What's new

India crash lands into world's super sonic SSM club

moderators its the same discussions as the other thread.
if possible please merge them so that we dont have to post the same reasons twice and people stop asking the same questions.

sir i will give you more facts from the original article posted by AM on page 5

On its part, Army has ordered two BrahMos regiments in the first phase at a cost of Rs 8,352 crore, with 134 missiles, 10 road-mobile autonomous launchers on 12x12 Tatra vehicles, four mobile command posts and the like, said sources.

The Navy, in turn, has ordered 49 BrahMos firing units at a cost of Rs 711 crore for now. All the tests of the BrahMos naval version, both anti-ship and land-attack ones, have been successful till now.

BrahMos was even fired successfully from a vertical launcher - the earlier tests were from 'inclined' launchers - fitted on Rajput-class destroyer INS Ranvir in Bay of Bengal last month.

The 'universal vertical launcher' is significant since it imparts the missile system with some stealth as well as the capability to be fired in any direction. It also paves the way for the integration of BrahMos missiles on submarines.

sir the final analysis :-
134 missiles for indian army.
47 units for navy
total money spend on induction :-8,352 + 711 crores.

capability of launches-= land,sea,air<on trials>
nuclear and conventional
supersonic.
platforms = vertical, inclined launch capability.

total 21 tests ( 20 successful 1 failure )
success &#37; =95.238
actual success rate = approx 90% < you approx the total value of actual tests for field test values >

now sir show a me supersonic cruise missile in the world with a nuclear warhead with 90% test success and capable of being launched from sea, land and air , and you can judge for yourself if it is successful or not

PS= please visit the brahmos tests fails thread so that we can carry the discussion forward instead of posting the same questions.

Janab, there is lot to laugh at........ it was only yesterday and even today that some patriotic hindustanis were boasting about the same missile and opening new threads here to ask for suggested Pakistani response. i did suggest one response in my post........ laugh it off and move on.

Brahmos and all related developments are China centeric. It would be more appropirate to invite China for a response!

1 test failed..... frankly, i have got to give you the credit for keeping a serious face on this one..........:lol: have we forgotten about Arjun and many other indigenous projects???????????? its only imbeciles and dunces who harp on the tune of indigenization because today every thing is about cost-benefit analysis or cost effectiveness.............. :cheers:

Some indian member even depictied this failure better than others success!

What's wrong with trying new things and failing instead of just copying from some one else. When tests are done it will not always be a success. Remember the old adage, Failures are the stepping stones for success. This is just one of it.

You are such a optimist!
i like you.
Try, try and try again....

and fail, fail and fail again!

Nobody got up one day, made a missile and it was a success in one shot.
We did.
Ours have been success in one shot.
Even early missile test done by others have also failed.
Please give me the names.
And you may try to fit in a Pakistani name in that list.

sir i will give you more facts from the original article posted by AM on page 5

Hi Moscow,
Can you tell if Russia will be willing to sell super cruise missiles to other nations?

i wonder why pakistani 'indigenous' missiles havnt failed even once.
A simple answer after making use of common sense is: Hell! we are better!
it's like the pakistani scientists got up one day and made the most perfect and most precise missiles....all of them
O yes they did. Any doubts?
Everything is on record.
or is it because unlike india...pakistan doesn't have a genuine missile program.
What a claim.
Don't tell me you don't reverse engineer.
Even the Americans reverse engineered, CIA has a complete department for this. They even have been catching planes and things from friendly Englishmen.
Well, yes Vijaynta product was an indigenous one;)
we have a space program that augments our missile program...we've met failures in both...but have come out with success...so we know that our programs are our own and that we dont buy ready -to-fire missiles...
We also know the fate of that 'space' program.

We did.
Ours have been success in one shot.

Yes, if it is already tested by some other country and you import and test the same then why not.:lol:

Please give me the names.
Taepodong-2 by North Korea is a failure despite having very good expertise with missile technology.

And you may try to fit in a Pakistani name in that list.

Refer to firs point. And yes, it is a 8th wonder of the world.

You are such a optimist!
i like you.
Try, try and try again....

and fail, fail and fail again!

Yes, we will try and without trying how can you achieve success. We will keep trying till we get success. It is a matter of national security to make these programs a success

Yes, if it is already tested by some other country and you import and test the same then why not.:lol:
English dude english!
Don't repeat the same BS again and again.
Speak with supportive text.
Otherwise i also have the capability to reciprocate your blame game.

And yes, it is a 8th wonder of the world.
Are you referring india or your failure as the 8th wonder?:cool:
If yes, you sure are correct!

The strategic competition with India has spurred Pakistani efforts to acquire ballistic missiles, which it claims to have done without assistance. Pakistan's missile industry includes a large solid rocket motor production complex and a ballistic missile test facility. Chinese and more recently North Korea assistance has sustained these efforts. Pakistan's missile effort evidently consists of three components:

* The short range Hatf-1 and Hatf-2, which are apparently of Pakistani design and construction, were developed by the Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (SUPARCO). These missiles seem to have proven a disappointment, due probably in no small measure to their modest range, and do not appear to have entered operational service.
* The Shaheen series of solid-propellant missiles are imports from China by the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC), which is also responsible for Pakistan's plutonium bomb program. The Chinese M-11 missile was obtained from China in the early 1990s, and tested with considerable publicity in mid-1999. The longer range Shaheen-I and Shaheen-II appear to correspond to the Chinese M-9 and DF-15, respectively, though there is presently no solid evidence that Pakistan has obtained either missile.

Ever thought why N.Korea would help Pakistan, despite being a non-muslim state thousands of miles away.
Keep on whining!

Why is so much hate against india? the current Indian space and defence missions are different . India want both industries to develop seperately to develop them as a revenue making industry. Has india put a neuclear warhead atop one of its satellite launchers to claim it as an ICBM? Did it use any tech from its civilian space program to shoot down a dead satellite?

Hi Moscow,
Can you tell if Russia will be willing to sell super cruise missiles to other nations?

sir everything in this world is for sale f offered proper incentives.
i dont have any official reports about the claims sir

thanx

sir earnest request please stop the useless VS syndrome.
we are reaching nowhere with these posts from you all.

there is no missile produced in the world that can claim a 100&#37; succcess ratio if anyone is claiming this then you are on keeping your self in the dark.
and please refrain from baseless coments and accusations.

its only a request.
thanx

ps :- iam still searching for an answer for my previous post on top of this page.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom