What's new

India and Pakistan are united by language and history, divided by commerce

How much cheaper it can be ? any idea.

If you have read the article it says they are sold 25% over the MRP.
Other than that your own guesses ..consider

Shipping costs from India to Dubai.
Handling charges for Dubai traders.
Shipping costs from Dubai to Pakistan.
And if the products are being smuggled via Afghanistan...then tax to your govt too.

secondly if a country violates singed deals for which they are already paid is not at all an ideal situation and not acceptable according to trade rules/.

Payments are made on delivery of products and not before that..Agreement signed before is known as letter of Intent ..both buyer and the seller can cancel the order depending on the circumstances.

Yeah, but in terms of the majority of imports india cannot compete, even in your large cities in india, if you go to the shops - a high proportion of the goods will be from China, that is why their is a huge trade deficit you have with them.

Everyone has a trade deficit with China, that's their niche: mass-production. India can compete for a market in other areas. Hell, maybe even in the service sector, you never know.

what quality goods you can offer us?

Considering you already buy $3 billion worth of Indian goods via Dubai..you tell us...what Indian goods are sold in Pakistan?

For how long? 3?5?10 years?

Once Chinese labour becomes expensive with their increasing per capita income and IF India sets right its manufacturing industry and infrastructure, only India will be left with such a vast number of cheap, skilled and unskilled labour.

And don't talk about quality.

Yeah but China has hundreds of millions of migrant workers, who are so hard working and skilled, they can outwork or out price anyone in the world, and as their population is huge, it will be decades before their economy slows down, you do know they are single handedly a huge proportion of world trade, and we also have to take Germany into account, even though they are a developed economy, they are still the worlds second largest exporter.

Everyone has a trade deficit with China, that's their niche: mass-production. India can compete for a market in other areas. Hell, maybe even in the service sector, you never know.

Not to mention Indian Steel and Automobile products which compete with the best in the world.

Yeah, but in terms of the majority of imports india cannot compete, even in your large cities in india, if you go to the shops - a high proportion of the goods will be from China, that is why their is a huge trade deficit you have with them.

It does not matter since products you are buying are not what China can offer atleast not at the same price..or why would you buy the product at price higher than the MRP..if it was already available in Pakistan at cheaper rates.

Yeah but China has hundreds of millions of migrant workers

So does India

, who are so hard working and skilled,

so does India

they can outwork or out price anyone in the world,

so can Indians

and as their population is huge,

so is India's. In fact, India's population is far younger than China's. China's population is aging and aging fast. Very fast. India on the other hand one of the youngest population in the world.

it will be decades before their economy slows down,

How does that matter? We are not talking of the slowdown of Chinese economy. We're talking of Indian products competing with Chinese products.

you do know they are single handedly a huge proportion of world trade, and we also have to take Germany into account, even though they are a developed economy, they are still the worlds second largest exporter.

Again, we're talking of Indian products competing with Chinese products.

Not to mention Indian Steel and Automobile products which compete with the best in the world.

Exactly! Automobiles is an area which I think India is quite good in. And let's not forget the Mahindra tractor which I heard was the most sold in the world (Don't ask me for a source, I don't have it). Also I didn't want to mention it but Bollywood is another one.

Not entirely.

Japan, South Korea and Taiwan for example... all have trade surpluses with China.

But yes, overall, we are a trade surplus nation.

Exactly! Automobiles is an area which I think India is quite good in. And let's not forget the Mahindra tractor which I heard was the most sold in the world (Don't ask me for a source, I don't have it). Also I didn't want to mention it but Bollywood is another one.

Add alternative energy sources like wind power, solar power, education etc.

It does not matter since products you are buying are not what China can offer atleast not at the same price..or why would you buy the product at price higher than the MRP..if it was already available in Pakistan at cheaper rates.

That also suggest that india's exports are limited by their products - and have reached their nadir. Also india is no where to be seen in our top 10 trading partners.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom