What's new

IAF may not get to fly LCA before 2010

India is not taking out all of its Mig-21 Bisons from its inventory until 2015~. They just have a lot of those fighters and they simply cannot replace them all. Its understandable.

My guess is that F-7s will also be not getting replaced, but Mig-21s are pretty good though, they have recieved some very decent upgrades in the last 5 years. Isrealis were also offering the upgrade version i believe.

I am wondering if Pakistan can find some upgrade for F-7 and can make them worthy for a little long period of time until we have all the JF-17s in place. I am sure this process is going to go slowly and wont be easy, but an upgrade for F-7 will just be helpful.

JF-17 production will start by early next year and will be at around 25-40 per year

JF-17 production will start by early next year and will be at around 25-40 per year

Any source on that?

I thought the production will start from 8 aircrafts per year, and they will be divided in half for both countries, and once the infrastructure is setup in PAC Kamra, we will then be our own, and will be getting 8 aircrafts per year.

I thought the production will start from 8 aircrafts per year, and they will be divided in half for both countries,.
PLAAF has not agreed to induct JF-17 AFAIK, do you have anything to prove that they are willing to take half the birds?

You're all incorrect; 16 pre-production trial aircraft will be built - of which 8 in Pakistan. Mass/serial production will begin sometime around 2008-2009 in both Pakistan and China; eventually PAC will produce up to 20-25 a year, while CAC will produce a lot more. Remember that JF-17 will also go for export - and PAF requirements may also go up to 200-250.

BTW, the first fighter India built at home - Indian companies had ZERO input during its development; whereas PAC engineers would be part of the JF-17's development. Perhaps not as greatly as China - probably not anywhere close - but still ahead of say HAL engineers during the development of the Gnat.

Jay i dont need to prove anything. I dont care what your opinion is, or what you think. I was some what correct in my earlier post but Mark has clearly stated that the aircrafts will be divided into half, in which 8 will go to Pakistan and 8 will be for PLAAF, and he is well aware of JF-17 matters than probably i am. He knows it cause he tracks up all the events and news sources.

In the end China WILL induct JF-17 fighter in its inventory, because China has to replace 1000s of Mig-21s, A-5s, J-8s, and all cannot be replaced by J-10 or any other superior aircraft.

Any source on that?

I thought the production will start from 8 aircrafts per year, and they will be divided in half for both countries, and once the infrastructure is setup in PAC Kamra, we will then be our own, and will be getting 8 aircrafts per year.

There are many news sources on the net were you can see this. Production for pak will be at 20-25 per year the others produced will be for the export orders. Yes the first 16 will be split between china and pak but will only be used for testing, evaluation, integration etc...

8 aircrafts per year? :lol: No way dude the minimum would be like 20. The JF-17 itself is suppose to be a quick, reliable aircraft which is deadly, cheap, maintanable, and quick to make.

You're all incorrect; 16 pre-production trial aircraft will be built - of which 8 in Pakistan. Mass/serial production will begin sometime around 2008-2009 in both Pakistan and China; eventually PAC will produce up to 20-25 a year, while CAC will produce a lot more. Remember that JF-17 will also go for export - and PAF requirements may also go up to 200-250.

BTW, the first fighter India built at home - Indian companies had ZERO input during its development; whereas PAC engineers would be part of the JF-17's development. Perhaps not as greatly as China - probably not anywhere close - but still ahead of say HAL engineers during the development of the Gnat.

100% true,

The first batch that will be split between china and pak wont be for airforce but would be for research, and testing and other things.
From 2007-2009 production at kamra will be at about 10-15 per year then after 2009 mass production will begin at 20-25 fighters. Kamra still once fully built has a production capacity of about 40 fighters but only around half of it would be used

Depends, JF-17's annual production line could be bumped to very large numbers - depending on how many factories PAC has. Someone told me that the PAC planned to open up a production line in Sindh somewhere for the JF-17; 40 aircraft would be a bit out of Pakistan's industrial reach - at least before 2020. I would expect that 10 aircraft would be built in Kamra - while the other 10-15 somewhere else in Pakistan; PAC is a national company, and not just limited to Kamra.

Jay i dont need to prove anything. I dont care what your opinion is, or what you think. I was some what correct in my earlier post but Mark has clearly stated that the aircrafts will be divided into half, in which 8 will go to Pakistan and 8 will be for PLAAF, and he is well aware of JF-17 matters than probably i am. He knows it cause he tracks up all the events and news sources.
You dont need to care what my opinion is, infact I didnt even say it out loud. Now if there is an event or a news source which says PLAAF is infact inducting JF-17.

I reread Mark's post and no where he says PLAAF will induct JF-17, it just says CAC will be producing it, which is a no brainer.

In the end China WILL induct JF-17 fighter in its inventory, because China has to replace 1000s of Mig-21s, A-5s, J-8s, and all cannot be replaced by J-10 or any other superior aircraft.
Now thats pure speculation.

Are you telling me that HAL had no hand in manufacturing Marut??
Comparing Gnat to JF-17 is like comparing apples to oranges. Gnat was not designed for IAF, IAF merely bought it and started assembling them in India. Is that the case with JF-17?

Are you telling me that HAL had no hand in manufacturing Marut??
Comparing Gnat to JF-17 is like comparing apples to oranges. Gnat was not designed for IAF, IAF merely bought it and started assembling them in India. Is that the case with JF-17?
But is Marut the first modern jet fighter to be built in India?

But is Marut the first modern jet fighter to be built in India?
No, Gnat is. But Gnat was already built even before IAF chose it, so it cannot be compared to JF-17, which was desgined ground up using PAF specifications.

So why would India have its engineers in building the Gnat??

I reread Mark's post and no where he says PLAAF will induct JF-17, it just says CAC will be producing it, which is a no brainer.

Jay,

There is no official word on it, but in the past it has been widely reported that PLAAF will induct 200 JF-17 fighters, which will be improved version (FC-4) with better engine, airframe and electronics.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom