What's new

India cancels defence talks with Sri Lanka

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
India cancels defence talks with
Sri Lanka

In the wake of sharp attack from Tamil Nadu parties, which have accused it of being soft on alleged human rights violations against Tamils in Sri Lanka, the Union government on Monday called off the annual defence dialogue with Colombo.

Official sources gave no reason for putting off the three-day talks, but added that scheduling of dates would have to be done afresh.

“The annual defence dialogue is not taking place for the time being, we will have to work out new dates for it and then schedule it,” they said.

In a written reply in the Lok Sabha on Monday, Defence Minister A.K. Antony said requests for defence assistance are received from time to time from foreign countries.

“Such requests are considered keeping in view all aspects of national interests. Further details cannot be divulged in view of the security implications involved,” he said.

Defence dialogue with Sri Lanka called off - The Hindu

No defence talks???????? Why???????

Anyway, Welcome........

Indian Naval Ships, “INS Sujata”, “INS Tarangini” and Coast Guard Ship “ICGS Varuna” arrived at the Port of Colombo on a training visit. The ships were welcomed by the Sri Lanka Navy in accordance with naval traditions on arrival.

6.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

...As is a common proverb in Hindi...'Elephant has different sets of teeth for different purpose'.
India has difficult political compulsions...but it knows how to do business with the political liability..

really Sri Lanka an Indian ally? are you dreaming ?, these people are the greatest back stabbers, if I were the pm I would go Nazi on them

We would like to have Sri Lanka as ally, but mostly I see Sri Lankans abusing India. In that case it would be difficult to be allies.

We would like to have Sri Lanka as ally, but mostly I see Sri Lankans abusing India. In that case it would be difficult to be allies.

ya the fact is they're not our ally they've never been our ally except our government just claim,.... those guys started betraying us long ago, they're still talking to us only to get our free aid,

really Sri Lanka an Indian ally? are you dreaming ?, these people are the greatest back stabbers, if I were the pm I would go Nazi on them

ya the fact is they're not our ally they've never been our ally except our government just claim,.... those guys started betraying us long ago, they're still talking to us only to get our free aid,

Oh! U are not friends with us? :( why is it because we trained terrorists in ur soil and funded them and one of our states continue to support it?

No defence talks???????? Why???????

Anyway, Welcome........

Indian Naval Ships, “INS Sujata”, “INS Tarangini” and Coast Guard Ship “ICGS Varuna” arrived at the Port of Colombo on a training visit. The ships were welcomed by the Sri Lanka Navy in accordance with naval traditions on arrival.

Theatrics and business are 2 different things. Elections are approaching, so all this hoolalala happening.

Oh! U are not friends with us? :( why is it because we trained terrorists in ur soil and funded them and one of our states continue to support it?

And Our Army almost finished those terrorists before you guys chickened out , Don't forget 1800 soldiers died of my country who fought your battle in your country , it took your army 20 more years to do what we almost had done 20 years back .

Please don't believe everything these reports say blindly,,,All the details are not let out in media ,,lot of things are kept
between the top brass only , as we have to maintain peace in our country ( especially Tamil nadu).So reports are purposely manipulated.
Haathi ke daant dikhane ke aur hai aur khane ke aur ...

Stop pretending as if Sri Lanka only depends on India. And backstabbers? Hello !!

And Our Army almost finished those terrorists before you guys chickened out , Don't forget 1800 soldiers died of my country who fought your battle in your country , it took your army 20 more years to do what we almost had done 20 years back .

U guys were crying We Lankans are Backstabbers unfriendly.....so i just asked u a simple question why? whether it was because we trained and funded terrorists in ur country in our soil? And is it because some section of our country support eperatism in ur country and ur people are being assaulted by thugs in our railway stations?

I asked u a qn. Dnt have answers?

Indians calling Lankans backstabbers must be the funniest of the jokes.

And abt the quoted, dont talk abt things u dont understand and dont knw. These are not kid's stuff, so i suggest u not to talk abt them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom