What's new

India can launch a short war in case of a Pak misadventure

A short war is the most desirable conflict, If one can achieve limited but hard hitting objectives in the least possible time and avoiding casualties. That is a successful war.

Absolutely.

Our Generals are prepared for this and other various threats and events. A short war on the Indo-Pak border for a few weeks can be a decisive war that may impact the future of the region.

Pakistani army personnel to personnel is better equipped and trained compared to the Indian army, Indian army relies mostly on overwhelming numbers. While Pakistan has a qualitative edge to combat their vast soldiers, though don't under estimate the effect of their capability to throw waves of bodies at us.

This is why it is so important for Pakistan to develop or acquire the military hardware needed to execute a lightning strike or Blitzkrieg style war, we ought to learn from the Great German Generals (beautiful alliteration) that are masters of this brilliant and beautiful art.

At times like these I hunker down with a cup of chai and read the "Art of War"...

Al-Jihaad

:rofl:
u have been watching 2 much zaid hamid stuff my friend. trust me, Indians just want Pak to leave them alone. I stay here so I know. The only thing we want to beat u in is cricket:toast_sign:

I have actually never watched every single of his videos or shows or whatever.
I only know his face, and that's it.
I'm not your average Indian-obsessed paranoid Pakistani.
I'm observing what alot of Indians actually think and how they want Pakistan to be treated by their government and army.
Doesn't look bright for us, ofcourse we want to beat you in cricket aswell, but sports aside, the reality is that India is becoming stronger, and it won't hestitate to make good use of its growing responsibility and force against Pakistan.
No matter how much I'd like to focus on sports to improve bonds between both nations, it's impossible.

yes, from the perspective of human phsychology, assurance makes a difference. Also, Pakistan will think twice before trying another mumbai style , if the govt. was invlolved that is. ;)

I think, India does not have the reason for surgical strikes bcos it has no proof that pakistan govt is involved.

Ok you said IF pakistan government was involved...well luckily for you the government wasn't involved....

the reason i say luckily is because indian government would have had to talk about surgical strikes and then the indians would have made a fool of themselves because the INDIANS could never EVER carry out surgical strikes!!

now i know this might HURT the indian ego but the reason i say this is cuz with nuclear weapons in context any ACT OF agression by either SIDE could open up a Pandora’s box that no one will be able to handle!!!

so all these threats are nothing but THREATS....i say don't look into it alot....

have a look at this video bro

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a short surgical strike will be a prelude to a greater escalation.

While Indians are more mature now, a perfect storm of peoples anger, medias mischief and politicians becoming unaturally aggressive can set the tone for the next war.

Even in Kargil, everyone bar the politicians were baying for India to strike across the LOC. Today, if the civilian leadership recants after a Kargil like situation, the Indian army will not hesitate for a second to take out various targets in Pakistan , especially terrorist bases used to arm and train militants across Kashmir.

So this should always be kept in the back of the mind.

Thats exactly the point i would like to make.

By the ways,whats the matter with u ANDUBYLL u are getting better in grasping indian thinking with passing day.

guys,

Its all depends on the circumstances and more over who is the prime minister.

If there is someone more adventurous PM like Indira Gandhi ,then there would have been some sort military action after 26/11.

But for an economist PM like Manmohan Singh,the cost of war at the time of economic recession weighed heavily in his mind.

Personally,the ways things going in pakistan...i think not going to war was the right decision.

Also in the coming days ,i'm sure the ppl in pakistan who backed 26/11 attacks would similar situation to push india in to a militsary conflict with it for the same reason they attempted 26/11.

Absolutely.

Our Generals are prepared for this and other various threats and events. A short war on the Indo-Pak border for a few weeks can be a decisive war that may impact the future of the region.

Pakistani army personnel to personnel is better equipped and trained compared to the Indian army, Indian army relies mostly on overwhelming numbers. While Pakistan has a qualitative edge to combat their vast soldiers, though don't under estimate the effect of their capability to throw waves of bodies at us.

This is why it is so important for Pakistan to develop or acquire the military hardware needed to execute a lightning strike or Blitzkrieg style war, we ought to learn from the Great German Generals (beautiful alliteration) that are masters of this brilliant and beautiful art.

At times like these I hunker down with a cup of chai and read the "Art of War"...

Al-Jihaad

"At times like these I hunker down with a cup of chai and read the "Art of War"..."

U should also read the history of past indo-pak wars...

pakistani nation have this old habit of living on false premises and dubious misconceptions.

For instance,they had then planned and hoped to defeat India in Kashmir while deterring india from attacking Pakistan as in 1965.

or like pinning hopes on chinese intervention during Bangladesh liberation war in 71.

or like putting the spin of, claiming the kashmiri Mujahidins have occupied the kargil heights and expecting the rest of the world to believe it in.

or/and i can just go on and on....

lol, Cant u guys get real sometime??

Last edited:
Absolutely.

Al-Jihaad

can you plz elaborate further using statistics and examples.

To avoid trouble, it would be best for Pakistan to keep its extremist organizations under check.

Just short time back Mehsud was being called a patriotic Pakistani by Pak army.

Was Mumbai 26/11 operation by LeT in Pakistan's best interest?

In Judo, you use the momentum of your opponent to trip him.

In the case of organizations like the TTP and the LeT, the momentum is the mentality of Talibanization that began with Zia. People like A1Kaid are good examples. In the case of the South Asian region as a whole, the momentum is enmity between Pak and India.

Can these momentums be exploited? By whom? And how? Points to ponder over.

Last edited:
Pakistan will never sit quiet if India attacks Pakistan. India is not America. India and Pakistan had a rough history in these past 62 years, our army will fight Indians with every last weapon if India starts a 4th Indo-Pak war.

I think this article deserves a rational analysis, people get too caught up in their emotions and we end up pointing fingers at each others shortcomings instead of analyzing what's being said. If you do choose to reply to my comment, please try and counter my arguments, I already know India is poor.

I don't think a short and intense war is completely out of India's capabilities, the Indian armed forces undoubtedly have a way to go before they can be compared to likes of the European or even the Chinese armed forces, that said, India is still more than capable of carrying out a limited war directed towards eliminating terrorist training camps and the like.

It is in Pakistan's interest to keep a check on any and all organizations operating from its soil that seek to harm India. The Mumbai attacks clearly demonstrated that terrorists still operate with impunity in Pakistan. 26/11 really seems like the last straw, I don't see what other options India would have in the event of another major terrorist attack, how is the government going to contain the subsequent public outcry again? If the congress chooses to do nothing the next time around, I doubt they'll ever be elected back into office anytime in the next century. If India does decide to use the military option, they would probably target very specific targets like training camps I suppose.

From the Pakistani angle, would they really want to start a full blown war over a training camp or two? It's not like India is going to try and capture Lahore. I think the resistance would be very symbolic because I don't see what options they really have. Pakistan is already fighting a fierce war with the Taliban, they would have to devote all their resources to fighting India and in turn give the Taliban time to regroup and hunker down. The Taliban might also use the opportunity to score points with the people and expand their influence, something Pakistan will not be very comfortable with. Pakistan is also in some serious debt, so a sustained resistance seems unlikely, the Americans would probably play a pivotal role in making sure the war doesn't escalate, India can use it's new found diplomatic leverage and sympathy in the event of an attack to its advantage. Nuclear weapons will not be used, that's just a bluff, halwa hai kya? The Cuban missile crisis comes to mind, MAD works better than most people think, if anything nuclear weapons will make sure neither side gets too adventurous. I don't buy any of the 'low nuclear threshold' nonsense. Nuclear weapons are nuclear weapons.

From India's perspective, the strikes may lead to heightened tensions for a while, but eventually it would lead to some permanent pay offs. Pakistan will no longer have the advantage of 'plausible deniability', terrorists would no longer see India as a soft target, Pakistan would have to tread carefully with its support for Kashmiri groups fearing a return to violence which in turn would crush the hopes of any remaining separatists. In such a scenario, both countries will see no option but to come to an agreement that would allow them to co-exist. India may have the advantage for a short while, but if it chooses to abuse its position they'll be back to square one, which defeats the purpose of the entire episode.

what do you guys think?

Thats rediculus. Extremely amazing how army of a country label the invaders as great patriots. Once hilary clinton also indicated this surprise when peace deal was underway.

I think if India will launch a war then it will be up to the PA to decide when to end that war .Infact that war will not be short. PA will definately push it towards the conventional warfare in which the use of conventional wepons might come into play.
In the Nuclear world the true enemy is War it self

Pakistan will never sit quiet if India attacks Pakistan. India is not America. India and Pakistan had a rough history in these past 62 years, our army will fight Indians with every last weapon if India starts a 4th Indo-Pak war.

considering that pak started the wars earlier, does that not give india a reason to start one?:azn:

I think if India will launch a war then it will be up to the PA to decide when to end that war .Infact that war will not be short. PA will definately push it towards the conventional warfare in which the use of conventional wepons might come into play.
In the Nuclear world the true enemy is War it self

PLA did nothing during Kargil, 71, 65

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom