What's new

India bans 3,500 yr old Tamil cultural sports

Did the people just read 2 paragraphs of the source and stop reading further?
Why is everyone pretending as if the ban is because of animal rights?
The reason for ban was the death and injuries of humans during the event. The judge merely suggested animal rights to be considered too.

more people die from road accidents in India - 2013 statistics
As many as 1,39,091 persons lost their lives in 4,40,042 road accidents in the country last year.

Tamil Nadu tops in road accident deaths - The Hindu
vs
One dead, 67 injured in Tamil Nadu during Jallikattu events | NDTV.com

Last edited:
Ban is justified. We know how people treat the animals in India. But one can go to the court and challenge the ban though.

Do you have any idea?
No one is killing them during jallikattu dumbo

talking to them is akin to speaking to the walls, no difference to the British who in the1800s banned TN temple dancing as vulgar / immoral and Chola martial art as violent, their country their rule, Tamils can go f*%k themselves ......

Jallikattu bulls for sale - The Times of India

After the court banned Jallikattu, Bulls are sold for meat. It's time for the ba$tards to cheer, now what these a$$ h@les who asked for the ban are going to do??

This is what Political Correctness brings....bcs of its not fashionable to face the the bitter truth.

So what is your point???? Ban Automobiles from Roads of TN????

People die in all types of sports. On an average more people die watching or taking part in mainstream sports than jellikettu.

They should not ban jallikattu,it is an awesome sport.

I wonder where are the DK/DMK Rational people of TN,they talk of rationality a lot.

i wonder where are they hiding.

It looks cruel to be honest.

But the remedies of review petition and subsequently a curative petition are available to the Tamils aggrieved by this order.

It looks cruel to be honest.

But the remedies of review petition and subsequently a curative petition are available to the Tamils aggrieved by this order.

These bulls are used only during pongal festival, just for a day and people used to spend around Rs:500/day for food and maintenance of the bull. These bulls will not involve in any work for the whole year except that one jallikattu day for 10 mins. As per the rule of jallikattu only one guy should engage a bull at a time, and no bull will be killed like spanish bull fight.

Indians are using bulls for a long time in agriculture, for pulling heavy loads each and every single day..... Now tell me, which one is more cruel?? hard work for a complete year or only 10 mins in a year for jallikattu??

These bulls are used only during pongal festival, just for a day and people used to spend around Rs:500/day for food and maintenance of the bull. These bulls will not involve in any work for the whole year except that one jallikattu day for 10 mins. As per the rule of jallikattu only one guy should engage a bull at a time, and no bull will be killed like spanish bull fight.

Indians are using bulls for a long time in agriculture, for pulling heavy loads each and every single day..... Now tell me, which one is more cruel?? hard work for a complete year or only 10 mins in a year for jallikattu??
is jallikettu limited to madurai??
i am living near hosur...but haven't seen that yet...

Nope.... it's famous in the surroundings of Madurai, dindugal, Sivagangai, you can say in the districts surrounding Madurai.

They should bring back the rule that only Men who win in Jallikettu are allowed to marry, or have it as a coming of age ritual :P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom