What's new

Hyderabad real capital of Indian Muslims: Akbaruddin Owaisi

I believe whats good for 200 million Indians can only be good for India.

Why should it be otherwise?

Unless you start off with the assumption that what an Indian Muslim wants is different to what India wants.
well I am not making any assumption.. just saying muslims finally getting political representation after being cheated by mainstream parties is undoubtedly a good thing... and I see nothing wrong in their aspiration or making that choice... however the way its going to happen, playing into their insecurity, will weaken the republic.. and possibly call for independence v2.
I am a pessimist.

well I am not making any assumption.. just saying muslims finally getting political representation after being cheated by mainstream parties is undoubtedly a good thing... and I see nothing wrong in their aspiration or making that choice... however the way its going to happen, playing into their insecurity, will weaken the republic.. and possibly call for independence v2.
I am a pessimist.

I did not realize I was speaking to hinduguy.

Now that I do, I'm wondering how you are typing all of that. With all your fingers crossed. :)

Then you should go to the country created for you.

It was created for those Muslims who thought they could not live with Hindus.

Not us. We understand Hindus just fine. And love living within them.

I say lets move it to lucknow... @haviZsultan .. what do you think?

And @Roybot

The Hyderabadis have been demanding Owaisi brothers to take a tough stance on Hindutvas if not ask for seperation completely. This culminated in a hate speech by Akbaruddin because he knew that if he didn't talk tough to Hindutvas he would lose massive support.

The movement is small but attracting young muslims to it every year. They are soon going to launch protest in favor of Nizam later this year.

And @Roybot

The Hyderabadis have been demanding Owaisi brothers to take a tough stance on Hindutvas if not ask for seperation completely. This culminated in a hate speech by Akbaruddin because he knew that if he didn't talk tough to Hindutvas he would lose massive support.

The movement is small but attracting young muslims to it every year. They are soon going to launch protest in favor of Nizam later this year.
I know a bit about hyderabad... lot of muslims do look back fondly to 'glorious' days of nizam ..but dont know if such sentiments exist in lucknow...

I know a bit about hyderabad... lot of muslims do look back fondly to 'glorious' days of nizam ..but dont know if such sentiments exist in lucknow...
In Lucknow and to an extent Hyderabad we are divided which only helps India. A lot of our people may want independence from India (or merger with Pakistan) but a lot are happy in ganga land.

Thats what happens when Indian media is watched by muslims. They slowly start accepting the Indian identity which is very bad for sub continents muslims unity because Muslims from Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan and Bangladesh all are against India for one reason or the other making Indian muslims isolated.

Proof of this is in the fact that with the 3rd largest muslim population these so called Indian muslims aren't even in the Organization of Islamic Cooperation. Their muslimness comes into doubt because they turn a blind eye to atrocities in Kashmir and have accepted life as it is even after Gujarat and Mumbai. Some are cool with that and Tarek Fateh blabbering on about their faith in Fateh ka Fatwa. Others are not and want to throw of the yoke of oppression.

In Lucknow and to an extent Hyderabad we are divided which only helps India. A lot of our people may want independence from India (or merger with Pakistan) but a lot are happy in ganga land.

Thats what happens when Indian media is watched by muslims. They slowly start accepting the Indian identity which is very bad for sub continents muslims unity because Muslims from Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan and Bangladesh all are against India for one reason or the other making Indian muslims isolated.

Proof of this is in the fact that with the 3rd largest muslim population these so called Indian muslims aren't even in the Organization of Islamic Cooperation. Their muslimness comes into doubt because they turn a blind eye to atrocities in Kashmir and have accepted life as it is even after Gujarat and Mumbai. Some are cool with that and Tarek Fateh blabbering on about their faith in Fateh ka Fatwa. Others are not and want to throw of the yoke of oppression.
have not muslims of pakistan, bangladesh, nepal and sri lanka accepted their own national identities? why should they judge Indian muslims for doing similar?
OIC did not accept India due to reservation from pakistan, and currently I dont think India has much interest in being member.

have not muslims of pakistan, bangladesh, nepal and sri lanka accepted their own national identities? why should they judge Indian muslims for doing similar?
OIC did not accept India due to reservation from pakistan, and currently I dont think India has much interest in being member.

The fountainhead of Islam on the subcontinent in all religious matters of the clergy remains India.

The rest are just peripheral.

Population numbers have nothing to do with it.

The fountainhead of Islam on the subcontinent in all religious matters of the clergy remains India.

The rest are just peripheral.

Population numbers have nothing to do with it.
That used to be true. And I admit it. But it was until our elders lived and these elders strongly vouched for Pakistan. My nana stay in Lucknow and was one of Pakistan's fiercest supporters. His commitment to the muslims and the muslim cause was un-mistakeable. Further more he was very pious and thus respected. He barely had any money and married almost all daughters to those who had migrated to Karachi.

Now there are some madrassas in what you may call India and I call occupied parts that are still known to be good for imparting Islamic knowledge but muslim interests are barely being promoted. Muslims are less than 3-4% in civil services government and army. You have lost all influence you have in a united India. We see the weakening of muslims and thus demand independence. Not only that we also suffered due to Hindutvas.

Also a staple for muslims being muslim is the knowledge of urdu. My cousins don't know urdu and are taught hindi. They don't know their own history other than what little is taught about the mughals in Indian history books. It is sad but they are losing their distinct muslim identity slowly.

Back
Top Bottom