What's new

India abandons UN Security Council seat ambitions

India is not even a top 5 economy in the world. Don't give me the PPP BS. A dollar is a dollar anywhere it goes

It is not a seat in IMF dear, or World Bank, it is United Nations. Oh Snap... just like China was Top 5 economy in the 70s, 80s and 90s... GENIUS!!!

How is that a neutral source? Or did you think this was the official bbc website ? BBC - Homepage

This website is owned by a Pakistani probably one of those cheesy sites by I&B ministry

Details:
Domain Name:latestbbcnews.com
Record last updated at 2011-05-25 16:08:36
Record created on 2011/3/31
Record expired on 2012/3/31

Technical Contactor:
name:(Rabeeb Ahmad)
Email:(rabeebahmad12@hotmail.com) tel-- 00923454950637
n/a
House No 3 Street No 17 Wasan Pura Lahore Pakistan
\r
t Lahore
Punjab,
PK

Other than Pakistani news sites and fake sites like latestbbcnews, no one else is reporting this.

only last week Netherlands announced that it too supports permanent UNSC seat for India.
http://articles.economictimes.india...ership-india-for-permanent-unsc-economic-ties

Mods please close the thread as the news was printed only in pak media, for pakistanis by pakistanis. After searching for hours and hours, there is no official news from GOP or GOI or US or UN. So plese do the needful. thanks

The current P5 in the UNSC were included because of their relevance at the end of WWII. The world has changed alot in the 65 years that have passed since. I think a new order is needed to represent the new geopolitical landscape. My composition for P5 in 2030 would be:

- United States
- European Union (I don't think individually France or Britain will have the economic/military power to warrant their separate seats)
- Russia
- India
- Brazil

The current P5 in the UNSC were included because of their relevance at the end of WWII. The world has changed alot in the 65 years that have passed since. I think a new order is needed to represent the new geopolitical landscape. My composition for P5 in 2030 would be:

- United States
- European Union (I don't think individually France or Britain will have the economic/military power to warrant their separate seats)
- Russia
- India
- Brazil

I would just like to add that Indonesia would also be a very strong contender for 2 reasons:

1. Massive population and probably 2nd world economy by then.

2. Also we would need a country to represent the Muslims in the world and most Muslim countries could line up behind it for a permanent seat as it would be the most populous and richest(in terms of overall GDP) Muslim country.

Edit - I think you also meant to include China as well.

- United States
- Russia
- India
- Brazil

Dude...............China...u purposely missed it?

Back
Top Bottom