What's new

India and UNSC permanent seat

And then... India tried to screw with China in the South China sea.

Hahaha... game over for your UNSC bid. :lol:
Mr. History,Your country which got UNSC seat with the help of your sole superpower daddy US assistance...We want it after getting 4th powerful military and growing economy.
So our bid becomes even stronger..I m still not sure about 2012 but by 2020-22 it'll be possible.

Mr. History,Your country which got UNSC seat with the help of your sole superpower daddy US assistance...We want it after getting 4th powerful military and growing economy.
So our bid becomes even stronger..I m still not sure about 2012 but by 2020-22 it'll be possible.

In order to amend the UN charter and allow new permanent members, you must get unanimous approval from ALL of the P5 nations. As well as a supermajority in the general assembly.

So if even one of the P5 members does not support it (i.e. abstains), then it will not pass.

Charter of the United Nations: Chapter XVIII: Amendments

I guess India should have thought of that, before trying to mess with China in the South China sea. :lol:

I swear it, if I were a mod, I would immediately ban anyone opening any article that mentions Indian and UNSC in it.

In order to amend the UN charter and allow new permanent members, you must get unanimous approval from ALL of the P5 nations. As well as a supermajority in the general assembly.

So if even one of the P5 members does not support it (i.e. abstains), then it will not pass.

I guess India should have thought of that, before trying to mess with China in the South China sea. :lol:
Good point sir,the same you also need to think about ,exporting your precious and very costly manufactured goods to india.Cmon man just think about your export growth,it's declining very rapidly...:guns:

Give it or not, we are progressing and we are addressing our internal issues of poverty and health care, as far as Militry is considered, we are already one of the leading armed forces. Even in the near future if we turn down our demand for a UNSC seat, you people (the furious five) will ask us to join your council of Masters by 2020.

Indians, please stop begging. Have some pride in your country. UNSC permanent seat was given to 5 victors of WW2. There is absolutely no reason for UN to extend that courtesy to India.

I swear it, if I were a mod, I would immediately ban anyone opening any article that mentions Indian and UNSC in it.

And you are not a mod so just calm down, don't read the article that mentions India and UNSC.

Good point sir,the same you also need to think about ,exporting your precious and very costly manufactured goods to india.Cmon man just think about your export growth,it's declining very rapidly...

China is still growing at 9.5%, with a much larger base economy. :lol:

Whereas India is slowing down to 6.5% growth...

India’s economy is likely to grow at 6.5% by mid-2012 from a growth of 7.8% year on year (YoY) in the first half of 2011, predicts Moody’s Analytics, a division of the global rating agency Moody’s. The agency is calling the engineering of a monetary policy led slowdown to fight inflation as a ‘failure’.

Inflation has been identified as the main problem with the wholesale price index registering a 9.7% annual growth in September 2011.

India slowing down sharply: Moody

Indians, please stop begging. Have some pride in your country. UNSC permanent seat was given to 5 victors of WW2. There is absolutely no reason for UN to extend that courtesy to India.

who is begging??chinese and indian interest collides in very near future and chinese knows this and indians too..

who is begging??chinese and indian interest collides in very near future and chinese knows this and indians too..

China is not asking India to whine about UNSC seat. UNSC seat has no real power, temporary or permanent. Weak countries get bullied by strong ones, UN opinion be damned. Now you have to decide whether yours is a sissy country or a strong one. If you think it is strong, you have already rendered UNSC impotent. Or Indians just want to feel what it is like to Veto? Trust me, it ain't nothing special.

China is not asking India to whine about UNSC seat. UNSC seat has no real power, temporary or permanent. Weak countries get bullied by strong ones, UN opinion be damned. Now you have to decide whether yours is a sissy country or a strong one. If you think it is strong, you have already rendered UNSC impotent. Or Indians just want to feel what it is like to Veto? Trust me, it ain't nothing special.

Wel Said Bravo, I concour with you. I tried to tell the other Indian members indirectly with my earlier post, but you have been straight with your message

and you think india is stupid to believe on any one of the 5??:no:
you just need an ally who can veto in your favor,example is america for israel

Indians, please stop begging. Have some pride in your country. UNSC permanent seat was given to 5 victors of WW2. There is absolutely no reason for UN to extend that courtesy to India

India was among the first (and very few) countries to recognize the PRC in 50ties and had been instrumental to get UN seat for PRC..I dont remember where exactly I read it..but if u google it u will find the proof..

and you think india is stupid to believe on any one of the 5??:no:
you just need an ally who can veto in your favor,example is america for israel

See this is the problem. India still thinks it needs a big brother all the while dreaming about being world power. What nation in world do you think could possibly enforce any resolution on India? Veto is a negative power. No, you don't big brother in UNSC. It doesn't matter. Look at the example of America. It is a tool for propaganda. India can ill afford any such adventure.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

India was among the first (and very few) countries to recognize the PRC in 50ties and had been instrumental to get UN seat for PRC..I dont remember where exactly I read it..but if u google it u will find the proof..

Another pointless story, even if it is true. PRC simply replaced RoC, another China.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom