What's new

In Hong Kong, memories of China's Tiananmen Square massacre are being erased

Jackdaws

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Participants take part at the candlelight vigil at Victoria Park on June 4, 2018 in Hong Kong.
Participants take part at the candlelight vigil at Victoria Park on June 4, 2018 in Hong Kong.
By Jessie Yeung, CNN

Updated 0142 GMT (0942 HKT) June 4, 2022

A version of this story appeared in CNN's Meanwhile in China newsletter, a three-times-a-week update exploring what you need to know about the country's rise and how it impacts the world. Sign up here.

Hong Kong (CNN)For decades it was a symbol of freedom on Chinese controlled soil: every June 4, come rain or shine, tens of thousands of people would descend on Victoria Park in Hong Kong to commemorate the victims of the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre.

The atmosphere would be at once defiant and somber. Speakers would demand accountability from the Chinese Communist Party for ordering the bloody military crackdown that cost the lives of hundreds, if not thousands, of unarmed pro-democracy protesters on that fateful day in Beijing.

In memory of the dead, at 8 p.m. every year the park would turn into a sea of candles, held high by people vowing never to forget.
This year, whether those candles light up once again will offer a litmus test for Hong Kong, its freedoms and aspirations, and its relationships to both the rest of China and the world.
Authorities in mainland China have always done their best to erase all memory of the massacre: Censoring news reports, scrubbing all mentions from the internet, arresting and chasing into exile the organizers of the protests, and keeping the relatives of those who died under tight surveillance.

447D8A54-9B5C-42D7-963F-835424522ECD.jpeg

Indians mind of the real massacres of Muslims and minorities that are going on right now every day in your disgusting country instead of you sick deranged people being obsessed with China.

US police murdering of civilian in a single year will be greater than Tiananmen casualties.

The control of citizens by China is centralized.

Meanwhile the control of citizens by US is decentralized. The use of violence of deliberate designed by elites to terrorized the citizens by hiring gangsters and thugs as cops, while the corrupt judge and public prosecutor exonerate all police murder. Then these murderers get discharge from service with either a big pension or some secret donations.

Then US elites will say "oh no, we never sanction the murder"... despite the fact that they have must know within such framework, close to thousands will be killed in a single year.

1654655557177.png

US police murdering of civilian in a single year will be greater than Tiananmen casualties.

The control of citizens by China is centralized.

Meanwhile the control of citizens by US is decentralized. The use of violence of deliberate designed by elites to terrorized the citizens by hiring gangsters and thugs as cops, while the corrupt judge and public prosecutor exonerate all police murder. Then these murderers get discharge from service with either a big pension or some secret donations.

Then US elites will say "oh no, we never sanction the murder"... despite the fact that they have must know within such framework, close to thousands will be killed in a single year.

View attachment 852302

I thought Canada is a peaceful country.

And Australia is shocking!

Correct.
I have seen dozens cctv or videos of police actions from China.. the police there are unnaturally
" tame" . They go out of their way to de-escalate, handling machete and axe wielding unhinged men on the street with ( literally) broomsticks, towels, mops and the like. In the worst instance just 1-2 shots to wound the suspect. Sometimes even the public is seen to spank or push them around.
The Tank man video ( complete version) should be proudly spread by the Chinese themselves.. nowhere else you will see such aversion to force by a military in the middle of an insurrection.
Indian diplomat Vijay Gokhale who was in Beijing during Tiananmen has basically corroborated China's version of the event in his memoirs

By Jessie Yeung, CNN

Updated 0142 GMT (0942 HKT) June 4, 2022

A version of this story appeared in CNN's Meanwhile in China newsletter, a three-times-a-week update exploring what you need to know about the country's rise and how it impacts the world. Sign up here.

Hong Kong (CNN)For decades it was a symbol of freedom on Chinese controlled soil: every June 4, come rain or shine, tens of thousands of people would descend on Victoria Park in Hong Kong to commemorate the victims of the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre.

The atmosphere would be at once defiant and somber. Speakers would demand accountability from the Chinese Communist Party for ordering the bloody military crackdown that cost the lives of hundreds, if not thousands, of unarmed pro-democracy protesters on that fateful day in Beijing.

In memory of the dead, at 8 p.m. every year the park would turn into a sea of candles, held high by people vowing never to forget.
This year, whether those candles light up once again will offer a litmus test for Hong Kong, its freedoms and aspirations, and its relationships to both the rest of China and the world.
Authorities in mainland China have always done their best to erase all memory of the massacre: Censoring news reports, scrubbing all mentions from the internet, arresting and chasing into exile the organizers of the protests, and keeping the relatives of those who died under tight surveillance.

Looks like your thread failed miserably given the amount and type of response reply. LOL...

All Chinese see thru the 4th of Jun scheme. They are no different from Hong Kong 2019 riot instigate by foreign agent trying to destabilize China. If these demonstration are real peaceful, they would have won. But unfortunately, none of them are peaceful. They just meant to destroy and destruct.

Correct.
I have seen dozens cctv or videos of police actions from China.. the police there are unnaturally
" tame" . They go out of their way to de-escalate, handling machete and axe wielding unhinged men on the street with ( literally) broomsticks, towels, mops and the like. In the worst instance just 1-2 shots to wound the suspect. Sometimes even the public is seen to spank or push them around.
The Tank man video ( complete version) should be proudly spread by the Chinese themselves.. nowhere else you will see such aversion to force by a military in the middle of an insurrection.
Indian diplomat Vijay Gokhale who was in Beijing during Tiananmen has basically corroborated China's version of the event in his memoirs
The reason I firmly support the CCP is not because I'm Chinese. It is because, after decades observation, I realized CCP is the one that stands on the moral high ground. I used to be pro west and hate CCP when I was in college. Now I know I was brainwashed by west propaganda and lies. Which is one of reasons that converted me from CCP hater to a CCP supporter. I found CCP never used lies to defame other countries, including US. But US and other western countries are used to lying all the time.

The more you know CCP, the more you will love it. The more you know US, the more you will hate it.

Looks like your thread failed miserably given the amount and type of response reply. LOL...

All Chinese see thru the 4th of Jun scheme. They are no different from Hong Kong 2019 riot instigate by foreign agent trying to destabilize China. If these demonstration are real peaceful, they would have won. But unfortunately, none of them are peaceful. They just meant to destroy and destruct.
The response seems to be only from Communist cheerleaders.

It's so sad what the Chinese CCP did to its citizens at Tiananmen Square.

Back
Top Bottom