What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

LODHA BELLEZA,HYDERABAD UPDATES--

7783678790_a2f35e61cb_b.jpg

7783686240_4ef55b1190_b.jpg

7783697792_e0126f9bed_b.jpg

CC: Kailash9999

Nah I live in Kerala,never been to Mumbai but will visit for sure after I get B tech (after 4 years)
.At that time at least 6 supertalls will be completed in Mumbai :yahoo:

^^^

Don't listen to bs, reject all free advice.

Any advice worth it's salt is billable, as you well know. Advice is never free.

You MUST go to amchi Bombay! Why ?

It's THE city for young, educated and slick professionals.

Imagine, if there will be 4-6 super-talls when you get there,
India being India; each super-tall means a lot more then in Dubai, NY or HK.

Say hypothetically, you could apply the PPP model to buildings,
a 100 storey tall would be more ... hehe ... like a 500 - 1000 storeys in PPP terms :yahoo: .

And you are young enough to side-step the bs, dirt and garbage. Live in a slum or footpath, it really doesn't matter. If you make it in Mumbai, you'll be on top of the world. If not, immigrate or go abroad, but forget being on top, again who cares. Mumbai is 1/2 way to Gulf too.

Not to go :nuts: on netas, but PM MMS had said 5 yrs. ago he will turn Mumbai into Shanghai ? Looks like he's true to his word. And if Cong. wins again, Bombay will surpass even Shanghai. After all Shanghai don't have world's largest film industry, BFSI outsourcing or reasonable off-shore oil reserves. Everything else Shanghai has is do-able in Mumbai, like ships, rockets, bullet trains and large civil aeroplane manufacturing industry.

NEW DELHI: Delhi Jal Board has claimed that work on the interceptor sewage system is set to be completed by July 2014.

Once the three main drains running through the city - Najafgarh, Shahdara and Supplementary - are intercepted, the biochemical oxygen demand of the Yamuna, an indication of its pollution levels, will come down from a massive 40 parts per million (ppm) at present to about 12 ppm.

Work progress at the Najafgarh drain was inspected by CM Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday.

In pic: The intercepter and drain construction at Najafgarh drain in Delhi.

"The project, the largest ever undertaken by the DJB, will benefit about 70% of Delhi. This will help clean the Yamuna water for non-potable purposes, which will then be used extensively for horticulture and cleaning purposes. Delhi's population has been growing and we have not been successful in meeting its sewage or water demand so far," she said.

A 59-km-long sewer at the depth of 20 to 60 feet will be laid at a cost of Rs 1,978 crore along the river as part of the project to contain pollutants being released into the river by three major drains.

In pic: A worker at the intercepter at Najafgarh drain in Delhi on Wednesday.

The Interceptor Sewer is being laid along the three major drains -Najafgarh, Supplementary and Shahdara to intercept sewage flowing from the subsidiary small drains. The sewage will be taken to the nearest Sewage Treatment Plant ( STP) to ensure that only treated sewage is discharged into the river.

Sewage from 1,600 unauthorized colonies, JJ clusters and rural villages will be trapped in the interceptors which will eventually function as trunk sewers themselves. Work has been divided into six packages, all of which started simultaneously, on July 1, 2011.

The effluent generated will be treated to a level where it can be utilised for non-potable purposes.

"The project is already delayed and we wanted work to finish as soon as possible. Hence it was divided in six parts. Three are set to be completed by June 30, 2013 and work is complete by 22%-32%. The other three will be completed by June 30, 2014. Work on these has progressed by 10%-16%," said sources.

15160664.cms

Governments of Haryana and Uttar Pradesh and MCD, DDA, Delhi Small Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation and the Upper River Yamuna Board are the other key stakeholders in the cleaning of Yamuna.

The interceptor drains are at a depth of six to 18 m below ground level. The size of pipes range from 600 mm to 2,400 mm, depending on the quantity of sewage that they are expected to tap. The pipes are laid using trenchless technology like micro-tunneling and pipe jacking.

The concrete pipes will be lined internally with high density poly ethylene to make the structures stronger. DJB CEP Debashree Mukherjee said that periodical reviews are being carried out to ensure that work went on smoothly.

Interceptor sewer: How Delhi is gearing up to curb Yamuna pollution levels - Economic Times

Thank God! Abingdonboy, thanks much.

Often it felt like Indian cities were drowning in their own ****, phew, and the stench! This sewer problem had needed a fix long time.

:offtopic:

India to trigger economic boom by giving mobiles to the poor

-The govt. plans to give millions of mobiles to its poorest to help lift penury

india-phone-2_2306090b.jpg

By Dean Nelson, in New Delhi11:43AM BST 10 Aug 2012

Officials believe the scheme, called *Har Hath Mein Mobile*, or A Mobile in Every Hand, could revolutionise government services to the poor by offering more than 200 million people without phone connections access to banking services and information sites which could help boost their incomes. They also believe it could help protect their state benefits from corrupt civil servants. Dr Montek Singh Ahluwalia, a senior advisor to India's prime minister Dr Manmohan Singh confirmed the idea was aimed the millions of poor families in rural India.

Telecommunications analyst Anil Kumar, who runs the independent Telecom Watchdog, said government officials had discussed the scheme with him and that they expected it to be operational by the end of 2013 – just as election campaigning begins. "The idea is give all below the poverty line a mobile handset with 200 free talk minutes. They have yet to work out the details, but 2014 is an election year and it will take a year to invite tenders. It is mainly a political matter for them," he said.

Telecom ministry officials told industry figures the scheme will cost just under a billion pounds and will initially be targeted at six million 'below poverty level' families living on less than £63 per month. It is expected to feature in the Congress-led government's manifesto for the 2014 election campaign.

The scheme has been partly inspired by Kenya's M-PESA mobile phone banking system which enables poor people to transfer money and receive payments via sms text messages. Similar schemes in India have been hampered because millions have no official identity documentation.

The Mobile in Every Hand Scheme however will benefit from the government's ambitious unique identification project to record the biometric details of every Indian and issue them a secure number to help them access government services online. More than 200 million people have already been given new ID numbers.

India has undergone a mobile phone revolution in the last decade with cheap Chinese and Indian made mobile phones and 'pay as you go' services encouraging millions of poor rickshaw pullers and domestic servants to subscribe.

Despite chronic electricity shortages, more than three-quarters of its 1.2 billion people have mobile phones and use them to boost their incomes.

Rickshaw pullers have established cellphone booking services in some cities, while small-holders use them to get text message weather forecasts which have helped boost crops.

Professor Anil Gupta, one of India's leading experts on 'frugal innovations' for the poor, said the proposal was "potentially revolutionary" and could help reduce corruption.
"It could be used for mobile banking. Camera phones could be used to record whether [government school] teachers come to school every day – a way of monitoring the bureaucracy. People could use them to create markets for things they have to sell," he said.

Full Article :
The Telegraph, UK @ India to trigger economic boom by giving mobiles to the poor - Telegraph

---xxx---

Almost Middle-Class Prices, Amrapali Leisure Park Complex in Delhi NCR

-Ad says Rs. 25 to 75 Lakh ($ 50,000 - 125,000).

There may be approx. 100 similar sized projects in Delhi NCR.
It also looks like real-estate projects are going to amplify in size and scope with better public infr a. like better metro rail, highways, schools, hospitals and maybe even bijlee-pani access. Much public infra. to the extent of a metro rail system and highways are being put in by private interests, in 'partnership' with govt. It's private, exciting times ahead!

The new Dwarka-Gurgaon & Yamuna Expressways on opposite sides of Delhi NCR are fuelling housing boom.

Amrapali-Leisure-Park-Noida.jpg

New Delhi-Jaipur Double-Decker Train from Today
------------------------------------------------

Takes off from Sarai Rohidda, Dilli

15513689.cms

Full article - http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/photo/15513689.cms

^^ i have no idea that those pics already have been posted....Sorry bruv...

Showing my Love for Ahmedabad, hehe :p

^^ i have no idea that those pics already have been posted....Sorry bruv...

Showing my Love for Ahmedabad, hehe :p

and,yeah amehdabad isn't under rated at all, its kept in the same category with hyderabad and kochi..:)

ahemdabad looks cool..i guess ahmedabad need more skyline....usually what happens is people judge the progress of a state by its skyline (foolish though).

@pakindia Kochi is as good as Ahmedabd and hydrabad?? i havent been to that place....that means, we are having so many cities that are moving out of the shadows of four metros....Nice....Banglore(For me, BLR already a metro), Ahmdbd, Hydrbd, Pune, Kochi, Indore....Have i missed any other city?

@pakindia Kochi is as good as Ahmedabd and hydrabad?? i havent been to that place....that means, we are having so many cities that are moving out of the shadows of four metros....Nice....Banglore(For me, BLR already a metro), Ahmdbd, Hydrbd, Pune, Kochi, Indore....Have i missed any other city?

kochi is just awesome with metro work starting next month and this city has the second highest HDI(human development index) in india!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom