What's new

Increasing tensions in the Aegean

Agha Sher

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
Yesterday Turkey declared its intention to conduct seismic studies with Oruc Reis in an area which Greece considers it's national waters.

Today the semi-official Turkish military channel "Clash Report" started to question the continued validity of the Lausanne Treaty, given Greece's militarization of several islands in the Aegean.

Turkey's security council meeting, chaired by President Erdogan, will convene at 3 pm today.

Let's discuss the developments in the Aegean in this thread.

This is a video about Turkey's current situation and the fronts.

Sometimes I wonder if the current government, like the previous ones, is only part of a big Zionist plan. As if it had been planned for over 15 years to suggest that we become independent, to plunge ourselves into such a great war that we lose a lot of sovereignty, or if not that, then lose so much strength, that turkey could no longer oppose certain Zionist plans ... sometimes it feels like that ... God protect us all, god give our nation, our people, OUR MILITARY strength and stand by them!

If Turkey dont declare as a nuclear power then all would be in vain. At least Turkey should behave like Israel of not admitting or denying nukes but give signs of nukes. That way enemies behaviours will change

It is horrifying because I’ve known before RTE came that some people I know spoke of his istanbul mentality. I think they meant his “yaparim, ederim, kirarim” mentality. After 2010 and then 15.july 2016 he has become even worse. I hope his own political background knows how to stop him. Which I doubt since davutoglu and babacan left. I wonder why abdullah gül stayed... damage control ?

Cok üzücü, biraz metevahir davransaydi, herseye rest cekmek bizi dogru olmasina ragmen yanliz birakti.

Honestly both sides have done some provocating, but when it comes to Turkey's south coast Greece has lost its damn mind by claiming 40.000 km2 as their own EEZ, because they have 1 10km2 island 2km of the coast of Turkey. Turkey's reaction is still within bounds.

The Islands Sea is home to 3 thousand various size islands and of rocks. International agreements accept 23 of the islands as only in un-militarized status.

However, Greece is opening to debate of the transfer conditions of these islands by arming 16 of them. These islands were conditionally passed to Greece. If Greece does not comply with legal requirements, Turkey's respond right in necessery time and necessary situation is reserved.

While Greece violating the liabilities given in accordance with international treaties, It is also eleminating the sovereignty transfer conditions of the islands.

Despite these moves of Greece, Turkey refrains from saving single-sided and insists to solve the problem through diplomatic and legal means. Since the 90s, this effort has not been responded. It's inevitable that if this continue Turkey's patience will run out. Greece passes through a historical threshold. However, the biggest mistake in this process; the idea that if a military conflict turns into a war, they will be supported by the West. Most of Grek people turns their back on the experiences of Greece.

Having so many fronts and potential fronts is a problem. But perhaps the eez near meis is best exploited now. Let’s see what’ll happen.

All is parts of the same problem. You can also see this by doing analysis about regional deals of countries and cooperation seeks.

EdhHGwoXsAAYj-0

If Turkey dont declare as a nuclear power then all would be in vain. At least Turkey should behave like Israel of not admitting or denying nukes but give signs of nukes. That way enemies behaviours will change

Absolutely, with this many enemies, hostile and rogue states around Turkey nuclear weapons becomes a must. Turkey needs to secure its survival by having nukes and a striking capability which covers the entirety of earth.

Absolutely, with this many enemies, hostile and rogue states around Turkey nuclear weapons becomes a must. Turkey needs to secure its survival by having nukes and a striking capability which covers the entirety of earth.

If turkey had nuclear weapons, it would be equivalent to an open declaration of war by the west - unlike Iran, they are literally waiting to be invited - our alleged allies

If the hostile sentiment towards turkey increases, France will sell the Greek the ships they want on principle, just to harm turkey

France doesn't "doesn't want to sell the warships to Greece" as the above is claiming,the French and the Greeks couldn't actually agree on financial terms of the contract..... the price first and then the financing clauses and conditions.... unofficially,the US are also putting pressures on Greece to buy US warships instead....

Back
Top Bottom