about to get scrapped, but upcoming elections made the government go ahead, as this would have given shiv-sena a reason to start the slugfest... the old tried and trusted (marathi asmita) card :lol:..
vilasrao thought they may lose marathi votes in mumbai ( though we don't vote for them :rofl:)

and about dharavi... GoI has plans to spend Rs.15000 crore for dharavi makeover, the work has started; though the only problem is bangladeshi's residing there... they've managed half the documents to show they are Indians, and with congress promising them houses in exchange for votes the price for makeover may shoot upto Rs 30000 crore :cry:.... hopefully if Shiv sena wins, these guys will be given a return ticket.....

I HATE Vote bank Politics.....Its ruining our nation....

And then people say, oh why are there beggers lined on the streets of Mumbai....
No one knows that a majority of these bums are not even Indian.....

Man I need to take over the reins of BMC.....Ill pull a bloody Bloomberg on Mumbai.....It burns me inside to see my city get eaten from the inside.....

Back
Top Bottom