What's new

India and Japan: new allies in Asia?

i think we should not use word "ally"

because india only seeks her interest!!!!

Prepare for position of a superpower in the future no far, India needs more boldly in enhancing their role in Asia and the World. :azn:

India deserves become a veto-wielding permanent member in the United Nations Security Council. :tup:

They want to achieve that, need to have strong allies. Japan is a choice reasonably for both parties. :cheers:

I really love this expression major non-Nato ally!!! It means many things, depending whom its inflicted upon! :azn:

Now about Indo-Japanese co-operation. Its really a given, since its mainly predicated on economic considerations. The strategic considerations just happen to dove-tail in to the economic considerations. Big Japanese investments will make their way into India, esp in the manufacturing sector. We have to wait for the screen-play to play out yet.

They are the most advanced nation in the world (civilian). Can learn a lot from them.

They are the most advanced nation in the world (civilian). Can learn a lot from them.

Having worked with (and for) the Japanese, I'd agree with that. But its going to be strictly business, with both sides bringing something to the table. The Japanese will bring investment and know-how while the Indians will provide the manpower and set up the infrastructure. The Japanese are finding a certain level of "investment comfort" in India along with culture tolerance. They will put that to work.

that reminds me of the old Axis Germany/Japan/Italy. So, who is the new Germany and Italy? India = Germany and Vietnam = Italy? :blink:

Götterdämmerung;2460509 said:
that reminds me of the old Axis Germany/Japan/Italy. So, who is the new Germany and Italy? India = Germany and Vietnam = Italy? :blink:

The Axis is dead and long evaporated. Unless somebody want to revive that in their Wolkenkuckucksheim.
After all even Baron von Munchhausen can be reborn! :)

Having worked with (and for) the Japanese, I'd agree with that. But its going to be strictly business, with both sides bringing something to the table. The Japanese will bring investment and know-how while the Indians will provide the manpower and set up the infrastructure. The Japanese are finding a certain level of "investment comfort" in India along with culture tolerance. They will put that to work.

I've lived in Japan for two years as a kid. Very fond memories from there. Some of the civilian technology they had in the mid-90s was the technology we are using today :rofl:

lolwut?

a more apt comparo would be to china/North korea/Pakistan, all with their sense of racial superiority over fellow asians.

i think its a mutually beneficial friendship . something we both need to counter certain "forces":)

i personally do not see this as an anti-china alliance.
it is purely economic driven, we've had good results in the past and it only makes sense to further our cooperation with Japan.

The big, aggresive and arrogant china forcing neighbour countries to become friends first and allies too...
India, vietnam, japan and S korea...

India has been kicked out the BRICS and replaced by Indonesia then you choose a loser ally?:eek:

India has been kicked out the BRICS and replaced by Indonesia then you choose a loser ally?:eek:
^tell that to uncle wen, apparently he is desperate for a currency swap deal with this "loser"

debate with a cool head, and try to ignore obvious troll baits.

Back
Top Bottom