What's new

If Obama doesn’t adopt positive policy, Pakistan will also review it options

Omar1984

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
WASHINGTON: Pakistan Ambassador in US, Hussain Hqqani has said that if Obama administration didn’t adopt positive policy towards Pakistan, then Pakistan would also review its options.

Talking to Geo News, Hussain Huqqani said that former US President, George Bush was more inclined to getting his words accepted than listening to others and believed in use of force. He said that Barack Obama as compared to Bush believed in holding talks and hoped the he (Obama) would give more patient hearing to Pakistan views. He further hoped that Barack Obama in relation to war against terrorism would also pay attention to the political, foreign policy factors and socio-economic matters. Hussain Huqqani said that Barrack Obama wanted to change the global image of US. As regards Pakistan’s role in the war against terrorism and Pak-US ties, Hussain Huqqani said that Pakistan was an ally of US and participating in the war against terrorism in its own interest

Good move. Pakistan now shouldnt allow droons. Now US wants pakistan military in afghan badly. Pakistan should keep its policy strict and good.

Why is us of A thinks that - Pakistan is only in gain gain situation here ? they are bloody fighting a war with their own people and making enemy out of them selves. a little money is all but a very small incentive to the money monger government officials only. people are opposing it. so they need to look at the broad perspective. May be its just hot air from American side it will just make things much much harder than they can expect for them in afghan if Pakistan gets a side.

as for India, i think we need a strong Pakistan this time for strong india or else Taliban will just ruin everything for us too.

IMO , If Pak as a nation has not gained Too Much from the War on Terror.
I Think its reaaly Justified why an average Pakistani Hates US , due its Policies towards It.

From Pakistan point of view their Relationship with China ( apart from Military ties ) is that of real cooperation just opposite to US which only thin ks of Its own Benefits as far as PAK is concerned.

The Statement is quite justified as you cannot Really "Buy" Pak with Financial Aid and Command it to do "Whatever " u want.

This may be really difficult but from the Future perspective , Pakistan has to Think about its Foreign Policy especially in US perspective, as even The India's Friend Russia is Good For Pakistan ( The RD Engines , Helicopters etc... without any strings attached ) if Not worse like US.

the problem with US is that they try to behave lik masters. wheneva we cooperate with them we tend to loose more and gain less. however US keeps on tellin us wat we gained from it and expects us to be thankful. if US is to have gud relations with us then they should also treat us lik friends. if they change their attitude then i am sure we will cooperate with them willingly which will result into far better outcomes. in last 60 yrs the worst thing which has happened to pakistan is US friendship.
also they need to understand that muslims cant have gud feeling for them untill they stop invading muslim countries. how are we gonna forget wat they did to iraq and wat they are doin in afghanistan. also their support for israel when it comes to killing of civilians in palestine.
with all these conditions i dont think if muslims will ever start liking them.

the problem with US is that they try to behave lik masters. wheneva we cooperate with them we tend to loose more and gain less. however US keeps on tellin us wat we gained from it and expects us to be thankful. if US is to have gud relations with us then they should also treat us lik friends. if they change their attitude then i am sure we will cooperate with them willingly which will result into far better outcomes. in last 60 yrs the worst thing which has happened to pakistan is US friendship.
also they need to understand that muslims cant have gud feeling for them untill they stop invading muslim countries. how are we gonna forget wat they did to iraq and wat they are doin in afghanistan. also their support for israel when it comes to killing of civilians in palestine.

they are not 'trying to behave like masters of pakistan, they are, and were made masters of pakistan by its own generals, instead they are showing a great restrain towards pakistan,
just one or two missiles in a week is their way of telling this

its up to the people of pakistan how soon they realize..
pakistani leaders dont have balls to even cut their supply permanently
forget about throwing them away in boxes
fact is they are still helping and feeding pakistan in a way nobody could have done
they are not invading muslim countries, they could have easily done it after worldwar2 when fresh resources of oil were found in middle east

i know im quite rational ,but this is what the whole world knows about pakistan's status at international level except common pakistani man who is eye washed by some great stories by its state controlled media and other agents..:undecided: ->:cry:->:agree:->:guns:

You should realize the US is not Pakistan's ally, like China is.

China is solid. US will do a little, but will want something bigger in return.

Pakistan needs to scrap buying F-16, concentrate on Chinese equipment, even if it means a temporary drop in performance.

The Chinese would never threaten Pakistan with anything.

Govt of Pakistan always claim that if pakistan denies to join NATO India is ready to offer help US that is against Pakistan economical situation. Personally i doubt India can offer such a help, Even it does it wants Kashmir in return and it makes sure that US army faces kashmir too which US doesnt want to. They dont want Mujahadeen to face.

At present Obama clearly said they would focus on Afghanistan more; Obama trying to pullout of Iraq in 16 months. This would add extra pressure on Afghan. US just wants to set up proper military base in Afghan-Pakistan.

Time for Pakistan to comeup clearly about its plan to support US. Just depending on US policy would again keep Pakistan into war for another 4 years for sure. This will definitely impact pakistan economy;

WASHINGTON: Pakistan Ambassador in US, Hussain Hqqani has said that if Obama administration didn’t adopt positive policy towards Pakistan, then Pakistan would also review its options.

