What's new

IDEX UAE 2013: News, Updates & Discussions

2/19/2013
imageDisplay.ashx

Korean Aerospace Industries (KAI) showed off a new "suicidal unmanned aerial vehicle" (UAV) at the IDEX exhibition, held in Abu Dhabi from 17-21 February.

The weapon, known as Devil Killer, is being developed in response to North Korea's shelling of Yeonpyeong Island in 2010, according to a company spokesman, and is designed to be manoeuvred into position to be crashed into howitzers concealed in caves or otherwise difficult locations to engage.

KAI completed basic test flights of the aircraft in 2012 and is now understood to be in negotiations with the South Korean government to take development further. A full production aircraft would be likely to carry a conventional fragmentation warhead, but that has not been settled and the only aircraft flown so far have been inert.

The aircraft itself is cannisterised, with flip-out control surfaces and wings of stretched canvas. When folded up, the whole package measures just 1.1 ft (33.5 cm across), stretching to a span of 4.3 ft when deployed.

Wait wait wait a sec...suicide drone againts howitzers? WTF?!? When i read suicide drone part i though they done something like Harpy but this thing for howitzers?? It must be TV controlled i presume , anyone have an idea how this drone works?

United 40 drone is the ace of this show. When operational, it would be the best MALE drone in the region.
100 hours endurance, UCAV MALE drone, WOW
I don't know how UAE skipped to that level of drone technology!

Wait wait wait a sec...suicide drone againts howitzers? WTF?!? When i read suicide drone part i though they done something like Harpy but this thing for howitzers?? It must be TV controlled i presume , anyone have an idea how this drone works?

It's a guided missile in a shape of UAV equipped with optical devices to look for enriched artillery and MRLs hiding in difficult locations to engage with artillery. NK have enormous numbers of artillery and MRL pieces (about 17000) and those pose a great danger to the SK capital Seoul, so it's not that surprising to develop new arms to counter this threat.

United 40 drone is the ace of this show. When operational, it would be the best MALE drone in the region.

Money like Saudi´s ! (Or Maybe you found the Algebra ,something nobody likes).

United_40.JPG

It's ready for sale, the chief of the company which developed it said only Israel and USA are ahead of UAE in MALE UAV technology, UNITED 40 can fly for 100 hours and carry up to 10 guided missiles (Namrod).

It's ready for sale, the chief of the company which developed it said only Israel and USA are ahead of UAE in MALE UAV technology, UNITED 40 can fly for 100 hours and carry up to 10 guided missiles (Namrod).

Just have not seen any movie of that flying.
If united 40 is available, it is dumb for KSA to buy ANKA.

Why would we buy anything? We are developing our own now for the past couple of years.

Then UAE should stop acting like Iranian mullahs and show whole world how this UCAV works/take off/bombs , real action instead of mock-ups.

There will be Anka-A ,B & C.

The Project is not finished.

Actually the Anka can fly up to 24-32 Hours and you can take it with a C130.

Don´t think that you can take the United 40 somewhere ! But it´s Bigger then Anka so more Fuel. You see it on the Spec´s so nothing Big Thing.

We will see what the Future show it us.

But Anka is Ready :

https://www.tai.com.tr/en/basin-bultenleri/anka-successfully-completes-acceptance-tests

Then UAE should stop acting like Iranian mullahs and show whole world how this UCAV works/take off/bombs , real action instead of mock-ups.

As I said, it's available for sale and was displayed in several exhibitions, I believe if they had sth to hide they wouldn't have displayed it asking others to buy it. PS, UAE has never been known to fake achievements as they don't need to as all the world look up to it. BTW Turkey can buy it instead of the long wait for Anka.;)

It will work. Mock up does not mean nothing is gonna happen.
Indian HALE Rustom is also a mock up for now.

There were some talks a few months ago about KSA buying ANKA:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey...-qatar-jordan-thailand-released-rfp-anka.html

I agree with you 100%. However united 40 is really the third MALE UCAV if not the second.

United-40 is without a doubt the MALE UAV to be. KACST have been developing a UAV since 2009, in 2011 report they said they finished the ground station project and the link with Saudi military satellites for the UAV, PSATRI has also been working on a UAV since 2011. I don't know how far they got but PSATRI has released papers on UAV technology recently and UAV radars. So they must be making progress.

Both KACST and PSATRi have entire units dedicated to UAVs. It is hard to believe after all this work we will buy from foriegn sources.

As I said, it's available for sale and was displayed in several exhibitions, I believe if they had sth to hide they wouldn't have displayed it asking others to buy it. PS, UAE has never been known to fake achievements as they don't need to as all the world look up to it. BTW Turkey can buy it instead of the long wait for Anka.;)
Don't go all defensive on me @BLACKEAGLE you are saying this drone completed,passed all tests,serial production capability ready and its waiting customers? Big words @BLACKEAGLE big words when no one seen a single photo/video/documentry of this UAV(not just UAV but an armed one) on internet and if there were really such an armed UAV on market(specially if its belongs to Gulf-Arabs) be sure we would bought few units already as stop-gag solution(until ANKA can be armed).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom