What's new

Improvements in Republic day Parade

nik22

Reaction score
Country
India
It was a good display overall. I suggest following changes:
- Don't show same weapons every year. No point in showing same T-90, Brahmos, Pinaka ever year. BTW, Why was Arjun not shown?
- Display latest weapons (preferably indigenous) and model of research projects.
- Stop that so called daredevil (circus) stunts

I think 2 hours duration is OK.

(added later)
- Departments should stop being a$$ lickers. Although I like Modi and what he is doing for India. There were just too many Modi things - Swach bharat, make in India, Nari shakti. It felt like there was an effort to impress Mr Prime Minister.
- Why does not India show things which can inspire Indians, specially those kids? like Thorium reactor model or even a replica of Nuclear Plant, say like kalpakkam.
- A Model of INS Arihant would have been nice. Submarine has gone for Sea Trials
- A dance was included on MOM. That is Good. I would have liked a model better.
- Model of Bigger Indian Rockets like Mk3, manned mission to Moon.

What else? What did India did great since last republic day.
- Perhaps something on Indian National Election. What could be a better display of Democracy?

Last edited:
- Don't show same weapons every year. No point in showing same T-90, Brahmos, Pinaka ever year. BTW, Why was Arjun not shown?
- Display latest weapons (preferably indigenous) and model of research projects.

video needed :coffee:

I like it when they ride 7 stuntmen on a single motorcycle. Its cool!

Few more:
- Departments should stop being a$$ lickers. Although I like Modi and what he is doing for India. There were just too many Modi things - swach bharat, make in India, Nari shakti. It felt like there was an effort to impress Mr Prime Minister.
- Why does not India show things which can inspire Indians, specially those kids? like Thorium reactor model or even a replica of Nuclear Plant, say like kalpakkam.
- A Model of INS Arihant would have been nice. Submarine has gone for Sea Trials

- Perhaps something on Indian National Election. What could be a better display of Democracy?

Few more:
- Departments should stop being a$$ lickers. Although I like Modi and what he is doing for India. There were just too many Modi things - swach bharat, make in India, Nari shakti. It felt like there was an effort to impress Mr Prime Minister.

I agree with you. I think Modi is kind of overrated. He need to do some real things to boost India's economy and other aspects to match all the praise he received from his people. Easy to say, hard to do.

People must look at the parade not from "a foreign dignitary" view. The parade is for indians, a large no of them are illiterate on matters of defence, policy, development done by india etc.

Some things that might seem simplistic or repetitive are needed.

The parade is for Indians.

I agree with you. I think Modi is kind of overrated. He need to do some real things to boost India's economy and other aspects to match all the praise he received from his people. Easy to say, hard to do.
Sorry, I did not mean Modi is overrated.

Modi has created a hope in India. People look up to him. His govt is trying to change things but as you would understand it would take time. Modi and his Govt is the best that we could have got in current situation.

Sorry, I did not mean Modi is overrated.

Modi has created a hope in India. People look up to him. His govt is trying to change things but as you would understand it would take time. Modi and his Govt is the best that we could have got in current situation.
Time will tell. Good luck.

Fewer weapons display and no motorcycle stunts , that's all I want.

Fewer weapons display and no motorcycle stunts , that's all I want.

Better camera coverage...things like spider cam or whatever they call it. Used to cover cricket matches. It will give good view from top. Doordarshan coverage is old style.
Give more time to each tableau. Reduce school kids dance etc.

Better camera coverage...things like spider cam or whatever they call it. Used to cover cricket matches. It will give good view from top. Doordarshan coverage is old style.
Give more time to each tableau. Reduce school kids dance etc.
Agreed! The camera work was abysmal! They missed much of the flypasts and I don't know why they didn't make use of more wide shots, you could see they had the cameras there to do so! The director looked like an amateur.

1) + 2 hours are too long

2.) Strictly separate the military and the rest (including the Police units) Mixing (the more serious) military stuff and all this cultural stuff looks weird and does not fit. The fly past needs to be done immediately after the marching regiments.

3.) More tanks and vehicles.. AFAIK we used more than just 3 tanks per type in the past, so saying that its a problem of space is not an excuse. A column of more than 3 tanks has a menacing effect.

4.) And most importantly: Get rid of those stupid motorcycle stunts!!! They are not worthy for a professional fighting force on such an occasion.

PS: I would love to see more SF units. I missed the Paras this year :( Especially since they "march" in a totally different way.

Back
Top Bottom