What's new

Important : NATO funding for ANSF until 2020

I'll bet money that if NATO ever leaves, Afghanistan will collapse within 2-3 weeks.

Topic is misleading , here is what the article says

At the 2012 NATO Summit in Chicago, Allied donors agreed to fund the Afghan national security forces until 2017. Today’s talks also marked the beginning of efforts to secure international funding for Afghan forces to the end of 2020.

This implies the following:

1. "Untill 2017" means that funding will be available for ANSF during 2016 ( one year , "until 2017" )
2. Talks have started to get funding till 2020.

So for funding is not secured till 2020 , funding is currently secured for one years and talks for getting funding till 2020 have started.

But fear not

Afghans have their large hearted indian friends who can given them millions and billions should other donor countries pull the plug on funding

wont make any difference , the day Allied forces leave Afghanistan , the count down will begin for Taliban to retake Kabul ..

wont make any difference , the day Allied forces leave Afghanistan , the count down will begin for Taliban to retake Kabul ..

I believe something similar was being said about 2014 :)

Once the Talis take over Kabul, do you know where will be there next stop ?

PS :- I think those hoping for a return of Talis fail to understand that Afghanistan is a strategic partner of NATO and US and these forces will stay here for years to come, there is no going back. Afghanistan is a permanent base for these forces and we want them to stay.

Last edited:
I believe something similar was being said about 2014 :)

Once the Talis take over Kabul, do you know where will be there next stop ?

PS :- I think those hoping for a return of Talis fail to understand that Afghanistan is a strategic partner of NATO and US and these forces will stay here for years to come, there is no going back. Afghanistan is a permanent base for these forces and we want them to stay.

people might have predicted the fall of Kabul because US suppose to leave Afghanistan by 2014 :D but they stay ...

and as for their next stop , trust me it wont be Pakistan after what we did with Haqqani and TTP ..

the Afghanistan and its people will never stop resisting the Allied forces , you think they will stop attacking the Allied forces ? its a stupid thing to even think .. and if you think Pakistan will fall by attacks of Taliban than you should disband your entire army and ask them to sit in their homes , and as i said in my last post , until allied forces are in Afghanistan you and your country is safe .. they day they leave , the count down will begin :)

Interesting talk on the future of Afghanistan by Anatolia Leven.

Afghanistan: War without End? | Anatol Lieven:

Back
Top Bottom