What's new

In Japan, a old man burn himself for against Abe's collective self-defence policy

Anye one notice his little mustache? :rofl:
The news say a cabinet meeting to re-interpret the Japanese constitution.

I thought interpreting constitution is the job of the judicial branch.

Changing the constitution is the job of the legislative branch. I believe that is the proper route that all democratic countries take.

So now, the executive branch is going to re-interpret the constitution? What the bloody hell is that suppose to mean? :cuckoo:

The executive branch re-interpreting the constitution by bypassing the judicial and legislative branch does look like something that man with little mustache would do.

And probably scarred over the majority of his body. His quality of life from here on out is likely to be awful. It's unfortunate people go to such lengths to be heard, but I suppose it's sometimes necessary.

How is it necessary to be heard by burning oneself up? I found this move even by Tibetans as silly. What's the point of harming yourself and your family?

This man was very immature and suicidal to do something like this, for a move that only makes Japan more assertive in its self-defense, his own country.

How is it necessary to be heard by burning oneself up? I found this move even by Tibetans as silly. What's the point of harming yourself and your family?

This man was very immature and suicidal to do something like this, for a move that only makes Japan more assertive in its self-defense, his own country.

Correct. It would have been more practical for him to commit seppuku in his residence , privately. He would have at least reserved some honor in his name. What he did in his public display was not only shameful, but disgraceful for the entire nation.

Changing the constitution is the job of the legislative branch. I believe that is the proper route that all democratic countries take.

So now, the executive branch is going to re-interpret the constitution? What the bloody hell is that suppose to mean? :cuckoo:

The executive branch re-interpreting the constitution by bypassing the judicial and legislative branch does look like something that man with little mustache would do.

I'm not sure, maybe changing the interpretation of constitution is a little bit different from directly changing the constitution? Anyway, he didn't follow the normal process.

They are re-interpreting it, they are proposing an amendment for Article 9. There is a difference, and as the ruling party, they have the mandate to re-interpret laws. It behooves me why there is so much clamor in this minor legislative process, the premise remains: Japan's Self Defense Forces are to remain defensive, and will only come to the aid of strategic allies in the event that these allies are attacked by a hostile power. We are not proposing first strike initiative, merely reiterating a defensive posture, albeit a bit more broad in calculus.

They are re-interpreting it, they are proposing an amendment for Article 9. There is a difference, and as the ruling party, they have the mandate to re-interpret laws. It behooves me why there is so much clamor in this minor legislative process, the premise remains: Japan's Self Defense Forces are to remain defensive, and will only come to the aid of strategic allies in the event that these allies are attacked by a hostile power. We are not proposing first strike initiative, merely reiterating a defensive posture, albeit a bit more broad in calculus.
Pardon my ignorance, but I have never heard of such a thing.

Pardon my ignorance, but I have never heard of such a thing.

The LDP has been a leading party in the Diet since 1955 and one of their clear message is the following:

Although democracy and liberalism emphasized under the control of the Allied occupation should be respected and upheld as a new principle for Japan, the initial objective of the occupying forces of the Allies was mainly to demoralize the State; therefore, many of the reforms implemented by the forces including those of the Constitution, education and other governmental systems have been unjustly suppressing the notion of the State and patriotism of the people and excessively disuniting the national sovereignty.

Thus, it is without hesitancy, that the Japanese people, who have given the Mandate to the LDP through their many times holding majority in the Diet, support this desire to make necessary amendments so as to ensure Japanese State and Patriotism is not suppressed by vestiges of a bygone era.

Back
Top Bottom