What's new

Featured IAF Mi-17-V5 Helicopter carrying CDS Bipin Rawat with family crashes

Agreed..................monster recalled on Russian carpet...View attachment 800020

View attachment 800022
Mi 17's original design is Mi 8. It was designed in fifties. Mi 17 V5 is just Mi 8 with a later engine version.

It's by no way advanced.

It stands uniquely among any military helos in service by lack of any flight safety tech. No terrain radar, no weather radar, no electronic self-diagnostics, no flight envelope protection, not even rotor underspeed/stall warning, no GPS, let alone interactive map. Most Mi 17 operators just hand their pilots a smartphone/tablet with Google maps.

It's literally the only helicopter from fifties flying today

1639113998419.png
1639114025029.png

Let me get this stright

I will Paint a story fit for Bollywood

5e5a52eeb0d29.jpg

Bipin , ordered award for Abhi Nandan to make a fool out of Indian Airforce

Indian Airforce Engineers , decided to leave one of the electrical wires , a bit loose in the last checkup of the helicopter

TdVK6A3.jpg

1639119843082.png

Last edited:
@PanzerKiel I just heard on a Indian news channel that no distress signal was given before the crash, what could be the reason for that?
A pilot generally sends a distress signal once he senses something wrong or something flashing in front of him. In this case no such thing was there.....normally in CFIT, you suddenly hit the land / water or some object and no time is available to send a signal since the pilot immediately gets on with saving the aircraft. In case of CFIT, hardly any time is available.

The axle broke and hence the ambulance lost control.
No, the bolts on the drive shaft were intentionally loosened by I$I agents. Keep the facts straight.😆
Maybe the driver was scared of the dead body. Usually, ambulance would have live human inside, not someone who was already dead.
Drivers of ambulances scared of dead bodies? I know Indians are good at giving excuses but this one is a classic.
Pellet guns are used by J&K Police not Army
So its OK to use them?

Last edited:
Correction, mi17 was shot down by PAF because according to eyewitnesses they saw fast moving jets moments before the chopper was shot down hence the black box was stolen.

As per my understanding, those fast moving jets were IAF MKI & MiG. One of them returned with its back on fire as the eye witness in Rajaori Sector (returning jet to deep into IoK can be MKI as the MiG was found in Azad Kashmir). May be, IAF Mi-17V5 dispatch was for rescue (SAR) while electronic warfare & panic made them to treat it as a foe and shot it down. PAF categorically denied shooting of Heli.

As per latest reports, the pilots were supposed to fly at an altitude of 6,500 feet. Bur for some unknown reasons they were flying at an altitude of 4,000 feet. During the time of last contact with ground control the pilots were asked to IMMEDIATELY rise to an altitude of 6,500 feet, before all contact was lost.

It can be safely concluded that the pilots were supposed to fly at an altitude of 6,500 feet as it was a hilly terrain and any lower altitude meant chance of collision with mountains. But such experienced IAF pilots showed utter unprofessional behavior by ignoring ground control and flying at dangerously low heights. If the weather was clear at such low heights they would have managed to avoid collision, but due to dense fog, they could not see anything and ended up colliding with mountain.

Just can't imagine that such unprofessional behavior from experienced IAF pilots flying VVIP chopper is even possible.

from the video we see it's going in straight line, if it was told to immediately increase altitude yet it failed to compile maybe we should also consider that due to some engine or mechanical related problem it was not able to increase/decrease altitude?

from the video we see it's going in straight line, if it was told to immediately increase altitude yet it failed to compile maybe we should also consider that due to some engine or mechanical related problem it was not able to increase/decrease altitude?

It seems that the competence level of those flying that chopper was as good as that of the key passenger, they were carrying. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom