What's new

IAF attack on Dacca-4th Dec

shehbazi2001

Reaction score
I dont know if this video has been posted before but its a rare video of IAF strikes on PAF base Tejgaon in Dhaka on 4th Dec 1971. We can see an Su-7 being shot down over the airfield.

Excellent video...........

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah so Indians went in to save Bangladesh or destroy Bangladesh???? I wanna ask this question from a Bangladeshi brothers! After watching this video i wanna ask bangladeshi brothers who insist Bangladeshi creation was a must...Where were bangladeshi muslims to fight in street against these indians..when they entered and raped killed so many muslims.

Last edited:
First make ur indian friends stop all profanity i am under no pressure...

Ah,seen this video a lot of times,this was the third attack on the Tezgaon airfield,the Su-7 being shot down by AAA was piloted by Sqn.Ldr S,V,Bhutani,the leader of the formation,he was taken POW and was liberated on 16th Dec by 1st Paras entering Dhaka.See those su-7s & MiG-21s flying so low and bombing the airfield.

To the forum member who has questioned this attack,well technically the IAF was attacking a PAF(ENEMY)airbase ,till that time that region was called E Pakistan and the attacked was well appreciated by the Bangladeshi people,there were no collateral gamage by the way.:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Smokes that's some Sensational piece of Footage! Gave me goosebumps!

5/5! :tup:

great! a total of 32 Su-7 Fitter As were lost by the IAF during the 71 air war. there is a similar video of a MiG-21 being shot down over Dacca.

Please post that video if its on youtube otherwise you can upload it and give us the link. I am eager to see it.

I wasn't around than however either way Bangladesh got screwd. We got attack by our own military than we invite our so call allied to Bomb the hell out of us. Win win situation to me.......:enjoy:

This kind of videos should not be used as a medium of entertainment...

Last edited:

It would be nice not to get drawn into the score/s debate. It's a never-ending and wasteful exercise which arises mainly due to the differences in perspective on both sides. On the Indian side the IAF is viewed merely as a tool to achieve an end objective whereas on the Pakistani side the PAF is considered as "God's gift to the Muslim World".

From our side the thing to remember is that in '71 the main objective of the IAF (as also the other services) was to function in cohesion with the other 2 services in achieving the broad objective of the war -- liberate East Pakistan. Was the broad objective of that war achieved? Yes! period.

Whereas on the Pakistani side I guess the PAF's objective was to teach us 'Hindu Kafirs' a lesson by shooting down as many of our jets as possible. If so, they achieved that objective. period.

Where were bangladeshi muslims to fight in street against these indians..when they entered and raped killed so many muslims.

:rofl:If I'm not mistaken the Bangladeshi muslims were actually fighting with us Indians against the Pakistani muslims. But since nowadays both parties are calling each other 'brothers' :smitten: it hard to figure out who was fighting whom in '71!

This kind of videos should be used as a medium of entertainment...

Yes, I agree, anything & everything connected with the '71 war is a good medium of entertainment. That is why I guess we have made a couple of movies on the subject and made money out of that as well! :cheers:

I

Yes, I agree, anything & everything connected with the '71 war is a good medium of entertainment. That is why I guess we have made a couple of movies on the subject and made money out of that as well! :cheers:

Making a movie with a fictitious character is completely different than watching a real person dying in real world..
I saw the other day in TV when artilary was fired upon PK soldiers.. and those poor guys just stood up like a statue.. and fell.. really hard to watch..

The scenes are completely different than what we see everyday in movie... Human being can be so helpless in times.. and those bombs were falling 10 meters away from them and still dying.. I beleive from shock ...!!! dont know..

Back
Top Bottom