What's new

ICC Destroying Cricket

No wonder ICC is considered the most corrupt third class organisation ever nowadays...killing sportsman spirit.,first sport with so many cheap regulations....its not a robots game..humans with passion and emotions play it...ICC is a joke!!

Cricket World Cup 2015: Wahab Riaz and Shane Watson punished by ICC

Pakistan pace bowler Wahab Riaz and Australia all-rounder Shane Watson have been fined after a fiery confrontation in Friday's World Cup quarter-final.

Riaz was penalised 50% of his match fee by the International Cricket Council (ICC) for using "aggressive and abusive language" at the end of an over.

Watson lost 15% of his fee for "conduct contrary to the spirit of the game" after a verbal exchange with Riaz.

The flashpoint came after the 33rd over of Australia's successful run chase.

An ICC statement read: "Watson ignored the umpires' instructions and verbally engaged with Wahab, who, at the end of the over, followed through towards the batsman and used aggressive and abusive language."

Left-armer Riaz peppered Watson with an array of fast, short-pitched deliveries, in a spell described by Australia captain Michael Clarke as "as good as any I've faced in one-day cricket for a long time".

However, Watson who was crucially dropped at long leg off Riaz, held out long enough to see Australia to a six-wicket win.

Match referee Ranjan Madugalle added: "It was an enthralling contest between Shane and Wahab, but in the closing stages of the match both players crossed that fine line between intense competition and unacceptable behaviour."

Listen to highlights from Test Match Special's and 5 live Sport's 2015 World Cup coverage.

Indians cheat as well to an extent English, because it has a monopoly on cricket and the ICC, no doubt about that now, and it in my opinion has the greatest hand in damaging the traditional true spirit of the game.

It is all now match fixing, bribery, ICC interference, corruptions, undue favours, bias and cheating.

Pakistan should quit too and support Bengalis....this ICC is highly controverial with BIG 3, India, England and Australia destroyed the true spirit of game...Srinivasan' is the most corrupt man.

India's & England negative power over cricket politics laid bare in presentation stoush

When it comes to the influence of politics in sport, soccer's governing body FIFA is perhaps the gold standard for questionable backroom manoeuvres.

But the latest blow-up among the powerbrokers of the International Cricket Council shows its administrators aren't too far behind in the dark arts of wheeling and dealing.

In a disagreement perhaps more suited to a divided school council, the ICC's Bangladeshi president Mustafa Kamal has quit after not being allowed to present the World Cup trophy to Australia on Sunday.

Kamal was peeved at not being given the opportunity to hand out the World Cup trophy to champions Australia and had left the Melbourne Cricket Ground even before the final finished. ICC chairman N Srinivasan handed over the trophy to Australian skipper Michael Clarke.

"I was not allowed to hand over the trophy. I couldn't sleep the night before because, I represent my country. My right was snatched away," he said.

"These type of people like Sirvasan should be away from cricket, these kind of people are polluting the game. Otherwise cricket will be spoilt. It is my earnest request to the ICC to revisit these things and people should research why I have resigned," Kamal added

Standing on the dais instead of Kamal was the ICC's Indian chairman Narayanaswami Srinivasan, who presented the trophy despite the body's own rules stipulating that it should have been handed over by the president.

The snub came after Kamal angered the ICC, which is heavily influenced by India, by questioning an umpiring decision that went against Bangladesh in their quarter-final loss against India.

Among other scathing comments, Kamal suggested India's win was "pre-arranged" after Rohit Sharma was given a reprieve when he was caught off a full toss no-ball which only appeared to be waist high.

India's power comes from its huge following which brings in the lion's share of TV revenue, helping to prop up other cricket playing-nations. Some critics say this means India acts in its own best interests, as opposed to those of the sport.

In interviews with Bangladeshi TV channels, Kamal said he had been denied the opportunity to present the trophy for "speaking the truth" and would reveal more about the inner dealings of the ICC.

"I was supposed to give the trophy today," Kamal said. "It is my constitutional right. But very unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to do so. My rights were dishonoured. After I go back home, I will let the whole world know what's happening in ICC. I will let the whole world know about those guys who are doing these mischievous things."

Kamal is not alone in questioning India's political muscle, which it has flexed over the Decision Review System, as well as the fixturing of international cricket.

Another example was Srinivasan's appointment as the chairman of the ICC, despite his suspension as the country's cricket chief after he was embroiled in corruption allegations in the Indian Premier League.

Regardless of the concerns about the centralisation of power in cricket, India's control has been further entrenched after the ICC recently voted to give more financial and political power to the "big three" playing nations of India, Australia and England.

But even political friends are at risk of falling out, as in another trophy presentation fiasco which involved India and Australia at the Champions Trophy in 2006

On that occasion, Ricky Ponting and Damien Martyn created a political storm when they pushed then head of Indian cricket Sharad Pawar off the stage as they celebrated with the trophy.

