What's new

India China Border: Chinese military positions

Found some interesting videos on the India-China border.

Why Doklam plateau is of strategic importance to India.

Chinese Airfields of importance to India.

Chinese roads and presence in AksaiChin

Chinese infrastructure near Tawang

Chinese infiltration routes in Uttarakhand

My POV:

1. The terrain on India China border makes a scenario of war highly unlikely all that we can see is may be a skirmish.
2. Because of the location of Doklam plateau its of strategic importance to India as anybody holding it will get edge over India's life lines.
3. The plateau may belong to Bhutan or China but India and China need to speed up the solution to resolve its border disputes (all of them).
4. I seriously don't think loosing lives there of our men in uniform is worth much for both India and China.
As a Chinese, I hold a different view about how this border disputes began.
However, I hold the same view that no war should started.
I always suspected that Indian military started this thing for BJP election...
Both countries should now focus on economical development, a major border with each other will be stupid, only American got benefits. Does India want to pay another hundreds of billions for military equipments?

Both countries should now focus on economical development, a major border with each other will be stupid, only American got benefits. Does India want to pay another hundreds of billions for military equipments?

The Indian military is a professional force - they do not start wars for any politcal party.

And by the way, the leadership of both countries are smarter than most people posting on this forum - they know that economic development of their own country is of paramount importance.

Neither country wants to start a war, and neither will. That's the truth. Despite what Pakistanis here wish.

They are not Chinease .

The chinease impersonators are false flagger Pakistanis pretending to love Pakistan .

The average Chinease knows nothing of this forum

Bull shit lies
I can agree to that, yesterday I saw @Han Patriot post write in a way people from India and Pakistan writes. Even the way you put your argument gives in sense of your area.

I somehow have a feeling that that is how all Chinese think and I totally agree with your point.
I am getting a feeling that this confrontation of China is not as simple as other it had in past. They have grabbed land/sea etc and even have not obeyed to international rulings. However, how they play out on this one has potential to decide their future. Basics of foreign policy also state that do not create enemies without big reason. I also feel that China has grown big but they have not learned how to behave live big. I will compare to an example in the real world. In our work place you might have seen when one member of team gets promoted and become a team lead, the majority of instance the person gets confused how he should act at his new level and initially he becomes too bossy and he feels now he is the boss and should behave differently. A good lot quickly learns from their mistake and course correct, some of them do not do it and get bad reputation as a boss. So its that kind of movement for China. The US has been a big power while it bullies at the time but also works humbly on occasions, plays both sides of foreign policy. I have always advocated that the US should remain the center of world politics as it has handled better. China is not acceptable as it's a bully and has problems with all of its neighbor. Its so terrible that a genuine concern like this become ego issue for these idiots. No country will accept a move that can have a potential to jeopardize its security. Additionally, China has been Pathetic in doing the balancing.

Don't freaking tag me green freak.
I prefer to tag person when I talking about him. It's like good manners. So that you tell him what you spoke of him.

We have already crossed the border. By your definition we have invaded china almost 1.5 months ago.
All chinese so far doing is plz go back then we will dscuss on table.

They are pakistani. Yes.
Yes, you are 100% right, please let India army go back, discuss on the table! India already invaded China almost 1.5 months, so do the right thing. unless you wish for a war..... that is not good for both countries.

What is the Chinese view can you please share some links i would like to understand.

Epic logic: "I feel so panic of the possibility of a war so let's force it to a war first." "Strategic importance" is never a good reason of the invasion. Who tf cares about the fragile nerves of another? It's just a political game by Modi to hide his economic failure, for the upcoming election 2019.

But completely agree there should be no war, and that's y China is always warning and preparing but takes no real action. Real power plays mind game. The best use of military is to 'force' instead of to 'fight'. You would never expect US to consume itself to support anyone if it comes to a Sino-Indo war, despite the synchronization in the Malabar.

Please look at Syria and understand US is always playing to balance the forces so to maintain the conflict, for the sake of their own safety and benefits (sell their weapons). When you find US standing with someone it just means the one is losing (so to balance). However a small percentage of PDF Indians talk like 8. They apparently have no capability to understand it so keep jumping up and down with yelling "Nuke 'em all!" like they are the only nuclear-armed power.... Wake up and grow up, gain the capability of thinking, and stop nuking anything with your keyboard. If you really want a war so badly, go to the front instead of talking big.

Last edited:
The Indian military is a professional force - they do not start wars for any politcal party.

And by the way, the leadership of both countries are smarter than most people posting on this forum - they know that economic development of their own country is of paramount importance.

Neither country wants to start a war, and neither will. That's the truth. Despite what Pakistanis here wish.

o_O

If GoI orders IA follows. That means if the party currently in power has a majority in parliament they can ask the Army whatever they want.

Found some interesting videos on the India-China border.

My POV:

1. The terrain on India China border makes a scenario of war highly unlikely all that we can see is may be a skirmish.
2. Because of the location of Doklam plateau its of strategic importance to India as anybody holding it will get edge over India's life lines.
3. The plateau may belong to Bhutan or China but India and China need to speed up the solution to resolve its border disputes (all of them).
4. I seriously don't think loosing lives there of our men in uniform is worth much for both India and China.

Thanks for the info provided, but i don't think P1 and P2 would be valid
1. if i was the commander of PLA, i would not sent my men to fight on the plateau. destroying the logistic support in the India side is more reasonable, and this can only be done by PLA AF or PLA Rocket Force. So, targets would be roads, warehouse, bridges near the border. This can keep the Indian soldier away while minimizing the loss of both side.

2 There is no such a strategic importance as your media outlined. even if the road was build to the border, its only 10-20 km closer. is that really a big deal for modern warfare? MLRS has a range of 200+KM, CMs >1000+KM.

why the Chinese want to build a road and the Indian opposed it?
my thinking is: politics

Inside Bhutan, there are pro India and pro China parties, but the pro India ones always got the upper hand. However, if a road is built, things might change. Road = trade route = Money, good, weapons etc.
Take Nepal for example, when they say No to India last year, India cut their 1000t oil supply after the earth quake hit Nepal hard. However, there can get the same thing from the east since China has extend their railway network to Kathmandu.
So if a road is built, China can gain more influence in Bhutan.

Nevertheless, i am totally agreed with your last two point.
there is nothing to be gain for most of us, we wont get or lose anything no matter who takes control there. but if a war break out, those who dies can never come back; those who could be benefited would never go to the front line. I just don't understand why so many keyboard worriers wants a war so desperately.

If you have something meaningful contribute otherwise you can just keep quiet.

We are not really interested in going any further. That is of no use.
The longer the time.The likelihood of war is higher.Our country is continuing to transport troops to Tibet.you too.
It's time to prove who is the dominant Asian power.
Peace is the son of war.Hope that China and India will become peaceful after a war.
下面我说中文吧,如果你们有翻译软件。
印度想保护的东西,是我们想要得到的。如果我们达到了目的,我们知道印度将会丢脸。因为这次的目标就是南亚政治格局的变化,所以不要指望我们会退步,因为我们就是要让印度丢脸,塑造一个不得不服从中国的印度形象。

The longer the time.The likelihood of war is higher.Our country is continuing to transport troops to Tibet.you too.
Peace is the son of war.Hope that China and India will become peaceful after a war.
下面我说中文吧,如果你们有翻译软件。
印度想保护的东西,是我们想要得到的。如果我们达到了目的,我们知道印度将会丢脸。因为这次的目标就是南亚政治格局的变化,所以不要指望我们会退步,因为我们就是要让印度丢脸,塑造一个不得不服从中国的印度形象。

How many troops and equipment you want to transport from main land. The transportation costs will be high if you fight India. For India the border is just next door.

How many troops and equipment you want to transport from main land. The transportation costs will be high if you fight India. For India the border is just next door.
We won't act according to your script.Because you'll be ready.
The border between China and India is very long.
We'll write new scripts.
Just like 2013.You can search for 2013 news.It's just a little play.

下面我说中文吧,如果你们有翻译软件。

The problem here is that of attitude.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom