What's new

In Japan, a old man burn himself for against Abe's collective self-defence policy

Looks like his suffering is in vain.

Justin McCurry in Tokyo, theguardian.com, Monday 30 June 2014 08.26 BST
Japanese-people-ptotest-a-004.jpg

Protesters outside the Japanese prime minister's official residence in Tokyo. Photograph: Shizuo Kambayashi/AP

On a ligther note, this woman's pose reminds me of Ultraman, is Ultraman still going strong in Japan?

Looks like his suffering is in vain.

Japan PM to overturn pacifist defence policy | World news | theguardian.com
Postwar constitution bans use of force in international disputes, which Shinzo Abe says inhibits country's ability to protect itself
Justin McCurry in Tokyo, theguardian.com, Monday 30 June 2014 08.26 BST
Japanese-people-ptotest-a-004.jpg

Protesters outside the Japanese prime minister's official residence in Tokyo. Photograph: Shizuo Kambayashi/AP
Japan's prime minister, Shinzo Abe, is to defy public opinion and announce a dramatic shift in the country's defence policy that would make it easier for its troops to fight in overseas conflicts.

So much for the democratic system.

Japanese government has not given ear to the entire Okinawa. It would be naive to believe that some protests will deter them from doing what they believe to be the right path for Japan.

There is no reason to believe that just because it holds elections, Japan is moved by popular will when it comes to perceived national security interests.

Elections mean neither accountability nor responsiveness.

8-b36171e0a2.jpg

The treaty of mutual cooperation and security (1960), which replaced the San Francisco Treaty, passed through the Diet in the face of strong public opposition. That would even be called a civil coup.

There goes another myth of election-worship.

Apparently your compassion for your suffering compatriot is quite limited.

So, you are one of the minority in Japan that is celebrating?

I served in the JMSDF, mate. I'll let you guess where you think my loyalty is.

Not surprising that that moron would easily identify himself with nazis.

First of all, no true Japanese self imolates oneself. Political show , merely.

First of all, no true Japanese self imolates oneself. Political show , merely.

By moron, I was referring to the earlier poster from Europe (allegedly). Just to clarify. :)

I guess, by ideology, I can never wish bad for your country. But at times what we believe what is good for our nations differs. That's the whole point of constructive discussion.

A decade ago, this particular political situation would have been unheard of ; namely the Diet and a Prime Minister proposing a national re-examination, and effectively re-interpreting the Article 9 of the Constitution. Times have changed, and Japan's interests are so expansive that it is important that we seek to impress upon our partners abroad that Japan will not sit idly by alnd allow our strategic interests to be threatened. Japan, as the 3rd largest economy in the world, and as a world power, has a responsibility to the world to ensure there is peace, stability, freedom of navigation, and trade throughout seas.

There are these ultra-right wing nut jobs who believe in isolationism and a closed door policy. It is nonsensical for such ideologies to even exist in this day in age, and especially for a country like Japan whose entire economy is dependent on global trade. Many of these protesters have no idea the efficacious training the JSDF members go through to defend every single inch of Japan, and he dedication of our soldiers. It is easy for them to protest , but in the end, when something that does happen, God Forbid, it will be up to the responsibility of the JSDF to neutralize any hostile forces from our maritime, air, and land domain.

The ashes of the last war is over, and what we are seeing, Ladies and Gents, is the re-awakening of Japan. I believe that Abe is truly fulfilling his oath, and he has promised Japanese people, since he received the Mandate, to amend Article 9 of the Constitution. And to ensure that Japan takes up a more active role in Global Stability.

Please keep your promise, Abe Shinzo.

Not surprising that that moron would easily identify himself with nazis.

You don´t even know what Nazis are. The only NAzi i see is China, trying to opress other nations and all this occupation bullshit.

Japan needs to be able to defend itself.

Japan needs to be able to defend itself.

Correct. And a more robust and comprehensive mutual Defence policy.

Markus, I suggest not in engaging in personal attacks , let's keep things professional , mate.

Ciao,

Correct. And a more robust and comprehensive mutual Defence policy.

Markus, I suggest not in engaging in personal attacks , let's keep things professional , mate.

Ciao,

italian temperament ;)... i get insulted and then explode. ;)

btw in which area of japan do you come from?

italian temperament ;)... i get insulted and then explode. ;)

btw in which area of japan do you come from?

Lol, Italiano temperament eh? Dio Mio! Mama Mia! Lol.

OT: you have no idea how popular Italian soap operas are in Japan, in fact the drama is reiterated in Japanese drama series. :rofl:

OT2: I'm from northern Japan, born and raised in Sapporo, Hokkaido Prefecture. The land of beautiful wheat fields, grazing cattle and sheep, and the native land of our Ainu people. It's the coldest area of Japan; and we are the most beautiful of Japanese , lol. Our skin is as white as goat's milk, and have healthy abundance of body hair (thanks to Ainu blood..lol)

How about you my friend? What part of Italy are you from? Are the people there beautiful ? Do they really kiss as they do in Italian soap operas? Lol:lol::smitten:

Lol, Italiano temperament eh? Dio Mio! Mama Mia! Lol.

OT: you have no idea how popular Italian soap operas are in Japan, in fact the drama is reiterated in Japanese drama series. :rofl:

OT2: I'm from northern Japan, born and raised in Sapporo, Hokkaido Prefecture. The land of beautiful wheat fields, grazing cattle and sheep, and the native land of our Ainu people. It's the coldest area of Japan; and we are the most beautiful of Japanese , lol. Our skin is as white as goat's milk, and have healthy abundance of body hair (thanks to Ainu blood..lol)

How about you my friend? What part of Italy are you from? Are the people there beautiful ? Do they really kiss as they do in Italian soap operas? Lol:lol::smitten:

I'm from Malcesine, thats in northern italy but my family is originaly from Bari. Bari is very much in the south of Italy.

I did not know our soap operas are popular in Japan. Im not that much into that kind of stories. Well for the kissing...we do it pretty intense. ;) We are hot blooded people.

I know a little bit about Hokkaido. I saw the cranes in TV and i saw a story about a maneater bear that killed many people there 100 years ago. I also know those monkeys that swim in hot pools and so on.

Back to topic: The man who burned himself is an isolationist imbecile. If he wanted to burn himself, he should have done so in his basement.

Wow, thats like they always do in Tibet to protest chinese occupation:

Self-Immolation-01.jpg

This picture is taken is Vietnam in a protest against South Vietnamese President Diem during the Vietnam Conflict.

Back
Top Bottom