What's new

India can be balancing power in triangular ties: Chinese daily

kurup

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
2013_10$largeimg223_Oct_2013_175045143.jpg

Beijing : Indian can act as a balancing force in triangular relations like China-US-India and China-Russia-India, a leading Chinese daily commented.

In triangular relations with China-US-India or China-Russia-India, India can act as a balancing force, and its choice of flexibility will break the balance and ensure its interests, the Global Times stated in an article headlined 'Mutual needs paves way for Singh's China visit' Tuesday, the day Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh landed in Beijing on a bilateral visit.

With both China and India aiming for great power status on the world stage, neither side can afford to have an enemy at the door step, according to the article written by Xie Chao, a visiting doctoral student at the Department of Politics and International Relations in the University of Oxford.

The article noted that the mainstream media in India has restrained nationalist calls for Singh to toe a hard line on a series of potential conflicts between the two Asian giants so that Singh's visit ends up fruitfully.

Actually, Sino-Indian disputes cannot reflect the true colours of bilateral strategic interaction on the international stage.

In fact, in the early 1990s, India made the move to improve its relations with Pakistan and China by signing confidence-building agreements, the article stated.

Unlike Sino-Japanese disputes over the Diaoyu Islands in which Japan is determined to escalate the situation, Sino-Indian border issues have generally been peaceful and stable since the first round of border talks in 2003, which did not solve the whole issue but showed a mutual willingness to talk.

It is in the interests of India, a potential big player in international politics, to keep a subtle balance in its relations with big powers, the writer noted.

As noted in Chinese President Xi Jinping's remarks with Singh this March, China and India should respect each other's core interests and major concerns, deepen mutual strategic trust, and hence strengthen coordination and cooperation on international affairs, the article said.

It also mentioned that Prime Minister Singh gave a very positive response saying that India adhered to an independent foreign policy and would not be used as a tool to contain China.

As noted in Nonalignment 2.0, a strategic framework for India foreign policy published in 2012, the core objective of India's strategic approach should be to give India maximum options in its relations with the outside world, hence enhancing India's strategic space and capacity for independent development, the article pointed out.

If this is so, China should welcome and encourage an India pursuing strategic autonomy, it concluded.

Indian Defence News - India can be balancing power in triangular ties: Chinese daily

China-India-Russia....if China doesn't want us then India-Russia.

USA is cunning.

China-India-Russia....if China doesn't want us then India-Russia.

USA is cunning.

what your nation can offer?

economy crashed, power grid is not working, LCA is still undergoing testing, can't make a single smartphone with domestically built components, school funding is probably 1/10 of ours R&D spending doesn't exist.

tell me what your nation can offer?

economy crashed, power grid is not working, LCA is still undergoing testing, can't make a single smartphone with domestically built components, school funding is probably 1/10 of ours R&D spending doesn't exist.

If the relation normalises , you will have a neighboring country who will not have enemity towards you .

That is what my nation can offer .

With your country's imperialistic attitude in SCS , you will not be able to afford non-friendly nations on both your sides .

probably nothing.

India is well placed to do so due it's non-aligned stance in International relations. But it has failed to take advantage of this position time & again due to lack of political will by successive governments!

India is basically in China's old footstep. Back then China was the balancing power in the triangular ties (USA, CHINA, USSR)

India is basically in China's old footstep. Back then China was the balancing power in the triangular ties (USA, CHINA, USSR)
And what can Pakistan offer? I would worry more about your failed state.

India is more so of a failed stated than Pakistan. India is composed of many states that should declare independent.
Why don't you tell that to the UN or do you high IQ Chinese know more then them? And nome of those states want to declare independence. Only in Chinese and Pakistani wet dreams. :)

More like United States wants to use its power via India against China.

Just like United States used its power via Pakistan against the now extinct Soviet Union.

Last edited:
I get worried when i see articles like this....i dont want my nation in any great game of U.S.Our main aim must be our own development and less of this strategic depth bullshit.

More like United States wants to use its power via India against China.

Just like United States used its power via Pakistan against the now extinct Soviet Union.

LOL i have seen such blatant claims only few times before ! Russia which is the biggest remnant of USSR, is still larger than USA and China combined !

Soviet is not extinct ! It has just been changed forever ! Still the countries that broke away reports to Moscow first before US or UN !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom