What's new

iaf vintage war birds

yes the iaf was giving them to private ent or to people how can take care of them for display purpose not only spitfire but also other jets without the guns

SO we have ex-IAF Spitfires with private parties in India? Who flies them in India?

can any one help me with helicopters cant find any thing on them

i dont know that much about it but if you have money and source you can try for 1
link Free Vintage Indian Air Force Fighters Anyone? — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net
statements
The spokesperson said that those interested in taking charge of these old aircraft should apply to local Air Force officials, who would evaluate the request and in turn make a recommendation to Air Headquarters in New Delhi. He said: "Those who are given an aircraft after completing various formalities would have to provide an undertaking that they would preserve it and not allow it to decay."

yes the iaf was giving them to private ent or to people how can take care of them for display purpose not only spitfire but also other jets without the guns

Many of the old aircraft have been given to public parks and schools. These aircraft are completely stripped of all all equipment, armament, instruments, engines. So in fact they are only aircraft fuselages. As a rule they are distributed to public bodies and institutions, not to individuals. The cost of transportation and maintenance is borne by the organisation receiving the aircraft. The IAF through the nearest ED or BRD assists to set up the display.

Of course Defence establishments have preference, for instance the NDA and AFA have large collections scattered about their campuses.

Old aircraft like the Spitfire and Hurricane are very few in number and a real rarity. BTW, nobody but nobody is allowed to restore and old military aircraft to flyable condition except the Armed Forces.

Check out the site- Warbirds of India. A lot of information is available along with history and pictures of old aircraft there.
Warbirds of India

Many of the old aircraft have been given to public parks and schools. These aircraft are completely stripped of all all equipment, armament, instruments, engines. So in fact they are only aircraft fuselages. As a rule they are distributed to public bodies and institutions, not to individuals. The cost of transportation and maintenance is borne by the organisation receiving the aircraft. The IAF through the nearest ED or BRD assists to set up the display.

Of course Defence establishments have preference, for instance the NDA and AFA have large collections scattered about their campuses.

Old aircraft like the Spitfire and Hurricane are very few in number and a real rarity. BTW, nobody but nobody is allowed to restore and old military aircraft to flyable condition except the Armed Forces.

Check out the site- Warbirds of India. A lot of information is available along with history and pictures of old aircraft there.
Warbirds of India

yes it is true you cant fly them but you can re store them with engines (with special permission) though guns are removed mock one's can be there

yes it is true you cant fly them but you can re store them with engines (with special permission) though guns are removed mock one's can be there

No private recipient of the aircraft/s gets the engine. Check out any 'warbird' close to your location. If you access the web-site that i posted above, you will find the 'warbird' located nearest to you. Even the Aircraft in the NDA for instance have no engines. Some of the aircraft on static display in Air Force Museum, New Delhi have engines most don't. The Aircraft being restored (by IAF for IAF) to form part of the Vintage Flight are the only ones in flying condition.
About guns on static display aircraft, only the gun ports are there or just a pipe to look like a gun.

Refer- http://www.warbirdsofindia.com/

Yes, there was a ajeet fighter in my school park, Sainik school, tilaiya. It was only a aiframe. we used to pose a lot before it.:woot:

can any one help me with helicopters cant find any thing on them
mil mi-4
mil-mi4-hound_2.jpg

this id from IAF gallery
1494335.jpg

Sikorsky s-55
116886948_acb88d0a49.jpg

bell 47 g-2
Bell.jpg

No private recipient of the aircraft/s gets the engine. Check out any 'warbird' close to your location. If you access the web-site that i posted above, you will find the 'warbird' located nearest to you. Even the Aircraft in the NDA for instance have no engines. Some of the aircraft on static display in Air Force Museum, New Delhi have engines most don't. The Aircraft being restored (by IAF for IAF) to form part of the Vintage Flight are the only ones in flying condition.
About guns on static display aircraft, only the gun ports are there or just a pipe to look like a gun.

Refer- Warbirds of India
thnx for the info the article which i first read stated it can keep mock or dead engines only for show

Back
Top Bottom