What's new

IAF’S ‘OP RAHAT’: A Mammoth task well done

1.We have had far worse disasters.Only idiots think the way you are suggesting. Uttarkhand flash floods are age-old. What preparations were made preceding the season?Did you put resources in place to tackle such a situation? Have you allocated AOR to military units to tackle emergencies? Then they would have recced, done their appreciation / analysis and prepared themselves to move instantly. Now almost one week was lost in looking at each others face - GOI, GOU, IA, IAF, mighty civil administration and what have you.

2.Ya,I remember 4 Madras being rushed into Bhopal Union Carbide blast without preparation.Poor battalion was almost wiped out for moving in without even the basic gas mask.

I've actually refuted this assertion of yours many times now.

All you have to do is look up the NDRF (National Disaster Response Force).

Oh and they have gas masks ;):

HY23PG4AMMONIA1_1437068f.jpg

16037054.cms

201301101044035869140Forcelevelexercise2012(153).jpg
[/QUOTE]

Here you are brining up the 1984 Bhopal disaster? Why do you insist on living in the past?

I've actually refuted this assertion of yours many times now.

All you have to do is look up the NDRF (National Disaster Response Force).

Oh and they have gas masks ;):

HY23PG4AMMONIA1_1437068f.jpg

16037054.cms

201301101044035869140Forcelevelexercise2012(153).jpg

Here you are brining up the 1984 Bhopal disaster? Why do you insist on living in the past?[/QUOTE]

That's right,I am talking of the Bhopal Union Carbide blast. These photos are not of 4 Madras. Why are you bringing them here? According to your media NDRF is a pathetic failure. In fact it has proved to be a hindrance to rescue ops as again proved here in this disaster. Better not to post rubbish if you don't have a point.

Here you are brining up the 1984 Bhopal disaster? Why do you insist on living in the past?

That's right,I am talking of the Bhopal Union Carbide blast. These photos are not of 4 Madras. Why are you bringing them here? According to your media NDRF is a pathetic failure. In fact it has proved to be a hindrance to rescue ops as again proved here in this disaster. Better not to post rubbish if you don't have a point.

So you have started believing in our media now......its not rubbish what he has posted. You seem like posting rubbish to support your stupid conclusions..

So you have started believing in our media now......its not rubbish what he has posted. You seem like posting rubbish to support your stupid conclusions..

Do you know how many officers, JCOs and ORs of 4 Madras became blind? How many are afflicted with asthma? How many were boarded out of service?

Do you know how many officers, JCOs and ORs of 4 Madras became blind? How many are afflicted with asthma? How many were boarded out of service?

I know how many...but that was long time ago....you cant compare today with 1984.
Today I can provide many examples of more co-ordinated approach by agencies and orgs when it comees to disaster. The states (Iam stressing the word the "States") who are prone to natural calamity more have set up their own mechanism to fight calamities effectively.

You also have to keep one fact(caant be an excuse) that India is an over populous country and things run to chaos easily here. But given such complications people have achieved a greater degree of management in dealing these situations.

One small example is that just right after the Tsunami, India needed a sense of urgency to buy tactical equipments to reach out to its people all over the world, a reason why INS Jalashwa, C-17, C130 were bought. They also strengthened the NDRF and gave it special powers to organize things better. Better equipment were given and laws were amended.

The result of such an arrangement is Op RAHAT. I would say it was rendered with little room for errors in those harsh conditions.

So forget about Bhopal Gas tragedy...There were many incidents around the world in last 30 years I can list where extremely equipped countries could do so little.

Back
Top Bottom