What's new

In 1971, America almost fought the Soviets (Russia) over Bangladesh

Your country wouldn't have existed today without the help of those 'cowardice fighters' of Indian army.

Yes and no. Your IA troops could never win the 1971 war unless the Mukti Fouj were with you. In reality, IA supported with big guns from behind the advancing Mukti Fouj with small weapons. When we were killed in thousands, IA troops were killed in tens. Search out the number of IA 1971 deaths from the archives of yours.

Yes and no. Your IA troops could never win the 1971 war unless the Mukti Fouj were with you. In reality, IA supported with big guns from behind the advancing Mukti Fouj with small weapons. When we were killed in thousands, IA troops were killed in tens. Search out the number of IA 1971 deaths from the archives of yours.

East Pakistan was always an easy picking for IA if they wanted, only the west Pakistan had any credible defence, that was one of the many issues that east Pakistani leadership cried about. Most of the battle and losses happened on the western front. Hence no, IA would have defeated east Pakistani military with or without the Multi Bahini anytime during the period of 1947-1971.....and beyond that..

You are the one who continuously bring out conspiracies against BD from your bag. This stupid Lady of yours was such a naive in military matters that she proposed a BSF attack inside BD long before Dec. '71. Her wrong decision was paid with the capture of those BSF troops. PA fondly exhibited them to the western Press to propagate India's involvement with the Freedom Fighters (FF). Find out the truth by yourself because you brag the collection of many confidential materials, you must find the truth by yourself. You are a Father of Archieves.

You are boasting here to fight a war against a combined China, Pakistan and USA. Well said, and yes, you are right. A man should eat Biriyani in dreams instead of a loaf of Sukkha Roti. When India would have been defeated with the two sides of Pakistan were fighting united, you are here to boast about those IA troops, who always run away from the battle fields. India is great in conspiracy but is loaded with cowardice fighters. Shame on India!!

Would you be kind enough to point out when and where these BSF troops were captured? Did such an event ever take place? Did the Indian PM ever over-rule the COAS on the matter of military intervention?

It sounds like a made-up story by a fanboy lacking all knowledge.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

only the west Pakistan had any credible defence, that was one of the many issues that east Pakistani leadership cried about. Most of the battle and losses happened on the western front.

It was all part of a domestic politics. We people can fight with or without west Pakistani military muscles. Even when we were with you, India took how many months, oh I do not really remember, to win the war in 1971? Indians are all bra bra bra, but IA troops' body without protein makes them think to fight against us or current Pakistanis.

It was all part of a domestic politics. We people can fight with or without west Pakistani military muscles. Even when we were with you, India took how many months, oh I do not really remember, to win the war in 1971? Indians are all bra bra bra, but IA troops' body without protein makes them think to fight against us or current Pakistanis.

13 days. 3–16 December 1971

And yes, you people could certainly fight with sticks and stones without west Pakistani military muscles in 1948 or 1965, or without Indian military help in 1971.

Before challenging this assertion, why don't you take the trouble to look up the documentation, much of which has been made public, or the memoirs of soldiers and government servants, which makes this point crystal clear?

http://www.clickittefaq.com/sheikh-mujib-feared-india-could-annex-bangladesh/

The stay of the Indian troops in Bangladesh was indeed unusually long which led the people to become suspicious about India's original intentions in no time. Indira Gandhi is recognized as a radical realist after all.

As far as I know, it was her advisers, popularly known as the "Kashmiri Mafia", who suggested her to withdraw troops from Bangladesh sensing the growing anti-Indian sentiments in the country.

http://www.clickittefaq.com/sheikh-mujib-feared-india-could-annex-bangladesh/

The stay of the Indian troops in Bangladesh was indeed unusually long which led the people to become suspicious about India's original intentions in no time. Indira Gandhi is recognized as an radical realist after all. As far as I know, it was her advisers, popularly known as the "Kashmiri Mafia", who suggested her to withdraw troops from Bangladesh sensing the growing anti-Indian sentiments in the country.

Unusually long? 113 days is unusually long, considering the state of Bangladesh then? Considering that 10 million refugees had to return? Considering that the Biharis were under threat of genocide?

Why on earth would Indian troops have stayed on?

Months? Were you even born then, btw? It was in days, less than a fortnight.

Unusually long? 113 days is unusually long, considering the state of Bangladesh then? Considering that 10 million refugees had to return? Considering that the Biharis were under threat of genocide?

Why on earth would Indian troops have stayed on?

Well, you need to realize the context of that time. First of all, the direct military intervention by India was unequivocally opposed by the Bengali military personnel who fought the war under Mukti Bahini. General Osmani was so outraged that he didn't even attend the surrendering ceremony. In fact, there's a famous quote of General Osmani which he made during a speech in the farewell ceremony of the Indian troops, "Gentlemen, thank you, but we could have done without you..."

The threat of genocide of Biharis is just a propaganda, only some selected razakars were targeted by some Mukti Bahini members that too out of personal enmity. Otherwise, why would the Biharis be spared after the departure of Indian troops?

And if you really think the return of the refugees needed Indian troops to be present in Bangladesh, shouldn't we send Bangladesh Army troops in India for the return of the enclave dwellers?

Why would the troops have stayed on? Well, that's been already answered...

Well, you need to realize the context of that time. First of all, the direct military intervention by India was unequivocally opposed by the Bengali military personnel who fought the war under Mukti Bahini. General Osmani was so outraged that he didn't even attend the surrendering ceremony. In fact, there's a famous quote of General Osmani which he made during a speech in the farewell ceremony of the Indian troops, "Gentlemen, thank you, but we could have done without you..."

Don't listen to all that guff. Recognise anybody in the picture below, @extra terrestrial ?

upload_2016-7-25_22-6-23.png

The threat of genocide of Biharis is just a propaganda, only some selected razakars were targeted by some Mukti Bahini members that too out of personal enmity. Otherwise, why would the Biharis be spared after the departure of Indian troops?

The first few weeks were bad. People settled down quickly after that.

And if you really think the return of the refugees needed Indian troops to be present in Bangladesh, shouldn't we send Bangladesh Army troops in India for the return of the enclave dwellers?

The return of the refugees did not need Indian troops. I was merely pointing out that things were in total turmoil. And what was that silly remark about the return of the enclave dwellers? Never read anything stupider.

Why would the troops have stayed on? Well, that's been already answered...

What I love is the spinning of stories out of thin air, creating mysterious conspiracies where none existed, mysterious mutterings of secrets to be preserved to the grave.

Give it a break.

Cut out the drama.

Don't listen to all that guff. Recognise anybody in the picture below, @extra terrestrial ?

Haha it was all guff? That's really unexpected of you, Joe...

General Osmani posing with Indians, so what? I did say that he was present in the farewell of Indian troops.

The first few weeks were bad. People settled down quickly after that.

Does sectarian hatred settle down so quickly? Especially in the subcontinent?

The return of the refugees did not need Indian troops. I was merely pointing out that things were in total turmoil. And what was that silly remark about the return of the enclave dwellers? Never read anything stupider.

Was going with the flow...

Also, did I mention the massive looting by the Indian troops? According to the report by Kamal Hossain, the loots by Indian troops amounted to at least US$2 billion which was also partly responsible for the terrible food crisis in the country...

Haha it was all guff? That's really unexpected of you, Joe...

General Osmani posing with Indians, so what? I did say that he was present in the farewell of Indian troops.

You know why I showed you that photo of Colonel Osmani, as he then was, posing with 'Indians'? Because of the identities of the Indians.

From left to right, standing, my mother, Prem Nath Luthra, who managed the refugee camps, Mrs. Luthra, Mrs. Arora, Buchi Das, the son's daughter of C. R. Das, Lt. General Jagjit Singh Arora, Col. (later Gen.) M. A. G. Osmani, my father's personal friend from 1944 onwards, Siddhartha Ray, the daughter's son of C. R. Das, Maj. General J. F. R. Jacob, my father.

At that dinner, there was nothing about,'We could have done it without you.' At the best of times, Osmani was laconic; here what he had to say was limited, but it was profusely thankful. So when I read those fanciful stories of what he said about managing alone, I wonder.

You may or may not be aware of the state of the Mukti Bahini by December 1971. Far from being able to conquer the PA, they were fighting with their backs to the wall. Don't kid yourself.

Does sectarian hatred settle down so quickly? Especially in the subcontinent?

No, it doesn't. It was just that the newly liberated administration needed time to take a grip.

Was going with the flow...

Much relieved.

Also, did I mention the massive looting by the Indian troops? According to the report by Kamal Hossain, the loots by Indian troops amounted to at least US$2 billion which was also partly responsible for the terrible food crisis in the country...

Of course. After feeding the refugees for months, we needed to get the food back from the huge stores piled up by the PA.

Were you there? Just asking. Your breezy familiarity makes me ask :D.

I think these boys forgot 1965 and 1947.

I think these boys forgot 1965 and 1947.

No we haven't forgotten the hiding we gave you lot in those 2 as well.

Glad you decided to eventually leave the sham that was 2 wing Pakistan.

Too bad you fondly remember war criminals like the one in your DP.

No we haven't forgotten the hiding we gave you lot in those 2 as well.

Glad you decided to eventually leave the sham that was 2 wing Pakistan.

Too bad you fondly remember war criminals like the one in your DP.

Says the one who peddles lies about sylhet wanting to "break up" haha. Biggest joke of the century. Shows what the Internet teaches you.

Did the Indian PM ever over-rule the COAS on the matter of military intervention?
It sounds like a made-up story by a fanboy lacking all knowledge.

Read the excerpts below and for the source of BSF early involvement you have to read other accounts, specially, by General Manekshaw, I think. I have lost the links because I am not like fanning Indians who keep on filing pages of links to use them afterwards to annihilate their internet adversaries.

"By the end of April 1971, Indira Gandhi asked Indian Army Chief Sam Manekshaw if he was ready to go to war with Pakistan. Manekshaw refused on the basis of some difficulties (including climatic conditions of the monsoon in East Pakistan) and he also offered to resign, an offer which Indira Gandhi declined. He then said he could guarantee victory if she would allow him to prepare for the conflict on his terms, and set a date for it. Indira Gandhi accepted his conditions."

Read to know, it was only the end of April when the brilliant PM of India wanted to attack not knowing time was not ripe. Do not hide from reality and seek the remaining information by yourself.

Back
Top Bottom