What's new

Impact of current IAF

Originally posted by Sid+Feb 23 2006, 04:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sid &#064; Feb 23 2006, 04:04 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Gaining advantage over the IAF has never been PAF&#39;s main objective or atleast that&#39;s what the official line has been. Its all about &#39;minimum deterrence&#39; which means that you have such a force that the enemy thinks twice and thinks hard before attacking because he knows you have the capability to hit back so hard that it will amount to incomprehensible damage and losses for its own forces.[/b]

How do create "incomprehensible damage and losses" with out gaining advantage.PAF stands no chance against IAF,but i am not predicting a USAF Vs IrAF scenario.

Originally posted by Sid@Feb 23 2006, 04:04 AM
In this way, the opposing side shows restraint and war is averted in most cases. Like it happened in 2002 due to our nuclear deterrent (though that wasn&#39;t the only factor stopping the Indians from an all out war).

You are right the main thing thats stopping India from going to war other than the N issue is the booming economy.We wont be able to build something like this again or it will take another 50 or years to do that.
Its basically a classic case where you have something to loose you think twice or thrice.

Even the same for Pakistan,you have a booming economy over there KSE is climbing steadily,why wud any country want to loose those good things.

<!--QuoteBegin-Sid
@Feb 23 2006, 04:04 AM
PAF can surely maintain that deterrence level once it starts receiving Jf-17s and the 76 F-16s (Block 52) while negotiating further for a frontline combat AC. By atleast 2015 all the forces should have what they need but so far most of the work done has been on paper and practicality needs to be applied with hastened efforts.
[post=6111]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

By 2015 PAF will have more than what they have now for sure,and will be better off than the IAf of today,but what abt the IAF of 2015??

Paksitans strength is its army,a good player is one that makes the opponont play the game to his strengths.

if the PAF feels uncomfortable it will raise the issue. and i am certain that PAF is confident of success in its mision goal.

u indian, guess wht, i ponder why u always keep buring in jealousy???

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom