What's new

Identify this strange truck ANZA missiles

HIT is already manufacturing a a land based aire defence vehicle based on APC Talha named APC MOUZ.

It is based on the Talha APC, armed with either the RBS 70 or Anza I/II air-defence missile systems. The missile firing unit on the roof is retracted into the cabin for reloading.

Mouz.jpg

m113-mouz-image01.jpg

one APC modle is also modified to carry baktar Shikan Anti-Tank-Missile. it is named MAAZ

That's simply RBS-70 made mobile. To fire, the operator sits exposed atop the vehicle, much in the same way that the operator would sit with a normal ground launch. I suspect reload is manual and takes place outside armor cover. I'ld be more impressed by something like e.g. ASRAD-R or even a vehicle mounted RBS-90 (remote twin RBS-70 launcher placed away from the command vehicle, which carries a radar and provides armor cover fort the operator. It is easy to imagine this in a configuratin with 1 radar-equipped command vehicle and 2-3 launch vehicles, also carrying a simple IRST)

rbs70_2.jpg

RBS70_5.jpg

ASRAD-R.jpg

RBS-90.jpg

127672199139218750.jpg

It is an interim measure -- to give our armored formations an AAA capability. There are obvious disadvantages of such an arrangment but than what other options we have in the short term?

They are very old :sick: we must replace them with new systems its vital to protect formations. Below system is Turkish Atilgan ideal and cheap as we already operate large number of AL-TALHA and M113 and also produce Anza series at home combination of PL-9C and Anza-MK3 would be great.

atilgan_front1.jpg

There are advantages to having a missile with laser-beam riding guidance (riding a laser signal being beamed from its own launch station). The missile has no seeker head at the front of the missile and the laser beam riding system in the tail of the missile, that controls it, is extremely difficult to jam. That means it can also be used against ground targets. And it can't be fooled by flares or thermal diffusors and such.

The RBS-70 missile is armed with a 1.1kg fragmented warhead fitted with a Saab Bofors laser proximity fuse and an impact fuse. Range is 5,000–6,000 m and ceiling 3,000 m. BOLIDE upgrade system was introduced to the RBS 70, this is faster (Mach 2 vs Mach 1.6), longer ranged (up to 8 km) and can reach an altitude of 5 km. Night and thermail sights are available.

The current production Stinger missiles are the RMP (Reprogrammable Microprocessor) FIM-92D and the Block I FIM-92E. It has a dual-mode infrared and ultraviolet rosette scan seeker. It has a 3kg HE-FRAG (High Explosive Fragmentation) warhead. Maximum speed is Mach 2.2 and range is 200m to 4.5km. Maximum altitude is 3.8km.

Proper comparison would be Atilgan <> ASRAD-R
Atilgan: At
ASRAD-R: ASRAD-R - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

leflasys_8.jpg

It is an interim measure -- to give our armored formations an AAA capability. There are obvious disadvantages of such an arrangment but than what other options we have in the short term?

Well, given that ANZA are derivatives of Chinese manpads similar (Mk1 > HN-5B > SA-7 Grail/ Soviet SA-14 Gremlin; Mk2 > QW-1 /QW-2 > russian 9K38 Igla = SA-16 Gimlet), I suppose you could adopt some chinese weapon station for your domestic IFV and fit is with ANZA's.
See: Login

Not to mention a variety of available Mistral vehicle mounts...

index.php

index.php

Back
Top Bottom