What's new

ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 : Fever Starts

Today ............England Vs Ireland .........Ask shane warne........May be an Upset of Ireland or another Tie.

Point Table Situtation
Group A
Pakistan (6)
Srilanka (4)
Australia (4)
NZ (2)
Zimbabwe (2)
Kenya (0)
Canda (0)

Group B
South Africa (4)
India (3)
England (3)
West Indies (2)
Irland (2)
Bangladesh (2)
Netherland (0)

Teams expected to qualify in Quarter finalz
A1 Australia (Depends on games of AUS vs SL, AUS vs PAK)
A2 Pakistan
A3 Srilanka (Depends on games of SL vs NZ)
A4 Newzeland
B1 South Africa (Depends on games of SA vs India)
B2 India (Depends on games of WI vs India)
B3 England
B4 Bangladesh/WI (Depends on todays game of BD vs WI)

According to the above predictions, Pakistan will play in Ahmedabad against England.
India would be playing against Srilanka in Dhaka

Quarter Finalz
A1 v B4 Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur, Dhaka
A2 v B3 Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad
A3 v B2 Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur, Dhaka

A4 v B1 R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo

Current Point Table Situtation
Group A
Pakistan (6)
Srilanka (5)
Australia (5)
NZ (4)
Zimbabwe (2)
Kenya (0)
Canda (0)

Group B
India (5)
England (5)
West Indies (4)
South Africa (4)
Irland (2)
Bangladesh (2)
Netherland (0)

Teams expected to qualify in Quarter finalz
A1 Australia (Depends on game of AUS vs PAK)
A2 Pakistan (Depends on game of PAK vs NZ)
A3 Srilanka (Depends on games of SL vs NZ)
A4 Newzeland
B1 South Africa (Depends on games of SA vs India)
B2 India (Depends on games of WI vs India)
B3 England (Depends on games of WI vs ENG)
B4 WestIndies

According to the above predictions, Pakistan will play against England.
India would be playing against Srilanka in Ahmedabad (India would play at Ahmedabad regardless of its postions at group).

Quarter Finalz
A1 v B4 Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur, Dhaka
A2 v B3 Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad
A3 v B2 Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur, Dhaka
A4 v B1 R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo

If Pakistan wins, against NZ and Zimbabwe then we finish #1 regardless of the Australia/Pak game

Being #1 is highly important, if it rains in the Quarter Final, Semi Final it will come down to who holds the higher rank in this stage and they will proceed forward. So Pakistan HAS to aim for the #1 spot.

Pakistan can never win against Australia, because we need real talented batsmen of fast bowling.
PCB has dropped proven batsmen like Shoaib Malik, Imran Nazir etc..
In present setup only Misbah, Younus are of that class but we cannot win with two batsmen.
Our batting lineup, ought to click against Australia... right from beginning.
we can't afford mistakes.

In Indian side both U-Singh and I-Pathan look dangerous.

India will play their knock out matches in India regardless of the group standing.

Pakistan can never win against Australia, because we need real talented batsmen of fast bowling.
PCB has dropped proven batsmen like Shoaib Malik, Imran Nazir etc..
In present setup only Misbah, Younus are of that class but we cannot win with two batsmen.
Our batting lineup, ought to click against Australia... right from beginning.
we can't afford mistakes.

You know what is batsmen? - usually a good batsmen must average above 40 or 35+ can be acceptable if he performs at crucial stages and has played 200 matches. Thats minimum criteria of gaining some respect for batsmen.

Afridi is a bowling All-rounder but he is way better than Imran Nazir in batting. His batting record speaks for itself

Imran Nazir | Pakistan Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Shahid Afridi | Pakistan Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

A player with an average of only 24.61 is not called a batsmen. It is just acceptable as an all-rounder but unfortunately Imran Nazir is not bowler so no place for him as a batsmen.

These are the all-rounders from other teams... and look at their batting averages

Shane Watson | Australia Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Jacques Kallis | South Africa Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

======================================

Imran Nazir was highest ranked at 44 in ICC rankings in his entire career and that too was in 2002 and this is 2011. Usually the top-notch or proven players from Pakistan has always been among the top 20 or more likely Top 10 in some stages of their life. Imran Nazir could never even secure his place in Top 30

Reliance ICC Player Rankings

I assume your point is you don't agree considering Imran Nazir as better player of fast bowling???
Where does your current openers stand in ranking and experience???
Its my personal choice that I would feel more comfortable with Imran Nazir a sopener against Australia rather than Hafeez.

What happened here??

Why indians are ignored by ICC??
It is clear Pakistan is facing the bias of umpires and ICC...
Shameful PCB is perhaps getting good money to keep the injustice under wraps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume your point is you don't agree considering Imran Nazir as better player of fast bowling???
Where does your current openers stand in ranking and experience???
Its my personal choice that I would feel more comfortable with Imran Nazir a sopener against Australia rather than Hafeez.

well its all comes to personal choices then and I have no problem whatever you want to keep in your favorite list. In my opinion he doesn't deserve a place in Pakistan team and in your opinion if it does... You are most welcome to support him

If Pakistan wins, against NZ and Zimbabwe then we finish #1 regardless of the Australia/Pak game

Being #1 is highly important, if it rains in the Quarter Final, Semi Final it will come down to who holds the higher rank in this stage and they will proceed forward. So Pakistan HAS to aim for the #1 spot.

No, PAK vs AUS game will desicde the top rank in the group Pakistan and Aus played 3 games each and contains points 6 and 5 respectively.
If PAK and AUS keep wining till end...(Which atleast AUS looks )
then the game of PAK vs AUS will descide the top rank in the group.

Source:- point tables.

For some reason I have a good feeling for Pakistan when they face Australia.

I was the same person that predicted Pakistan will win 2009 T20 world cup and Shahid Afridi would make make a century in the Asia Cup tournament last year.

Back
Top Bottom