What's new

IAF set to lose its fighting edge

With the heavy, long ranged fighter/bombers and the new muti-role MiGs, there isn't much to worry about Pakistan. Of their 26 sqdn's, only the few F-16's and JF-17's provide a credible threat. Rest is older than soviet era. But we have lots to do with regard to China.

Lucky for us we produce Jf17s but having said that this article is been posted here like 20 times

Lucky for us we produce Jf17s but having said that this article is been posted here like 20 times
Actually its lucky for us too that you are producing the JF-17, and not some other fighter. It's lucky for you, it's lucky for us, it's lucky for China that they are selling it to you and making big $, its lucky for everyone! JF-17 is sure one lucky fighter!

I dont see how "combat edge" (which is defined by quality/capability of aircraft and not squadron
numbers) is lost.

See for instance if 6 x MKIs are deployed to go up against 12 x JF-17s, MKIs would retain the edge.
6 x MKIs v/s 6 x F16s or J-10s...still MKI retains the edge.

Whichever aircraft IAF is going to induct now is going to be superior to its counterpart in china
(and in some case pakistan). Super Sukhoi is ahead of J-11B, Rafale is ahead of J-10B, LCA MK-II
would be ahead of JFT BLK-2 in many aspects, PAK-FA & AMCA would be ahead of J-XX series in
most parameters and combat capability.

In the overall I believe this article is only a rush-hush generator to get some deals signed...these
sorta things really work ya'know...soon after Gen VK Singh's letter the M777 howitzer deal was
clearned and also purchase of ammo, missiles, logistics etc speeded up...with this article up, I think
I can expect the Pilatus trainers deal, Rafale deal etc. etc. to be signed soon, so its actually a moment
of happiness for us here.

Su-11, Don't hate the JF-17, Appreciate it mate because it will evolve into a much better fighter. Trust me!

Actually its lucky for us too that you are producing the JF-17, and not some other fighter. It's lucky for you, it's lucky for us, it's lucky for China that they are selling it to you and making big $, its lucky for everyone! JF-17 is sure one lucky fighter!

Yes, its had a smooth journey so far, unlike the hundreds of hurdles faced by LCA. But there's reason for
that too, in LCA project we were a lone wolf with no development partner and no big expierience, but the
majority of JF-17 work was done by chinese who had exp. in aircraft by copying various russian makes.

Overall, we need to remember that LCA was our first indigenous fighter development, whereas JF-17 was
pakistan's first JOINT VENTURE development (like our MKI). pakistan, not in the foerseeable future is
not going to design and build any indigenous fighter.

You are a lucky man :rofl:

Buying second hands for gap filling is a bad idea.
We can get a 5th gen fighter for similar price like that of Rafale or Super MKI .
Your point will be make sense if a war happens before 5g fighter induction but not so much as our enemies dont have 5g fighters .

We can get a 5th gen fighter for similar price like that of Rafale or Super MKI .
Your point will be make sense if a war happens before 5g fighter induction but not so much as our enemies dont have 5g fighters .

China would induct 5g fighters by roughly the same time India would. whereas for pakistan it would take
atleast half a decade more.

Enemies does nt need 5th Gen to attack on a depleted force, even 3rd gen might do.

Issues with Mig-21, Mirages grounded and waiting upgrades, Jaguar,Mig-27s not fully fit, , Mig29s travelling to and fro for upgrades, left with MKI's which are getting inducted and the vintage "expected to upgrade in near future " ones.

There was this interim offer of France earlier on transferring 40 or something fighter as stop gap arrangement until induction.

All have forgotten it and MoD didt ask for it as a bargain chip. Bad.

France offers to supply 40 Rafale fighters to IAF

Huge numbers of obsolete squadrons mean nothing,IAF 's numbers may be down but combat edge is hardly diminished.
And btw all jaguars used by IAF are mostly newly manufactured by HAL not old airframes.

Huge numbers of obsolete squadrons mean nothing,IAF 's numbers may be down but combat edge is hardly diminished.
And btw all jaguars used by IAF are mostly newly manufactured by HAL not old airframes.

Thats funny.

Compact edge is dependent on fully equipped, fully fit fighters.

yes we can satisfy ourselves by claiming we have edge.

But reality is we need fighters and check the shortage of availability of pilots.

Yes, its had a smooth journey so far, unlike the hundreds of hurdles faced by LCA. But there's reason for
that too, in LCA project we were a lone wolf with no development partner and no big expierience, but the
majority of JF-17 work was done by chinese who had exp. in aircraft by copying various russian makes.

Overall, we need to remember that LCA was our first indigenous fighter development, whereas JF-17 was
pakistan's first JOINT VENTURE development (like our MKI). pakistan, not in the foerseeable future is
not going to design and build any indigenous fighter.
I bet a Su-15 with the latest radar and R-77 would take on both JF-17 and LCA with no problems. Su-11 would be a good challenger to both the desi fighters.

You are a lucky man
hehe that I am. or am I?

I bet a Su-15 with the latest radar and R-77 would take on both JF-17 and LCA with no problems. Su-11 would be a good challenger to both the desi fighters.

Any MiG-21 with a good radar, the EL/M-8222 jammer & BVR missiles can kill an F16 or J-10 as well.
But we cannot make MiG-21 an J-10 counterweight anyway.

Back
Top Bottom