"I will not react to this other than to say it was totally uncivilised
," Pawar said at the time. "This is not good at all, but I have decided to play it down because we have an extremely good relationship with the Australian board and we would like for that to keep going."

The real reason:

"I resign right at this moment. I am no longer ICC president," he told reporters in the Bangladesh. "The main reason for my resignation is that I can't work with those who can act unconstitutionally and unlawfully," he added.

ICC trophy was awarded to Australia's captain Micheal Clarke by ICC chairman N Srinivasan after the final but Kamal claims that according to modified ICC's rules in January 2015 mandated the president to hand over trophies in all ICC tournaments.

I was supposed to give the trophy. It is my constitutional right. But very unfortunately, I wasn’t allowed to do so. My rights were dishonored. After I go back home, I will let the whole world know what’s happening in ICC. I will let the whole world know about those guys who are doing these mischievous things,” Kamal said in the media. He added that he is not able to understand why he was not allowed to present the trophy as it was his rights.

According to clause 3.3 (B): “With effect from the 2014 Conference Close Date, the President shall act solely as chairman at Conference and Special Meetings and be responsible for presenting trophies at global competitions and cricket events held under the aegis of the Council. For the avoidance of doubt, with effect from the 2014 Conference Close Date, the President will no longer act as chairman of the Executive Board or as chairman of any Committee or Subcommittee."

Earlier, Kamal had made a cutting comment after Bangladesh loss to India in the quarter finals about biased umpiring. Onfield umpires — Ian Gould from England and Pakistan's Aleem Dar — gave Rubel Hossain's full toss as a no-ball considering it above the waist which was a touch and go decision. Sharma was on 90 and was caught in the deep on that ball. The Indian opener went on to score 137 runs and that heated up this issue.

"These type of people should be away from cricket, these kind of people is polluting the game. Otherwise cricket will be spoilt. It is my earnest request to the ICC to revisit these things and people should research why I have resigned," he added. "I was not allowed to hand over the trophy. I couldn't sleep the night before, because I represent my country. My right was snatched away," Kamal said.

Former Pakistan player Mohammed Yousuf supported Kamal on his resignation. "He showed lots of courage by resigning after he was denied his constitutional right to present the trophy," Yousuf said.

The ICC Board will now consider the vacant position of the ICC President at its forthcoming meeting in Dubai on 15 and 16 April.

Now it is going to be Sethi, the 35 punctured fame; No wonder, for birds of like feather flock together.

Every sports in this world is commercial...Sports is meant to be played for passion..But in this age of cable TV, sports is a bussiness...So we should not expect any morality from these corporations....Wheather any one likes it or not, BCCI contributes more than 85% of revenue....As long as this uneven inappropriate contribution does not change, the situation is not going to improve...We can shout as long as we want, but at the end of the day, Cricket in modern world is a pure bussiness...It is upto you if you like it or not..

Real funny that Mustafa Kamaal wanted to hand over the trophy for a "pre-arranged" world cup. :laugh:

Lol. ICC has turned for the better.Useless chuckers have been banned,should have started long back.Umpires have the courage to stand up
Actually India cheated with umpiring against Bangladesh otherwise they got you guys. These incidents will boost the morale of other ICC members to stand against the Big3

Real funny that Mustafa Kamaal wanted to hand over the trophy for a "pre-arranged" world cup. :laugh:
It would have been better than the gambler:cheesy: sitay baaz Sri Navasan who was forced by the Indian Supreme Court for corruption. What a joke:crazy::crazy::cheesy::cheesy:

Actually India cheated with umpiring against Bangladesh otherwise they got you guys. These incidents will boost the morale of other ICC members to stand against the Big3

It would have been better than the gambler:cheesy: sitay baaz Sri Navasan who was forced by the Indian Supreme Court for corruption. What a joke:crazy::crazy::cheesy::cheesy:

Pakistan should quit the ICC then. :enjoy:

Pakistan should quit the ICC then. :enjoy:
How about we get India kicked out with the backing of other members. It is a matter of time when Indian players will be caught betting. :crazy::cheesy:

How about we get India kicked out with the backing of other members. It is a matter of time when Indian players will be caught betting. :crazy::cheesy:

PCB needs India-Pakistan series to survive. Pakistan should stop playing against India first. :lol:

PCB needs India-Pakistan series to survive. Pakistan should stop playing against India first. :lol:
Pakistan India games generate the most revenue of any games. You can play anyone but it would not sell unless Pakistan is part of it. Check the statistics.

Pakistan India games generate the most revenue of any games. You can play anyone but it would not sell unless Pakistan is part of it. Check the statistics.

Last time I checked, PCB will be losing 60% of money from its broadcasting rights deal if there are no matches against India. :woot:

Last time I checked, PCB will be losing 60% of money from its broadcasting rights deal if there are no matches against India. :woot:
India also benefits from it, but if BCCI does not need it we will pocket the entire revenue.

Back
Top Bottom