MirBadshah

BANNED
Reaction score
'India could revert to pre-1947 state'

Press Trust of India
Posted online: Sunday, April 22, 2007 at 1213 hours IST
Updated: Sunday, April 22, 2007 at 1215 hours IST

http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=85283#compstory

New Delhi, April 22: Bogged down by internal and external security threats, India could revert to its pre-independence territories if divisive trends are not firmly arrested and reversed, a defence analyst has said.

Naxalism and insurgency affected "more than 40 per cent" of India's territory, while psychological fragmentation over language, religion, caste or region had spread due to vote- bank politics, "resulting in overwhelming regional pressures in determining our foreign policy", Capt (retired) Bharat Verma said in an editorial in Indian Defence Review.

Painting a grim picture of the security situation in and around the country, he said the writ of state governments were being "rolled back towards their respective state capitals by Naxalites" while the entire land border was facing different threats.

"Despite India's pretensions of an emerging great power, its influence is shrinking -- both internally as well as on its external periphery," he said.

Observing that these negative and divisive trends need to be immediately arrested firmly and reversed, Verma said India could otherwise face the prospect of "reverting to its pre-independence status of splintered territories, principalities and fiefdoms ruled by feudals and their private militias who may well seek outside military support to subjugate their kith-turned-adversaries".

Definitly a scare mongering article, but still a needed scare mongering, just the right jolt for the politicans to handle it now itself before it becomes a real problem.

Few days back I raised the same question but some respected members here were upset, today it have came from the most trusted source (Indian defence review), so I would request these members to add their visions and thoughts, how do they see a united India in next 30 years.

I would appriciate contributions.

No, I think in 12 years. Kashmir would breakaway and Join Pakistan. Kerala would become Mallu Land. Tamil would unite with Sri-lanka, In the India would be divided into 14 different pieces

^^
The same can happen if Musharraf doesnt leave, Pakistan get split in to tiny pieces MNA is saying these rants since they came, Blaloch resistance is showing this trend.

mumarihq,

12 more years....india will dis-integrate...again. it happened once in 1947, now it will happen more, no need of 30 more years.. I am sure PUnjab, Kashmir, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and bengal will join with Pakistan, therefore Pakistan can have access to the bay of bengal, then you can re-unite with bangladesh and become Greater Pakistan,
dont worry. Inshallah, the day will come

"Despite India's pretensions of an emerging great power, its influence is shrinking -- both internally as well as on its external periphery," he said.

Thats rubbish the Americans wont let that happen India is stratigic against China and Pakistan, this is an speculation India isn't that weak in its Politics and government, they have a democracy and are a emerging power in the region.

Interceptor,

You are wrong, I want kerala to be independent, I have 4 people in my group now, there are other groups here too, we are unenchanted by the Indian political people, therefore we want independence....
India will dis-integrate...mark my words

Indian government is a oppresive regime, killing minorities and other people;s. Therefore people should join with the naxals, raise a grand army and get in touch with Pakistani army, and attack other, from the outside and the inside.
We will take care of the nukeclear weapons, pakistan can drive all the way till calcutta, But South India will become the Mallu Land. No more tamil nadu, andra pradesh or Karnatake. it will come Mallu Land,

I would have assumed that Indian writers would be appalled by the prospect of the disintegration of India but after reading this thread it seems that they apparently not and are in fact encouraged by the idea. I am confused how the Indian opinion on this forum varies so much from thread to thread.

Munshi the great academic

Cant you snese that that the remarks by Adux are sarcastic..... He is jus telling it for the sake of fun and make some Pakistani brothers happy he he ehe heh heh he he

mumarihq,

12 more years....india will dis-integrate...again. it happened once in 1947, now it will happen more, no need of 30 more years.. I am sure PUnjab, Kashmir, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and bengal will join with Pakistan, therefore Pakistan can have access to the bay of bengal, then you can re-unite with bangladesh and become Greater Pakistan,
dont worry. Inshallah, the day will come

what are you smoking tonite? by your post I think its pretty strong stuff :lol:

I would have assumed that Indian writers would be appalled by the prospect of the disintegration of India but after reading this thread it seems that they apparently not and are in fact encouraged by the idea. I am confused how the Indian opinion on this forum varies so much from thread to thread.

Munshiji,

My heartfelt apologies for my appalling behavior to you before, I agree with your assessment. RAW cannot succeed in keeping people captive again, the Dis-integration is imiment, it is only a matter of years. I am sure for say something so outward, that too in public fora like the internet. RAW can target me and find me using my IP addrss.

Back
Top Bottom