ito

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
21.8KSHARES
7COMMENTS
anantha-chandrakasan_650x400_61501258652.jpg

Anantha Chandrakasan has been named the dean of the MIT's School of Engineering.

NEW YORK: An India-born academician at the prestigious Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has been named as the dean of its engineering school.

Anantha Chandrakasan, the Vannevar Bush Professor and head of the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) was last month named the dean of the MIT's School of Engineering.

He assumed his new role effective July 1. Chandrakasan succeeded Ian Waitz who is now MIT's vice chancellor, a statement from the MIT said.

The Chennai-born academician had previously headed the MIT's largest academic department, spearheading a number of initiatives that opened opportunities for students, postdocs, and faculty to conduct research, explore entrepreneurial projects.

MIT President Rafael Reif said in the statement that in a time of significant challenges, from new pressures on federal funding to the rising global competition for top engineering talent, he is confident that Chandrakasan would guide the school of engineering to maintain and enhance its position of leadership.

"And I believe that in the process he will help make all of MIT stronger, too," Reif said.

In an email, Provost Martin Schmidt described Chandrakasan as "a people-centered and innovative leader."

Since joining the MIT faculty in 1994, Chandrakasan has produced a significant body of research focused largely on making electronic circuits more energy efficient.

The MIT statement said that while at the helm of the EECS, Chandrakasan launched a number of initiatives on behalf of the department's students.

"That's what excites me about an administrative job. It's how I can enhance the student and postdoc experience. I want to create exciting opportunities for them, whether that's in entrepreneurship, research, or maker activities. One of the key things I plan to do as dean is to connect directly with students," the statement quoted Chandrakasan as saying.

Chandrakasan also initiated the 'Rising Stars' programme in EECS, an annual event that convenes graduate and postdoc women for the purpose of sharing advice about the early stages of an academic career.

"I'm also very passionate about helping our faculty explore new research areas," said Chandrakasan, who as department head has sought unrestricted grants and other funding to provide faculty with this flexibility.

Chandrakasan moved to the US while in high school. His mother was a biochemist and Fulbright scholar, and he spent considerable time in her lab where she conducted research on collagen.

"I always knew I wanted to be an engineer and a professor," he said.

"My mother really inspired me into an academic career. When I entered graduate school, I knew on day one that I wanted to be academic professor," he said.

Chandrakasan earned his bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees in electrical engineering and computer science from the University of California at Berkeley.

After joining the MIT faculty, he was the director of the Microsystems Technology Laboratories (MTL) from 2006 until he became the head of EECS in 2011.

He is a recipient of several awards including the 2009 Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) University Researcher Award, the 2013 IEEE Donald O Pederson Award in Solid-State Circuits, an honorary doctorate from KU Leuven in 2016, and the UC Berkeley EE Distinguished Alumni Award.

He was also recognised as the author with the highest number of publications in the 60-year history of the IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC), the foremost global forum for presentation of advances in solid- state circuits and systems-on-a-chip.

https://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad...named-dean-of-mits-engineering-school-1730556

indians in the west kick *** but india is still a shithole. i have never seen more inconsistency in my life

indians in the west kick *** but india is still a shithole. i have never seen more inconsistency in my life

around 1% of Indians are High IQ....that would make around 13 million......around half of them are in employable age that would make 6 million...out of those 6 million...at any given moment 3 million are residing outside.....the rest 3 million are not enough to manage a country of 1.3 billion....

around 1% of Indians are High IQ....that would make around 13 million......around half of them are in employable age that would make 6 million...out of those 6 million...at any given moment 3 million are residing outside.....the rest 3 million are not enough to manage a country of 1.3 billion....
iq is bullshit. best indians i've seen are from east africa and they were taken by force by the brits but somehoe they owned the game and became rich

so NO.

Why is that so ?
Because it's a necessary requirement for them since they need to stay there longer. Rather than renewing visa, acquiring citizenship is better option.

And GOI do not accept dual citizenship.

iq is bullshit. best indians i've seen are from east africa and they were taken by force by the brits but somehoe they owned the game and became rich

cuz they are Higher IQ than Africans If you are Higher IQ you would at least be able to accumulate more wealth...top level innovation though needs a strange mix of High IQ,High Testosterone as well as a bit of autism...IQ is one of the most tested and one the most accurately predictive quantity in psychology as well as neuroscience

cuz they are Higher IQ than Africans If you are Higher IQ you would at least be able to accumulate more wealth...top level innovation though needs a strange mix of High IQ,High Testosterone as well as a bit of autism...IQ is one of the most tested and one the most accurately predictive quantity in psychology as well as neuroscience
Just for your knowledge, you are talking to a flat earth believer.

Harvard Business School has an Indian dean. Now MIT engineering school too has an Indian dean. Two top schools in their area have Indians at top

my g they did well in africa then they lost their money because of Idi Amin and they were deported to the UK but they did well in the UK as well. you gonn say them birts aint shit as well?

my g they did well in africa then they lost their money because of Idi Amin and they were deported to the UK but they did well in the UK as well. you gonn say them birts aint shit as well?

they did better than 75-80% of the Brits...can we say they did universally better than even the top 15% of the Brits? I doubt -------IQ is a Gaussian distribution...which means its a bell curve..you can very accurately predict how much a person would earn relative to his society if you know where he falls on the curve, provided he has good conscientiousness

Indians are extremely high on conscientiousness which makes up for 50% of the IQ deficit they may have compared to any other race...this is outside India though, where Indians are forced to compete....The ones who remain in India , do either due to inability and laziness or due to nationalism...others feel making a lot of money outside and sending it back to India is a good demonstration of their nationalism

IQ is like height , while conscientiousness,education,long hours is like your muscle building and your fighting training

A short height but trained fighter can beat up a tall,heavier guy

but a short,lightweight trained fighter would be just murdered by a tall,heavyweight trained fighter

This is why we have weight classes in Boxing and MMA..else there would be too many lopsided fights and too many deaths in the ring and the cage

if you are Low IQ you can still beat a lazier high IQ guy through sheer hardwork and discipline and no entertainment

If you are Low IQ and hardworking even then you cannot beat a guy who is High IQ and hardworking

@SOUTHie Thanks for the heads up Man

Back
Top Bottom