What's new

ICC President Mustafa Kamal Resigns

bongbang

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
International Cricket Council president, Mustafa Kamal has resigned from his post today.

"I resign right at this moment. I am no longer ICC president," he told reporters in the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka.

Kamal announced his resignation on Wednesday, accusing colleagues within the game's global body of acting "unlawfully".

"The main reason for my resignation is that I can't work with those who can act unconstitutionally and unlawfully," he told reporters in Dhaka.

"I am just sending my resignation to the ICC...I was not allowed to work in line with the ICC constitution and I cannot work with them beyond the ICC constitution," he told in a crowded press conference at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at Dhaka today.

"These type of people should be away from cricket, these kind of people are polluting the game. Otherwise cricket will be spoilt. It is my earnest request to the ICC to revisit these things and people should research why I have resigned," he added.

Even since Bangladesh lost to India in the 2015 World Cup quarterfinals, Kamal was upset after a controversial no-ball incident that allowed Rohit Sharma to score a decisive century. He openly alleged the ICC of favouring with India. (Bangladesh to Challenge India Over Controversial Rohit Sharma Ton)

Kamal also stormed off during the World Cup final game at Melbourne when he was not allowed to present the trophy to the champions. N. Srinivasan, the ICC chairman did the honours. As per convention, it is the president who hands over the trophy to the winning captain.

After the trophy snub, Kamal had spoken to local television channels in Bangladesh and claimed "My rights were dishonoured. After I go back home, I will let the whole world know what's happening in ICC. I will let the whole world know about those guys who are doing these mischievous things."

Previously, after the no-ball fiasco in the India-Bangladesh semifinal, Kamal had said, ""There was no quality in the umpiring. It looked like they took the field after it (the outcome) was pre-arranged."

"As the ICC president, whatever I have to say I will say it in next meeting. It could happen that maybe I will resign," Kamal said in comments aired on Bangladeshi television.

He also said that the ICC had become the Indian Cricket Council, "I cannot represent the Indian Cricket Council. If someone has imposed a result on us, in that case no one can accept it."

The ICC reacted vehemently and rejected Kamal's criticism of the umpiring during Bangladesh's World Cup quarterfinal loss to India by calling his outburst as "unfortunate" and "baseless".

"The ICC has noted Mr Mustafa Kamal's comments, which are very unfortunate but made in his personal capacity. As an ICC President, he should have been more considerate in his criticism of ICC match officials, whose integrity cannot be questioned," ICC CEO Dave Richardson said in a statement.

"The no-ball decision was a 50-50 call. The spirit of the game dictates that the umpire's decision is final and must be respected. Any suggestion that the match officials had "an agenda" or did anything other than perform to the best of their ability are baseless and are refuted in the strongest possible terms," Richardson added.

International Cricket Council President Mustafa Kamal Resigns - World Cup 2015 News

Even though the man made a lot of cash by being one of the looters in the share market scam but he is forgiven after this fiasco, man is a legend...

So he thought the trophy was for a tournament where matches were fixed by the organisation where he was president, and yet he wanted to hand over the trophy???

He resigned before he was kicked out. Its shocking that during his decades as a fan and a administrator, he never noticed umpires making judgement calls that were wrong? Or of ICCs efforts to reduce such errors by introducing more and more technology and reviews?

Also he thought BD lost the match by 2 runs?

Such whining and unprofessional behaviour is unprecedented.

what a douche ! There's no place for foul mouth insects in corporate world. He should have been asked to resign earlier !

There were many bad decisions in many games. As an ICC rep. he should have known better.

The Guy was unworthy of being ICC President.

As i see it, the guy is leaving from the scene a month or so before the time he was due for replacement.He may have his reasons , but it will not cause a big amount of reshuffling.And his replacement i-e Mr.Najam sethi had to takeover from him after the ICC’s next meeting that was expected to be held in June 2015.
Sethi sahib most expectedly will be getting his seat after his formal appointment.

While saying that the presidency is now merely an honorific position with all the power in the hands of the chairman, following a re-organisation in June last year.

As i see it, the guy is leaving from the scene a month or so before the time he was due for replacement.He may have his reasons , but it will not cause a big amount of reshuffling.And his replacement i-e Mr.Najam sethi had to takeover from him after the ICC’s next meeting that was expected to be held in June 2015.
Sethi sahib most expectedly will be getting his seat after his formal appointment.

While saying that the presidency is now merely an honorific position with all the power in the hands of the chairman, following a re-organisation in June last year.

He is a Politician, He is a member of the Jatiya Sangsad (Bangladesh parliament) for the constituency of Comilla-10 in the Chittagong Division.

Imagine the brownie points he earns !

Pakistan should boycott this corrupt and unlawfull, bias ICC too.

Back
Top Bottom