What's new

IAF ASKED TO BE READY FOR ‘WARS’ WITH PAKISTAN, CHINA

Yes windjammer i know what you are coming at.
I think you're jumping the gun.
The current Chief has always led from the front:
Dhanoa was Commanding Officer of a front line ground attack fighter squadron during the Kargil Conflict in 1999. Under his leadership the squadron devised innovative methods of night bombing at high altitudes which had never been attempted before. His squadron was adjudged the best fighter squadron of HQ WAC. He was awarded Yudh Seva Medal (YSM) and Vayu Sena Medal (VM) for his gallant actions in this conflict.
Fast forward to 35:20(and continue till 37:20) and you see AM Patney talking about the current CAS.

Last edited:
After 10 days we would be like "abey ruk" n they would be like "saab, sirf 10 din ke bat hue the"
I mean to say how did they came up with the timeline of 10 days with Pakistan and 15 days with China? What if China and Pakistan continue to push for a prolonged war. Like Chinese and Pakistani soldiers decide to eat Bhailpuri in Mumbai then what?

I mean to saw how did they came up with the timeline of 10 days with Pakistan and 15 days with China? What if China and Pakistan continue to push for a prolonged war. Like Chinese and Pakistani soldiers decide to eat Bhailpuri in Mumbai then what?
Thats just how a bharti thinks, he thinks if he doesnt fight after 10 days, we would get bored n go back to bunkers lol, on a serious note, the writer is analyzing the ammunation capacity, airforce numbers and economic factors that would make a war longer than 10-15 days unrealistic, nuclear weapons also come into play here, as both sides are radioactive hence both will try to avoid a longer conflict which might lead to MAD...

Thats just how a bharti thinks, he thinks if he doesnt fight after 10 days, we would get bored n go back to bunkers lol, on a serious note, the writer is analyzing the ammunation capacity, airforce numbers and economic factors that would make a war longer than 10-15 days unrealistic, nuclear weapons also come into play here, as both sides are radioactive hence both will try to avoid a longer conflict which might lead to MAD...
But what about the Guerilla warfare that Pakistanis are master of How India Plans to stop that once Pakistan finds an infiltration point in Indian defense It will take month for India to throw out the Guerillas once they have infiltrated the Indian cities.

Good... It can be a test for our operational readiness

no sir. India's 80 percent military is on Pakistan border while 20% is dedicated to china. Do you really expect to defend against china with this number??? or defeat Pakistan with 1:1.2 quantity ratio which will be further reduced incase china is there too. India can fight a two front war only to lose it.

just a honest opinion

wars and cricket are unpredictable. No body can predict the result or tie frame. Mosul operation is already few months longer than estimated time.

During Kargil war IAF dare to confront PAF and PAF shot two IAF fighter jets down and after that IAF took a long nap and now after 18 years they are again ready to be shot down? :D :D :D

:D :D :D

This is what I am telling you that your garbage air force wasn't able to come and confront instead both aircrafts crashed. Do you want me to make you remember MM ALAM?
Another lame comment!!!

First your PAF Didn't do any thing during the Karjil War to Stop the IAF to fly many Sorties.... Why???, and PAF was't even in the picture or area when these 2 Frames crashed

MM AlAm??? did he fly in the karjil war ?? is he still flying ??? will he be flying in the future??

Come back with an intelligent comment !

There PAF didn't confront the IAF on any level, The IAF flow nearly 5,000 sorties, where was the PAF
One Aircraft suffered an engine malfunction and the other was shot got by a SAM possible by PA, so where was the PAF?

Please do some quality research and read up on history before make a lame comment!
The IAF carried out all it's missions within it's own side of LOC, bombing an area well marked by IA but still needed assistance from couple of countries.....however one can argue, since PA had occupied areas on the Indian side of LOC and killed hundreds of Indian soldiers, what stopped the IAF attacking targets on the Pakistan side of border.
Maybe it's you who needs to introspect.

The IAF carried out all it's missions within it's own side of LOC, bombing an area well marked by IA but still needed assistance from couple of countries.....however one can argue, since PA had occupied areas on the Indian side of LOC and killed hundreds of Indian soldiers, what stopped the IAF attacking targets on the Pakistan side of border.
Maybe it's you who needs to introspect.

Lol... another copy paste job.

Its been 18yrs since the kargil war, and yet you say 'Needs to introspect' ...lol.

The Introspect is done, pain is in place. + you can see the Upgrades + new induction of existing and New Frames! yes it is slow BUT it is happening

Can't say the same for the PAF, apart the JF17, there are NO new frames, of which even today they are STILL talking!!

Lol... another copy paste job.

Its been 18yrs since the kargil war, and yet you say 'Needs to introspect' ...lol.

The Introspect is done, pain is in place. + you can see the Upgrades + new induction of existing and New Frames! yes it is slow BUT it is happening

Can't say the same for the PAF, apart the JF17, there are NO new frames, of which even today they are STILL talking!!
Memory seems to be in short supply here, alas a reminder as to what I was replying to.... I believe you WERE talking about an 18 year old event... PAF has it's own doctrine and plans in place, else one can argue that while Tejas project began long before Kargil where as the JF-17 started a decade later.... and now PAF has five of the types squadrons operational.

There PAF didn't confront the IAF on any level, The IAF flow nearly 5,000 sorties, where was the PAF
One Aircraft suffered an engine malfunction and the other was shot got by a SAM possible by PA, so where was the PAF?

Please do some quality research and read up on history before make a lame comment!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom