BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
IAF to go for Smaller fleet of FGFA to keep them Lethal
Published February 4, 2016
SOURCE: IDRW NEWS NETWORK (INN)

fgfa.jpg

India and Russia have finally agreed to reduce Research & development (R&D) cost on the development of India’s 5th generation fighter jet based on Russian Pak-Fa which will now be under 4 $ Billion for both countries and has also agreed to India’s demands to allow them to purchase smaller fleet than originally discussed earlier.

Indian Air Force as per earlier media reports had indicated that it will go for 3 Squadrons of nearly 60 5th generation fighter jet based on Pak-fa down from 120 jets due to the higher unit cost which will be pegged at twice the cost of Sukhoi-30MKI at 220$ million per unit.

While Russia is sticking to their earlier stand and will not allow Indian Test pilots to fly Pak-fa prototypes in its facility owing to domestic laws which now bar foreign pilots to fly military aircraft in Russian airspace, India instead will get PAK-fa Prototype delivered to India for User evaluation testing by Indian Air Force which will lay foundation for development of FGFA which will be customised as per Indian air force requirements .

Informed sources speaking to idrw.org confirms that smaller fleet will allow Indian air force to maintain a lethal fleet of FGFA customised as per their needs and allow integration of costly equipments sorted by IAF for FGFA while keeping procurement cost in check.

Indian Air Force will need nearly 400 new fighter jets in next 10 years due to the retirement of Mig-21 and Mig-27s from its Inventory. IAF recently committed to procure 106 Upgraded Tejas MK-1A along with 36 Rafale fighter jets from France with FGFA deal in the pipeline, India is reaching the halfway mark in replacement of retired fleet.

Then a small fleet of those supahdupah F-35's will keep 'em at bay.. @sarjenprabhu sorry buddy! Can't help it hahahaha! Just a "little trolling" on my part!

Then a small fleet of those supahdupah F-35's will keep 'em at bay.. @sarjenprabhu sorry buddy! Can't help it hahahaha! Just a "little trolling" on my part!

First pakistan would never get F-35... at best Chinese stealth would come into PAF post 2025 or later.. and IN might go for F-35C

First pakistan would never get F-35... at best Chinese stealth would come into PAF post 2025 or later.. and IN might go for F-35C

Yep! You are too serious man. I have said many times in the forum that there is a very slim chance Pakistan will get the F-35's. The best chance they have in getting stealth zoomies will be from China.

Expect a small fleet of Gripen and a small fleet of F16s and F18s too.. Throw in some 3 squadrons of EF too... and voila we have got the best of the whole world..

Oops add 3 squadrons of Su-35S too...

So we get an awesome AF..

As i posted ydy the Arming India article on this matter, i dont even understand what is GOI thinking really... May be they are planning something much bigger away from our eyes,......

small fleet of rafael, small fleet of fgfa.Seems like they are maintaining their fleets according to their manhood size:lol:

Still more than enough for You.
@waz post reported for the needless bold part.

small fleet of rafael, small fleet of fgfa.Seems like they are maintaining their fleets according to their manhood size:lol:

Still more than enough for You.
@waz post reported for the needless bold part.

Expect a small fleet of Gripen and a small fleet of F16s and F18s too.. Throw in some 3 squadrons of EF too... and voila we have got the best of the whole world..

Oops add 3 squadrons of Su-35S too...

So we get an awesome AF..

As i posted ydy the Arming India article on this matter, i dont even understand what is GOI thinking really... May be they are planning something much bigger away from our eyes,......

Just the 'knowledgable' reporters f@rting around. Like they reported we are getting the F-22. Like we have been saying, its the Rafale and Su-50 (if we can call it that). Rafale will come in now and the Su-50 will be 60 in number. followed by the Su-50 MKI aka FGFA. This will be the single seat variant, followed by twin seat. Though I think once the IAF sees the fusion in the Rafale they will want it in the FGFA and decide on single seater. The AMCA is still a decade away from IOC. Hell, we are planning on the first prototype in 2019. Testing improvements and then adding tech which is cutting edge at that time is another 5 years. So we are looking at production in 2026 at the earliest.

What will happen is as follows:

LCA - lower tier
Rafale - Medium tier
Su-30 - Heavy tier

If we go for 60 Su-50s and 50 Rafales somebody shoot us in the head.

To take on PAF's fleet of 30 odd potent jets we don't need F 35.

Just the 'knowledgable' reporters f@rting around. Like they reported we are getting the F-22. Like we have been saying, its the Rafale and Su-50 (if we can call it that). Rafale will come in now and the Su-50 will be 60 in number. followed by the Su-50 MKI aka FGFA. This will be the single seat variant, followed by twin seat. Though I think once the IAF sees the fusion in the Rafale they will want it in the FGFA and decide on single seater. The AMCA is still a decade away from IOC. Hell, we are planning on the first prototype in 2019. Testing improvements and then adding tech which is cutting edge at that time is another 5 years. So we are looking at production in 2026 at the earliest.

LCA - lower tier
Rafale - Medium tier
Su-30 - Heavy tier

Yeah, I think bigger commitments will go only after the test pilots fly it and see how well it delivers.

LCA - lower tier
Rafale - Medium tier
Su-30 - Heavy tier

That should be the optimum plan but judging by Boeing and Saab comments, it looks apparent that besides Rafales, there seems to be a true need for another fighter to fill in what could be a role between LCA and MMRCA chosen Rafale.
Unfortunately, i dont buy the idea of either inducting a Gripen or F16 or F18. In reality it kills our own LCA and eats into Rafale In India program too.

I agree FGFA as SU 50 MKI should come in good numbers but perhaps again i see that much later closer to 2028-2030 types.
AMCA which needs technology from FGFA, Rafales and home grown R&D needs at least 2 decades from today to be truly 5th Gen. To me i had been hearing a lot of noise when Prez Hollande was here in India that there is a plan for Rafale NG and France may like to opt its development by clubbing it through AMCA where Dassault helps in redesigning a airframe based on proven Rafale design and club together all the requirements as per AMCA needs, In other words like PAKFA being the mother prototype design for FGFA, France was looking to use all the expertise and knowledge+ R&D of Rafale program for its 5th generation program which they officially dont have and instead opted for Neuron UCAV. Interestingly, the phrase for public consumption was AMCA derived from Rafale and FGFA technology. the rumor was NSA Doval was primarily in Paris for Rafale specific Nuclear role, reactor tech and help for SSN project based on Barracuda and discuss further the AMCA tech tie up and a much heavier 120+ Kn engine development for the AMCA program. This is inspite of all talks of GE 414 variant powering AMCA.

But then again it could be just noise.. Interestingly, instead of Defense secretary Rank it was NSA chief so at least the discussion had far more strategic component then just normal IGA Jet deal. This kind of points to behind the scene bigger things being negotiated.

Back
Top Bottom