Talking to Geo News, Hussain Huqqani said that former US President, George Bush was more inclined to getting his words accepted than listening to others and believed in use of force. He said that Barack Obama as compared to Bush believed in holding talks and hoped the he (Obama) would give more patient hearing to Pakistan views. He further hoped that Barack Obama in relation to war against terrorism would also pay attention to the political, foreign policy factors and socio-economic matters. Hussain Huqqani said that Barrack Obama wanted to change the global image of US. As regards Pakistan’s role in the war against terrorism and Pak-US ties, Hussain Huqqani said that Pakistan was an ally of US and participating in the war against terrorism in its own interest

That is not going to happen based on terrorism, but other matter yes. One perfect example that Obama is not going to change the stance on terrorism is because the secretary of defense (Gates) is remaining in his post. And the status quo on Afganistan and Pakistan policy is remaing the same. What Obama will do though is feed a larger non-military aid candy to Pakistan for motivational purpose, while Bush was not.

they are not 'trying to behave like masters of pakistan, they are, and were made masters of pakistan by its own generals, instead they are showing a great restrain towards pakistan,

fact is they are still helping and feeding pakistan in a way nobody could have done
they are not invading muslim countries,
they could have easily done it after worldwar2 when fresh resources of oil were found in middle east

i know im quite rational ,but this is what the whole world knows about pakistan's status at international level except common pakistani man who is eye washed by some great stories by its state controlled media and other agents..:undecided: ->:cry:->:agree:->:guns:

can u explain how is US feeding pakistan???
also its only been 3 yrs since iraq was attacked.
also how do find urself rational when u expect us to lik america even after they have killed moer than 2million muslims in both iraq and afghanistan. further supporting israel for killing civillians in palestine.

Pakistan, just like every nation, will (and should) look for its own best interst.

Barack Obama said after he took oath as America’s 44th president:
“To the Muslim world, we seek a new way forward, based on mutual interest and mutual respect,”

That's a good sign, Pakistan is a nation and deserves to look for its own interst.
Other nations, especially Pakistan's allys, must respect Pakistan and the respect shall be returned to them.

IMO , If Pak as a nation has not gained Too Much from the War on Terror.
I Think its reaaly Justified why an average Pakistani Hates US , due its Policies towards It.

From Pakistan point of view their Relationship with China ( apart from Military ties ) is that of real cooperation just opposite to US which only thin ks of Its own Benefits as far as PAK is concerned.

The Statement is quite justified as you cannot Really "Buy" Pak with Financial Aid and Command it to do "Whatever " u want.

This may be really difficult but from the Future perspective , Pakistan has to Think about its Foreign Policy especially in US perspective, as even The India's Friend Russia is Good For Pakistan ( The RD Engines , Helicopters etc... without any strings attached ) if Not worse like US.

My own opinion is that Pakistan needs to have good ties with all, and none at the expense of herself or the others.

Despite the problems in relations with the US, the Americans have helped out Pakistan quite a bit. Although the help many times comes with strings attached, at other times, it really is a reflection of the American desire to stay engaged with us. Their help during the earthquake was solely and purely on humanitarian basis and it was by far the most practical one (the Chinooks won the hearts and minds on that occasion).

Pakistan can no longer shun her relations with anyone. We need to have good ties with the Russians and the Chinese and the Americans. The world is only getting smaller in this age of globalization. Maybe the way forward is to think about what helps Pakistan get plugged into the rest of the world economically. Try to focus on the economic stuff and the rest will follow.

Its time for our diplomacy to mature into an approach that does not look at relations as a zero sum game. Make overtures and take on initiatives with countries of the SCO and at the same time continue with the dealings with the US. Technically there will be challenges, but that is where cost-benefit analysis would need to be done to see what makes more sense for us. The way the current situation is being played out, I think it would help Pakistan to reach out to the SCO nations while carrying on the dealings with the West. I do not really see any other alternates to this approach.

they are not invading muslim countries, they could have easily done it after worldwar2 when fresh resources of oil were found in middle east

You claim to be quite rational but your points seem to be quite irrational and devoid of logic.

All countries in one way or the other subservient to the US. You can argue day and night about this with me, but in the end, the global economy hinges upon the United States.

While you can call out the Pakistani Generals, have you bothered looking at the behavior of your politicians? Why do they run over to the US anytime something happens between Pakistan and India? While there is always talk about India maintaining her independent outlook on foreign policy, that will slowly drift away into history. There are already very many issues on which India is beholden to US favours and support.

The euphoria is much more misplaced in the minds of the Indian public (who already think that India is a hyperpower that is an equal to the US) than the Pakistani nation which is much more pragmatic and realizes that our interests will not converge with those of the US all the time, but when they do, we should work with them. Our Governments and military realize this as well but they are also pragmatic. To cut off ties and turn your back would result in more damage to Pakistan (maybe that is what you are pushing for here). Nothing bothers Indians more (you can deny it all you want to, but after reading about this for the past 30 years I know what I am saying) than seeing Pakistan engaged with the US.

I would consider a Pakistani politician or a General an idiot if he did not tread carefully with regards to our relations with the US. We need to stay engaged with them and work with them because the reality of the situation is that we are still in a unipolar world. It just does not make sense to not deal with the Americans.

As to your points about invading this or that after WWII are neither here nor there. There is no need to invade Muslim countries because most that matter are positively disposed towards the US and the West. The colonization took care of that.

Lastly, Pakistani media is not state controlled and is more critical of the GoP than the jingoistic Indian media which usually tows the GoI line to its own detriment.

Back
Top Bottom