What's new

I am a Sindhi and I have no sympathy for PPP anymore

I seriously hope IK changes his tactics and focus more on Sindh instead of Punjab. There is huge political vacuum in Sindh, and PTI can easily chip in and fill this gap. Sindhis are fed up with PPP and MQM. PTI can be a new option there.

Bacloshistan as well... The place is growing peaceful and requires dynamic leadership that will make the province better ... Pti can be a strong party there
.. Imran needs to focus on balochistab and sindh and then standing on multiple provincial respresentation rise as a pakistan based party rather than a provincial based party.

Despite everything I would have supported BB ... But this Zardari n his sister Talpur are the worst scumbags in this country .. These corrupt BCs should be exiled or put in prison and the keys thrown into the Arabian ! Sobs are corrupt to the core... Along with c..Ts like gillani the Chutiya and raja rental !

Batards using the name of Bhuttos for their own personal gain...
The author is a Pakistani Hindu. They have voted for PPPP for years. I am glad we are all moving away from traditional politics. The Mian Mithoo case (Rinkle Kumari) should be in the heart of each Pakistani hindu and if it is they will never vote for PPP. They have done zero-nil for both end of corruption and promotion of liberalism in Pakistan. PPP's liberal credentials have greatly been tarnished. I am glad for that.

Pointless article. Who cares if author's Sindhi and whether or not he sympathizes with PPP.
Fact of the matter is, PPP has a lot of supporters in Interior Sindh - enough to single-handedly form
the government or with the help of independents at most. Don't expect any upset in 2018.

Pointless article. Who cares if author's Sindhi and whether or not he sympathizes with PPP.
Fact of the matter is, PPP has a lot of supporters in Interior Sindh - enough to single-handedly form
the government or with the help of independents at most. Don't expect any upset in 2018.

The way politics works in the rural areas is that the masses, support their local, Chaudhary, Vadera or else!. Now which ever party supports the Chaudahry / Vadera gets the votes. People don't vote on the basis of party but people. This is how you will see people like Shah Mehmood Qureshi in PTI and his brother in PPP (or was it PML-N? don't remember exactly).

Sindh in 2018 election better wake up and make the right choice... There are two better choices available.. N and pti. The 2018 election will be an interesting watch as if sindh doesn't wake up now and vote for a new party then they will never wake up.... PPP has damaged pakistan greatly and now they are damaging sindh.... Sindhi's must realize that Zulfiqar ali bhutto and benazir Bhutto are dead. They are not coming back and giving ppp on the basis of people who have died is perhaps the most stupid thing in history.

you have nailed it.

PPP dief the day BB died. Veru sad because PPP was the only truly federal party in Pakistan.

oh, OP praise for Bilawal is misplaced... Id rather accept Zardari over Bilawal...

14908350_1180981895331452_3003552063593869813_n.jpg

Sindh: An ordered state of disorder

This picture was photographed somewhere in 2011-12 It shows the womenfolk of a Lund tribesman carrying firearms while working on a farm in Kaneju, a small hamlet in taluka Daharki of district Ghotki in rural Sindh, Pakistan.

The fathers, husbands and sons of these womenfolk in the picture are either languishing in jail or have fled their homes fearing reprisal due to an ongoing bloody feud with Shar tribesmen that has so far claimed 32 lives on both sides in five-years. Acknowledging the depravity that exists in rural Sindh the photographer revealed to me that, “over a petty sum of Rs500 a bloody feud between a Shar and a Lund tribesman has claimed nearly 32 lives and injuries to many more.

The womenfolk in the picture are all farm hands belonging to the Lund tribe, and left with no choice they are forced to bear arms to resist being abducted by their rivals while working on their farms and to defend their lives and modesty. Majority of the womenfolk in rural Sindh besides raising a family are also breadwinners - working as farm hands under the hot sun that causes sunburn, dehydration, sunstroke and death in temperatures that easily rise above 45 degrees centigrade.

A few fortunate women who do embroidery or pattern work from their homes to make ends meet are spared the sweltering heat. While the men not keen on subsistence farming, having no other skills, trade or education spend idle days, sipping tea and playing board games in the surrounding bazaar’s, neglecting their children and womenfolk.

While Ghotki is home to the Bhutto, Mehar, Pir Bharchundi, Pitaffi, Dehar, Shar, Leghari and Lund tribes, yet no concerted effort was seen to be undertaken to end this bloody feud. In rural Sindh all feuds are decided by tribal chiefs and the verdict in most cases is based on the monetary greed, sexual lust or pure mischief of the tribal chief guaranteeing a settlement between feuding tribes. In this particular case the feuding Lund and Shar tribesmen have neither any money nor womenfolk to offer in marriage as settlement and are left to fight among themselves. The only possession the Lund womenfolk owned; a single goat or cow head or a small patch of farmland was sold to buy the guns they now carry - to fight for their survival.

In rural Sindh a feud among tribesmen is a boon for the tribal chief. Akin to the dog and bear blood-sport in which both animals savagely fight for their very survival when pitted against each other by the mischief of man. Eventually the animals bleed to death or are put-down by their owners, while the punters rake in profits.

As for the police they themselves despite their daily humiliation, have a dog-and-master relationship with the feudal lords and therefore are insensitive to the misery and depravity in rural Sindh.

This is because the Sindhi ruling elite have seized and consolidated all political power into their hands through their cronies and touts, who are lavished top ministerial slots, high bureaucratic office and lucrative judicial and police postings for the sole purpose of keeping the rural Sindhi population in perpetual bondage and serfdom.

While the overall socio-economic indicators in rural Sindh are grave this ordered state of disorder is not without remedy. The problems facing rural Sindh are a mere charade – created by the ruling Sindhi elite to enslave the population of rural Sindhi and further their rule.

So when nawaz sharif, or other leaders visited Larkana, Hyderabad or Sukkur??? You have no other option . Sad reality!!

I'm amazed at shameless Ness and confidence if bilawal bhutto despite knowing corruption if his father and party .

About time. I am Punjabi but I don't support Punjabi jamatain, its about Pakistan and not your ethnicity, think about it.

First of all, provices should be converted into regions and Divisions should be the adminstrative units with governor and small cabinet. It's has been working for Turkey. Why can't it work for Pakistan?
This will make these smaller provincial government more accountable and less corruption if proper laws are introduce on both Federal and Provincial level.

If i was in establishment, i would have created a grand alliance aganist PPP in Sindh with both Sindhi speaking and Urdu speaking political parties. This can only be done under the leadeeship of Musharraf.

Democracy could never be flourished in the feudal system which is supported by PPP, while political parties failed to play their due role in ensuring the well-being of the people.
More then 50% of Sindh population is deprived of their basic rights.
PPP is governing Sindh for over 30+ years, were they able to provide reasonible price food, clean drinking water, clothing, shelter, sanitation, education, and healthcare?

Last edited:
To be honest barey barey generals wo ni kar sakey jo zardari nay kar diya . ppp ko jnterior sind ki party bana deya :) .

I am urdu speaking resident of Karachi and i dnt support mqm :p .

Back
Top Bottom