What's new

IAF Veteren raises Questions - Finally some sense

I am no professional and don't have inside knowledge - but I expect neither 12 nor 24 jets from Pakistan would've taken part in this mission. If 12 or 24 PAF jets had made it to the air, India must had sensed something coming.

Pakistan had promised India that it would surprise them - and it did. The element of surprise wasn't invading Indian airspace or bombing Indian military installations, but actual surprise was one or few of PAF jets can do what you could not expect. PAF executed this important mission apparently so casually that only couple of aircrafts were back in Pakistani air backing up their friends who executed the mission.

Last edited:
I am no professional and don't have inside knowledge - but I expect neither 12 nor 24 jets from Pakistan would've taken part in this mission. If 12 or 24 PAF jets had made it to the air, India must had sensed something coming.

Pakistan had promised India that it would surprise them - and it did. The element of surprise wasn't invading Indian airspace or bombing Indian military installations, but actual surprise was one or few of PAF jets can do what you could not expect. PAF executed this important mission apparently so casually that only couple of aircrafts were back in Pakistani air backing up their friends who executed the mission.

24 figure is given by the Indians not Pakistan.

They just don't want to admit that it wasn't the F16 but Jf17 bvr did the job for us.

Since an AMRAAM BVR missile reportedly shot down the MiG-21 from an F-16

Make up your mind, F-16 shot down Mig-21 using BVR but Mig-21 shot down the F-16 using R-73? Logic bulldozed.

Just imagine the situation today if we had paraded 8 or more Pakistani pilots in our captivity as against one of ours in their captivity

Wishful thinking check karo, aik nahi, do nai, 8 PAF pilots in their custody - dream on lol

Since an AMRAAM BVR missile reportedly shot down the MiG-21 from an F-16, the second question arises on whether Wing Commander Abhinandan’s aircraft was carrying the ELTA EW

If the mig landed in pakistan why would the Aamram parts land in india?

Sorry but a typical indian bla bla writeup
No he is simply furthering the IAF report of the Mig 21 Bison having been shot down by AMRAAM. He cannot portray Pak lands view point that F16s were not used at all. So give uim his due.
A

"Some reports suggest that while the Pakistanis retaliated with 24 or 12 aircraft, we launched just 6 MiG-21s with another 4 Su-30s. Surely with our surveillance systems on full alert, we could have launched a larger number of fighters to overwhelm the intruders." -- Air Marshal Harish Masand

Puts into perspective about IAF's level of alertness and preparedness, knowing full well that the Pakistani military, the day before, made a stark threat of a "surprise" response.

This puts into question about India's Israeli-sourced AEW/AWACS platforms, ground-based radars and their effectiveness, it brings into question about the MiG-21's EW/jamming/countermeasure suite which is also Israeli-sourced.. AND there is also that mystery twin-engined plane (Su-30/MiG-29?) that was shot down and fell back into IoK side, which is also presumed to have Israeli-sourced EW/jamming/countermeasure suite.

I'll be very frank. The Indian Air Force was inept on Feb 27 2019. Some would go as far as to say, "dogshit-capable."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom