What's new

IAF to replace 200 fighter aircrafts in next five years

jha

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
IAF to replace 200 fighter aircrafts in next five years

Indian air force will be retiring major chuck of its Mig-21 fleet in next five years along with Strike aircraft fleet of Mig-27, Most of this retiring fighters will be immediately replaced by around 130 Sukhoi Su 30 MKI, 40 Tejas MK-I and long with some MMRCA aircraft winner which will be around 40 in numbers .they are also plans to retire some old Jaguars from the fleet also when new aircraft’s starts arriving mostly MMRCA winner will be filing the spot for this aircraft.
Next half of the decade (2015-2020 period) will see induction of PAk-Fa 5th generation fighter aircraft which India is developing with Russia , While Home Grown fighter aircraft Tejas MK-II will it the production line by then along with MMRCA aircraft winner .

IAF to replace 200 fighter aircrafts in next five years idrw.org

IAF TODAY

100 su30mki
50 Mirage2000
60 Mig29m
120 MIG21 bison
100 Jaguar
100 MIG27M TO BE PHASED OUT BUY 2015
100 mig21 bis TO BE PASED OUT BY 2015

Replaced by IAF IN 2015

40 mmrca F18/SH or Typhoon
230 Su30mki
60 Mig29 smt upgraded
40 Tejas mk1 frm 2011 onwards
50 mirage2000-5 upgraded
80 Jaguar darin 1/2
120 mig21 bison

The only fighter not already in service or on order is the mmrca x 40 which will be annouced in 2011 first delivery 2013

lol! but not replace, by 2015, 50% of our mig 21 are anyways going to crash.

lol! but not replace, by 2015, 50% of our mig 21 are anyways going to crash.

Easy dude we are not in a war like situation so we dont need to clock that kind of hours because all mig pilots are really experienced

we are building a kind of force which any one will think a thousand times to deal with :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

They better do it quick.
The russians planes are goddamn old and weak.
maybe the pak-fa will be ok.

The inventory of 2015 will still be weak..
Indian air force really need that Pak-fa.
Otherwise its still low tech russian planes.
the russians planes were never really that modern with advanced techs.
and about that cooperation with russian on the pakfa.
what does india cooperate on the pak fa with russia?

The inventory of 2015 will still be weak..
Indian air force really need that Pak-fa.
Otherwise its still low tech russian planes.
the russians planes were never really that modern with advanced techs.
and about that cooperation with russian on the pakfa.
what does india cooperate on the pak fa with russia?

we do have a very potent air force in the continent....by 2015 su 30 mki will be around 270..which is one of the best aircraft around..

mrca would be starting to come in...
mirages n mig 29(both upgraded)
jaguars and tejas
mig 21 bison and some mig 27's as well...very much capable of defending our airspace

i have a theory..can mig-21 be modified into a drone...if doesnot work, just crash'em..

i have a theory..can mig-21 be modified into a drone...if doesnot work, just crash'em..

mig 21 bison is a highly underestimated plane in our inventory...perticularly if u look at our potential adversaries against whom we might have to use them they r still flying mig 19's n 21's copy...bisons will be more than a match for them.

mig 21 bison is a highly underestimated plane in our inventory...perticularly if u look at our potential adversaries against whom we might have to use them they r still flying mig 19's n 21's copy...bisons will be more than a match for them.

You are new in this forum so i will explain it to u, we have discussed it since a while now that all J7s and other oldies will be retired before 2015 by 250 JF17s and F16 block 52, 36 j10bs will be our front line fighters by 2015, I will advise you to go through the forums and then write something concrete, this will reduce the chances of trolls:cheers:

You are new in this forum so i will explain it to u, we have discussed it since a while now that all J7s and other oldies will be retired before 2015 by 250 JF17s and F16 block 52, 36 j10bs will be our front line fighters by 2015, I will advise you to go through the forums and then write something concrete, this will reduce the chances of trolls:cheers:

seems like u r not as old as u think on this forum either is it kiddo??? m not talking only abt pakistan..there is china in context too...now dont tell me u knw when r they goin to retire there mig fleet

अरे भाई जब भी कोई बात होती है आप हमेसा 250 JF-17 की बात करने लगते है! हमें कोई परेशानी नहीं है पर भैये किसी भी production rate से आप 2015 तक 250 नहीं बना सकते!

अरे भाई जब भी कोई बात होती है आप हमेसा 250 JF-17 की बात करने लगते है! हमें कोई परेशानी नहीं है पर भैये किसी भी production rate से आप 2015 तक 250 नहीं बना सकते!

OMG!! hahahahahaha

It is very much possible but new need to replace more than 200 with new and the best fighters in he region.

If anyone from Bangalore must have seen that HAL is building huge manufacturing facilities near HAL police station beside the old air port road. I think in these modern facilities they will build new fighters like Tejas and MRCA.

Back
Top Bottom