What's new

Ideas to improve Pakistan's economy

Gasht

Reaction score
Lately I have been pondering of the state of dysfunction our economy has been engrossed in

The only way we can recover is by using the resources we’re in excess of: People

What are some of your innovative ideas which you believe would allow our economy to regains it’s momentum and stability. Such as pioneering future technologies , potential business opportunities, infrastructure innovation and etc.. ?

For example due to Pakistan's growth in higher education we now have an abundance of doctors in Pakistan. Using their professional expertise we should establish tourist stem cell clinics such as in china, and cheap IVF clinics and other medical tourist opportunities..

Secondly since we are a rapidly growing country we need energy to power our economy, one solution to this crisis is NUCLEAR HYDROGEN PRODUCTION, which can fuel our power stations and automobiles plus drive our factories, hydrogen is the most abundant element on planet earth.
Nuclear plants may be clean hydrogen source

Of course hydrogen production would be expensive but the money we sent overseas for oil imports would stay within our economy. Plus government subsidize of oil imports would be reduced vastly.......

Without innovations our country will cease to exist, I plea to you Pakistanis to make contributions to this vital cause, remember everything starts from an idea... :pakistan:

Last edited:
about your idea number one........ Pakistan is already lacking doctors and we have one doctor available for about 1000 or 10000 (can't remember) peoples

about your idea number two........ This is an old idea and now our government is trying to generate electricity from Hydro, Nuclear, Coal, Solar and wind only and trying reduce oil and gas imports so your idea has already been implemented into the governments policy

There is no other planned electricity plant that will work on oil or gas although we have some rental plants in pipeline but as a permament solution we are trying to invest in other sectors only..........

Hey man its good that you mentioned the growth in Higher education in pakistan.
But friend we are all Bandars if my neighbours son is doing MBBS my dad will push me to do MBBS and then each and every student will try to do MBBS.
If someone is doing ACCA everyone will start doing ACCA.
There are very few choices in our markets for graduates and therefore very few courses to select from. It hurst when for a country to prosper it is nessecary for its people to evolve its architecture and yet sixty years from independence we don't have a single well recognized institution for architecture and HOLD ON this is just an example.
The government should introduce multi sector growth in institutions rather then sticking to those old courses we have been doing.
I might be proved wrong but when i was applying for Universities around the world to study architecture I didn't find a single university that did architecture as a full validated course regulated by ANY of the world regulatories..

Without security and justice I do not see Pakistan or simply any country progressing. Technology if properly utilized could help bring transparency to the country and make the govn't more efficient in providing services to citizens.

But then again, so long as there isn't a proper and working judicial system in the country, people will be exploited by the rich and corrupt political elites and go unpunished, demoralized entrepreneurial class, and the cream of the crop would want to leave the country.

Without security and justice I do not see Pakistan or simply any country progressing. Technology if properly utilized could help bring transparency to the country and make the govn't more efficient in providing services to citizens.

But then again, so long as there isn't a proper and working judicial system in the country, people will be exploited by the rich and corrupt political elites and go unpunished, demoralized entrepreneurial class, and the cream of the crop would want to leave the country.

You are so right that i can't disagree. Rather your second paragraph defines the position of my dad ..... That was one reason we left pakistan. My dad worked in an institution (GOVT) for 20 years and because he didn't have any connections they wouldn't promote him insted some Bsc engg was given that posst so my dad in his FURY left pakistan He is a plant manager here.
Also all my friend doing degrees in pakistan are already thinking of moving abroad un,less thios stops there is no way pakistan is going forward.

about your idea number one........ Pakistan is already lacking doctors and we have one doctor available for about 1000 or 10000 (can't remember) peoples

Since you’re a “supposed” Pakistani I should enlighten you. I would advice you to provide substation before discouraging others.

From personal experience since I have batch of doctors in my family, the cultural trend of becoming a doctor is ever increasing.....

The reason being, there are very few doctors in Pakistan is because they migrate to other countries after completing their studies, due to lack of financial opportunities, by means of stem cell clinic and other innovations, the financial constraints would be lifted and incentive provided to remain in Pakistan.( plus other benefits) as you all probably already know of a similar trend in other countries.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

about your idea number two........ This is an old idea

Its not an old idea, it is the future. Plans of creating hydrogen economy are already in motion.

Hydrogen economy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

your idea has already been implemented into the governments policy

If it was being implemented in government policy we wouldn't have rolling black-outs

now our government is trying to generate electricity from Hydro, Nuclear, Coal, Solar and wind only and trying reduce oil and gas imports

Comprehend the depth of my post let me elaborate for you, I'm not merely referring to power production it is understood fact that one day planet earth will run out of fossil fuels and we would need to adapt to sustain our selves. If Pakistan was in fore front of this technology it could considerably benefit; by setting up foreign operations, and supplying critical components and know how, as western countries do with nuclear stations.

Furthermore If this type of technology was ever implemented in Pakistan it would revolutionize; Industry to Tax-Revenues, essentially making Pakistan a stable economic force and a particular entity would tremendously be opposed to.

There is no other planned electricity plant that will work on oil or gas

Again you need to become informed. Power stations don't generate electricity from fuel rather thermal energy which allows them to adapt to many fuel sources..

Last edited:
One thing we should do is to make everyone to pay tax, and make the sector transparent. We could easily generate another $5 billion:pakistan:
Secondly, we should try to bring GENE Revolution in our agriculture sector to increase per hectare yield.
Thirdly, we should try to focus on decentralization.
Fourthly, we should look for alternate means of energy production, we have 185 billion tons of coal to burn:yahoo:
Fifthly, We should encourage industrialization, particularly heavy industries. Heavy industries will be expensive but will generate far more money.
Sixthly, to improve education standards, we should send more of our students abroad for higher education after taking oath from them that they will return to the country and serve for a particular time period.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom