What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Bombay, MH

cc: 'Maverick01' on skyscrapercity.com

A city under construction...
1170868_10202644985900444_3021574311324959489_n.jpg

cc: 'Pranshu' on skyscrapercity.com

Don't want to spoil but was wondering why we never see skyscrapers in India ? why there is reluctance to higher than 40 storey.

Delhi is not good place for going higher as the ground does not support it but why not in Chennai and Mumbai ?

Bombay, MH

cc: Anand Dhakan

South-Eastern Bombay (Harbour side), MH
2v3og3o.jpg

cc: Rahul Gaikwad

Southwest-Central Bombay (Bay side), MH

1zx8jo7.jpg

cc: Andre123

Don't want to spoil but was wondering why we never see skyscrapers in India ? why there is reluctance to higher than 40 storey.
Delhi is not good place for going higher as the ground does not support it but why not in Chennai and Mumbai ?

Bombay is one of the world's fastest rising cities with over a 100 towers above the 200m/650ft (50+ floors, going all the way upto the 120 floor) mark, and an even greater number under construction between the 30-50 storey mark. Greater FSI allowances will see even more 300m+ towers sprouting up all over the MMR. Zoning laws and height restrictions over Lutyen's and other central/southern areas of New Delhi, ensure these areas remain low to mid-rise. Gurgoan (NCR) however, is seeing a massive spurt in skyscraper building, many above 200m, and that number is growing.

Last edited:
^^^
Thanks, over 100 50 storey talls, and over a dozen 100 storey super talls; good start.

From shots posted here, Mumbai looks very, very empty.
Perhaps it's 1/2 century of of babu-neta-builder sabotage of planned intensification, also massive population migration to MMR.

I was looking at how many Chinese coastal cities have moved their metropolitan expressways and clover leaf and other expressway inter-changes offshore.

Lot's of room to grow. Yes?

Last edited:
World One, Bombay, MH
904095_10202661167384971_8098189465587336873_o.jpg

cc: 'Pranshu' on skyscrapercity.com

^^
World One[4] is a residential skyscraper under construction in Mumbai, India. It will be located in Upper Worli[5] of Mumbai on the plot of a 17.5[6] acre site, which belonged to Srinivas Cotton Mills.[1] Lodha Group obtained the plot for 2.5 billion (US$42 million).[1] The project will cost 20 billion (US$330 million), be completed by 2015,[7] and will have the world’s tallest residential tower once completed.[8][9]

World One's architect is Pei Cobb Freed & Partners and Leslie E. Robertson Associates is the structural engineer.[10] The apartment prices in World One would start from 75 million (US$1.3 million) and the most expensive one by as much as 500 million (US$8.4 million)[6] Lodha expects to earn a revenue of 50 billion (US$840 million) from the sale of the apartments.[11] -wiki

" From shots posted here, Mumbai looks very, very empty.
Perhaps it's 1/2 century of of babu-neta-builder sabotage of planned intensification, also massive population migration to MMR. " - Posted by me.

The quick math is :
  • 500 % RoI re: approx. 5 yrs. project gestation.
    500 % Indian Rs. 250 Cr.'s-500 Cr.'s- 1000 Cr.'s - 2000 Cr.'s-4000 Cr.'s upto 5000 Cr.'s or
    500 % $'s 42 Mil. - 84 Mil. - 168 Mil.- 336 Mil. - 672 Mil.- utp $ 800 Mil.

• 100 % yr.-on-yr., RoI doubled every yr. for 4 yrs. project gestation, world's best :woot: ! Pssst ... better deal ? pm me.
Mumbai has come up with an organic, natural eco-system for 100 st. super-talls then, I expect many more. Lo behold, the above super project has room to grow next door, mill's on both sides and empty land parcels all round. Only in Mumbai, mills and super-talls in the same block.

Conclusion: Hans Rosling is a wonderfull

Last edited:
i am observing that this thread is stagnating....now no more new pics just the old recycled ones.
this is where congress has left us......it has totally choked development.

i am observing that this thread is stagnating....now no more new pics just the old recycled ones.
this is where congress has left us......it has totally choked development.
Not really, just the members who were the most diligent at posting here seem to have gone quiet (@NSG_BlackCats, @KS, @jaunty etc).

Just go on SSC to see things are very much still moving ahead.....

----------------------------------

CHURCHGATE STATION Mumbai

Churchgate_station.jpg

Slide3.JPG

churchgatestn.jpg

capstan-churchgate-station.jpg

old_glory_bombay_29.jpg

ch1.jpg

TODAY

ChurchGateStation.jpg

cc MumbaiMMR

Back