What's new

India, Bangladesh to produce mega film on 1971 War of Liberation

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
India, Bangladesh to produce mega film on 1971 War of Liberation

India, Bangladesh to produce mega film on 1971 War of Liberation - The Times of India

TNN | Apr 12, 2013, 04.26 AM IST

NEW DELHI: A mega film on the historic Bangladesh War of Liberation, honours for the deceased Indian soldiers and possible waiver of the ban on theatrical release of Indian films are some of the proposals that will be examined by India and Bangladesh in the coming months.

India and Bangladesh on Thursday agreed to work on a proposal for jointly producing a mega film depicting Bangladesh's struggle for independence which will also highlight the sacrifices made by Indian soldiers.

In a statement the government said that information and broadcasting minister Manish Tewari and his Bangladeshi counterpart Hasanul Haq Inu had extensive discussions in which both agreed to consider a collaboration for production of a mega film depicting the War of Liberation.

"In this context, it was agreed to work towards a roadmap to finalize the proposal shortly. In this context, the Information Minister of Bangladesh also requested that the government of India could consider providing the names of the soldiers who had laid down their lives during the War of Liberation," a statement released here said.

The visiting minister also reiterated that they would like to recognize their contribution made during this historical event. About 8,000 Indian soldiers were killed in the war.

The Indian side also brought up the archaic law that bans theatrical release of Indian films in Bangladesh. Officials said that the Bangladeshi minister assured India that the law will be reviewed.

The ministers also agreed to explore the possibility of setting up of a joint working group on the critical sectors. The Bangladeshi minister also requested Tewari to facilitate the down linking of Bangladeshi TV channels through the private distribution network.

Both ministers also agreed to intensify collaboration between Prasar Bharati and Bangladesh State Television in view of the memorandum of understanding (MoU) signed between the two entities in 2011, the statement said.

The MoU had focused on mutual cooperation in the broadcast of television programmes between the two broadcasters, it added. Both countries may also consider exchange of programmes and also explore the possibility of executive TV co-production. Both ministers also agreed to facilitate the exchange of archival material.

cross posted:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/central-south-asia/245311-mega-film-1971-war-planned-4.html#post4149853

India and Awami League making a 1971 war movie will not help clear any of the propaganda, instead it will be continuation of the propaganda. The full truth about 1971 has not been established, both sides that fought the war engaged in propaganda and its still on going.

What I would like to see instead is a UN sponsored investigation with cooperation from 3 countries to uncover as much details of this war as possible so history can be set straight. Only then, after the facts have been sufficiently established, can there be any reasonably good movie made based on facts.

Historical movies based on facts can be good for historical education for all people, but movies based on propaganda and unsubstantiated facts are useless and its only use can be political propaganda by India and Awami League.

Have you seen the movie WAG THE DOG?watch it .you will understand the power of mass media and how ppls mind work if they wants to portray something's that's not even there.

Good news for BD film industry. They can learn of the new techniques of Indian movies.
Good news for BD history. As it can be a document of history. This can be a good reply for those whom are trying
to spread propaganda of the history.

BTW I was hearing for last five years a BD producer will make a movie on sheikh mujib where Amitabh Bachan will
act. But nothing happaned on that.

I would love to see a good documentary on it featuring the Pakistani, Indian and Bengali perspective on the events but alas I think the film would be biased.

Yes Sir, We are having Screen Tests for the Role of some Mukti Bahinis for the film, I think you will be fit for the role.

My dream character----- in my childhood, i wanted to be a mukti.....

@Armstrong, how about a movie on 1965,1967 war hero like Saiful Azam Financed by Arabs sheikhs ............???

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom