What's new

India, Bangladesh 12-day joint military drill SAMPRITI-X culminates

1655566295333.png

Jashore [Bangladesh], June 16 (ANI): As part of the ongoing Indo-Bangladesh defence cooperation, the 10th edition of the joint military exercise -- SAMPRITI X -- between the Indian Army and the Bangladeshi Army culminated after a validation exercise at Jashore Military Station, Bangladesh.
The 12-day joint exercise resulted in a better understanding and enhancing interoperability between both Armies, informed the Additional Directorate General of Public Information in a tweet.

Exercise SAMPRITI is an important bilateral defence cooperation endeavour between India and Bangladesh which is hosted alternately by both countries. The exercise was conducted from June 5 to June 16, 2022.

1655566315436.png

This exercise is an important bilateral defence cooperation endeavour conducted alternately by both countries and aims to strengthen and widen the aspects of interoperability and cooperation between both armies.
The aim of the exercise is to strengthen interoperability between the two armies and to understand each other's tactical drills and operational techniques. The Indian contingent of company strength was represented by a Battalion of the DOGRA Regiment and the contingent departed by road for the exercise location on June 4, 2022.
1655566340939.png

During the joint military exercise Ex SAMPRITI-X, armies of both the Nations shared expertise in multiple simulated scenarios of Counter-Terrorism, Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief and UN Peacekeeping Force under UN mandate.
The exercise schedule was progressively planned in such a manner that the participants initially got familiar with each other's organisational structure and tactical drills.
As the exercise progressed, joint tactical exercises were conducted wherein the joint battle drills of both contingents were practised. The exercise culminated with a final validation exercise in which troops of both armies jointly practised a Counter-Terrorism Operation in a simulated environment.

1655566365115.png

In addition to sharing best practices and understanding each other at the tactical level, this exercise served as an opportunity for greater cultural understanding to strengthen trust and cooperation between the armies of both nations.
The exercise will benefit both armies by gaining from each other's vast experience which will further contribute to peace and stability in the region. (ANI)
https://www.aninews.in/news/world/a...ry-drill-sampriti-x-culminates20220616184536/

Ofcourse we don't even want to be your allies.
Just don't do anything which goes against our interests

You are an idiot, sorry to say
But you have no shatrubodh ( understanding of friend and foe )
Pakistan and east Pakistan cannot be your friends, how much you try .
Bangladesh is not our friend, Nepal is not our friend, Sri Lanka is not our friend, one primary reason is this level of arrogance and ignorance that is being shown in your post.

Bangladesh is not our friend, Nepal is not our friend, Sri Lanka is not our friend, one primary reason is this level of arrogance and ignorance that is being shown in your post.
Heheheee , india had fair share of its teddy bear prime minister's like ik gujral and manmohan Singh.
What they can do realistically to harm us ?

Dude! That was an analogy to show that Bangladeshi soldiers are unwilling participants.
I believe whatever politics goes on at the top or between internet warriors, professional soldiers always have a sense of respect for each other. You somehow saw through their "unwillingness" under their masks?

Heheheee , india had fair share of its teddy bear prime minister's like ik gujral and manmohan Singh.
What they can do realistically to harm us ?

Where are you from in India? I bet an ignorant fool like you haven't read much about the insurgency in North East in its peak in the 90s and early 2000s.

Where are you from in India? I bet an ignorant fool like you haven't read much about the insurgency in North East in its peak in the 90s and early 2000s.
I know i know, Bangladesh has done a lot to curb insurgency in North east ,
As far as my knowledge goes
First insurgency in North east started was naxal movement in 1964, after than you have naga insurgency, then insurgency my meiteis
They went to china to get arms etc via nefa , as our arunachal is bordered by they xizang region and further in Chinese province of yunnan.
So east pakistan played a major role .
And you fear Bangladesh can do the same if we needle them too much?
Am I correct?
Or you fear that naxals will establish their link from Nepal till Andhra in india?

Bro, you seem to have matured quite a lot over the last 10 years or so. You seem to see the bigger picture unlike many other Indian members here (past and present). Much appreciated.

I recall you used to be quite hostile towards BD and even were a mod in one of the right wing Indian forums.

What changed?

Our military men cannot ignore the daily humiliation we suffer and the almost target practice like shooting at out citizens on the border.
That's the least of the reasons to not like India. Those cross the border illegally deserve to get shot. We need to stop being cowards and start dropping Indian tresspassers.

India's main faults are:
  1. not sharing water fairly
  2. demonsing Bangladesh all the time as some fanatical land
  3. blatantly false accusations of illegal migration
  4. propagating exagerrated propaganda about Hindu pesecution in BD
  5. trying to push Indian Bengalis into Bangladesh,
  6. not doing much to open up the Indian market to Bangladeshi products.
  7. General miserly attitude (e.g.- not paying BSCCL its dues)

Bangladesh bends over backwards to be friendly to India.
It is Indian hostility, as detailed above, which does not let us trust India but only makes us see you as a threat instead.

Last edited:
Bro, you seem to have matured quite a lot over the last 10 years or so. You seem to see the bigger picture unlike many other Indian members here (past and present). Much appreciated.

I recall you used to be quite hostile towards BD and even were a mod in one of the right wing Indian forums.

What changed?
Dada, amar Baba Dhaka theke, Maa Narayanganj theke.

I was never hostile towards Bangladesh, just some harmless banters to piss off some Bangladeshi nationalists with thin skin.

What is the point of this?

BD and India are close for economic reasons mainly and what use will this joint military training serve?

India and BD will never fight anyone(China or Pakistan) together as BD will stay strictly neutral in any war that India gets involved in.

I suppose it is just Hasina stroking India's ego for not much effort.

Nothing wrong in having exercise with China but conducting it so close to Siliguri would give out the wrong impression don't you think? Bangladesh in it's neutrality wouldn't want that
I did not mean any harm. I think that location would be the most convenient for PLA delegation to come from Chumbi valley. As you know, Chinese built many airport and airstrip in Tibet. They can take a short flight from nearest airport and can land in Saidpur airport in Bangladesh which is close to Tetulia. If India have any objection of Chinese military transport aircraft to enter into Indian airspace, a civilian aircraft can be used. I just thought about short flight and saving time, money and fuel, nothing else. So, don't take it in any other way.

What is the point of this?

BD and India are close for economic reasons mainly and what use will this joint military training serve?

India and BD will never fight anyone(China or Pakistan) together as BD will stay strictly neutral in any war that India gets involved in.

I suppose it is just Hasina stroking India's ego for not much effort.

Balancing act from foreign relations perspective.

The exercise is focused on counter terrorism, humanitarian missions and UN missions. Relatively harmless and there are benefits to having such training with a foreign military to learn their approach.

However, such mingling can lead to confidential information disclosure and worse yet, RAW getting to turn some BA officers. To note, these are our elite soldiers and officers. We definitely don't want a "Manchurian Candidate" to rise up the ladder and do their bidding from a position of power in future.

That's why I am never in favor of this kind of interaction with India. We can do trade and have friendly relationship and cultural exchanges and the lot, but never this.

There's only one realistic source of existential threat to Bangladesh, specifically to Bangladeshi Muslims - that is India. I don't need to reiterate the reasons for that.

If you think our military brass can be bought by India during a pointless paint gun session…..

We have bigger problems…..

Anyway, I don’t share your low opinions of our military men.

Whilst they are not top notch, they are extremely patriotic and professional.

When it comes to risk mitigation, one needs to approach with professional skepticism. Being positive and blindly loyal to the integrity of officers and soldiers are all fine and dandy, until you get hit by a reality check. I sincerely hope DGFI's counter-intelligence team are not as careless when it comes to covert threats like this. No one is infallible.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to my "low" opinion.

You are an idiot, sorry to say
But you have no shatrubodh ( understanding of friend and foe )
Pakistan and east Pakistan cannot be your friends, how much you try .
"don't do anything which goes against our interests", F your interests, we'll do what's in our interests. Just like what your nation does.

Doubt that a Russian rifle would get standardised due to supply chain concerns. Only 4000 units are being procured for now. I believe most of these would go to the Paracommando brigade who need to get rid of their Type 56 "SMGs" (Chinese Ak-47s) .
From what i hear, a larger batch is going to be produced in BD.

Back
Top Bottom