What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

@ russellpeters, agreed that the plan's dead, however, the standard's are now high. Funny would be if they now come out with some lallu-panju design. For eg. Anand Vihar, see pic. below.

My 2 naiye paise says, they should turn the older stations like Nizamuddin in Delhi and Shivaji, old VT in Mumbai into museums, sell out to real estate firms and cash-in with some public spaces thrown in. Most old British built 'downtown' stations can convert to excellent CBD's,, malls, or even heritage hotels, whatever brings in the best value un-lock.

Old School Railway Stations of India
===========================

Nizamuddin or Old Delhi Railway Station
----------------------------------------------

images

Shivaji, old VT, Mumbai
----------------------------

images

Rail use wise, stations must be re-located to the satellite towns around the cities and hooked up to the metro. Sempre! Anand Vihar and Vashi (below) are excellent benchmarks:

New Age Railway Stations of India
===========================

Anand Vihar Railway Station
----------------------------
Anandvihar.jpg

Vashi Railway Terminal
----------------------

images

(c) More Info : Anand Vihar Terminal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(c) More Info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vashi_Terminal

Good news is they are finally listening to me :D: !

Future Railway Station, India with Vid.
=================================

Seawoods Integrated Commercial Complex cum Railway Station by L&T, Pic. & Vid.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

images

---xxx---

@tvsram1992 below, Don't be silly. Nandan Nilekani is fixing up rural and 'the other India' with his Uidai.
Feel free to help him. The project empowers those with no powers, and not only puts their cash in their accounts, it also hooks them up with A BANK ACCOUNT.

That's gonna shake things up :azn: .

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys should also post good stories about progress in womens rights, cultural developments etc. Those things are way more important than any skyscrapers

^^^This thread is just for pics... there are many other threads where you can find them. Don't clutter this thread with troll-attracting posts.

Testing of trains for Green Line begins today at Peenya depot---Namma Metro(bangalore)
27BGPAGE4-2_1126245f.jpg

Photos copyright:myron-j

^^^

I like it! Finally, a real 3'rd rail AND slick looking system. Can someone point out said rail?
I can't see it, plus, the rake seems made-in-india too.

Technically sound and almost contemporary. Compare with the pantograph (that's the frame on top connecting to the overhead electric power cables) type, overhead cable jungle type stuff they got in Delhi. I say almost because better induction tech. is already available. It's not solar, air pressure or nuclear powered, but buried induction enabled. No big deal really.

Let's hope Bihar metro will at least make it to the new contemporary induction level.
Bengaluru's always been a stylish place re: Indian sensibilities, nice to see they are at least keeping that never mind the name change cheapo local politics.

You guys should also post good stories about progress in womens rights, cultural developments etc. Those things are way more important than any skyscrapers

Another liberal commie appears :lol: , please say what exactly you want bojitiv neuj on and I will post it.. moreover, this thread is to show infrastructural changes happening in the country

Another liberal commie appears :lol:

^^^

@Shaurya, go learn some basic manners you troll.

You've been told before, been deleted before and are due for a ban now.
Stop knocking forumers. You've been reminded this is not your type of thread.

This is your 3'rd warning :agree: .

Back
Top Bottom