What's new

Hundreds Missing, Many Feared Dead After Hydropower Dam Collapses In Laos

$@rJen

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Hundreds Missing, Many Feared Dead After Hydropower Dam Collapses In Laos
Dam Collapses In Laos: "Several human lives claimed, and several hundreds of people missing," reports said. Several houses were also swept away.
World | Agence France-Presse | Updated: July 24, 2018 16:04 IST

by Taboola
Sponsored Links

Sponsored
The Fruit That Can Help You Reduce Your Fat. Buy Now! (Purely Herbs)
NCERT syllabus to be reduced by half: HRD Minister (edurite)
EMAIL
PRINT

0COMMENTS
0irtaqoc_hydropower-dam-collapse_625x300_24_July_18.jpg

Laos Dam Collapse: Several houses in the southern part of the district were swept away, the report said

Bangkok, Thailand:
Hundreds of people are missing and an unknown number believed dead after the collapse of a hydropower dam under construction in southeast Laos, state media reported Tuesday.

Several dams are being built or are planned in Laos, an impoverished and landlocked communist country that exports most of its hydropower energy to neighbouring countries like Thailand.

Laos News Agency said the accident happened at a hydropower dam in southeastern Attapeu province's Sanamxay district late Monday, releasing five billion cubic metres of water, more than two million Olympic swimming pools.

The report added that the there were "several human lives claimed, and several hundreds of people missing."

Several houses in the southern part of the district were also swept away, the report said, and officials in the province put out a call for relief aid for flood victims.

The $1.2 billion dam is part of a project by Vientiane-based Xe Pian Xe Namnoy Power Company, or PNPC, a joint venture formed in 2012.

Among the companies involved in the project according to the Laos News Agency are Thailand's Ratchaburi Electricity Generating Holding, South Korea's Korea Western Power and the state-run Lao Holding State Enterprise.

The 410 megawatt capacity dam was supposed to start commercial operations by 2019, according to the venture's website.

COMMENT
The project planned to export 90 percent of its electricity to energy hungry Thailand and the remaining amount was to be offered up on the local grid.

Last edited:
Rest in Peace for our Laotian friend.
Hope steady recover for them

By the way, while we in Laos dam thread.

I want to ask, is that true there is many Unskilled Illegal workers from poor South vietnam provinces swarming Construction projects in laos and because of that Downgrade the Quality of all that construction project ?

Is that true, my friend? @AndrewJin @Kai Liu @Jlaw @powastick
It is possible since vn men are very lazy and boastful.
Laos should choose Chinese company to construct this, which got way more experience in infrastructure building than anyone else in the world.

Rest in Peace for our Laotian friend.
Hope steady recover for them

By the way, while we in Laos dam thread.

I want to ask, is that true there is many Unskilled Illegal workers from poor South vietnam provinces swarming Construction projects in laos and because of that Downgrade the Quality of all that construction project ?

Is that true, my friend? @AndrewJin @Kai Liu @Jlaw @powastick
In countries like Myanmar and Laos it's possible that illegal workers are used. Sure there is a high probability Vietnamese workers were used. South Korean companies doing projects are known for using illegal workers intentionally to cut costs and reap a higher margin ( it's a known secret) for sometime.

It is possible since vn men are very lazy and boastful.
Laos should choose Chinese company to construct this, which got way more experience in infrastructure building than anyone else in the world.

China's Ability to construct dam is amazing.
Pictures never lie :enjoy:

Three Gorges Dam, China
IMG_7253.PNG

IMG_7254.JPG

IMG_7255.JPG

IMG_7256.JPG

In countries like Myanmar and Laos it's possible that illegal workers are used. Sure there is a high probability Vietnamese workers were used. South Korean companies doing projects are known for using illegal workers intentionally to cut costs and reap a higher margin ( it's a known secret) for sometime.

Yes, with Illegal south vietnam workers those company can have higher margin,

but using those Unskilled illegal workers from south vietnam will ruin the Quality standard of that construction/building, will have a very bad consequence in the future :hitwall:

Should have gone for China which has far more experience. I think it was because it was cheaper due to cost cutting measures.

@Viet @frequency @Aqsuperman @jhungary

Vietnam dragged in for conspiracy theory feelz again....
Chinese now blame everyone else for the misery of the world: the US for trade war, that is set to escalate, Vietnamese workers for a broken dam. Well, one should understand their frustration. Chinese girls run away leaving so many desperate Chinese men behind. I can understand the Chinese girls’ motive though. The White men are not only taller and richer, a certain thing is longer :woot:

Chinese now blame everyone else for the misery of the world: the US for trade war, that is set to escalate, Vietnamese workers for a broken dam. Well, one should understand their frustration. Chinese girls run away leaving so many desperate Chinese men behind. I can understand the Chinese girls’ motive though. The White men are not only taller and richer, a certain thing is longer :woot:
Sound right, so Vietnamese girl leave to China, the reason is the certain thing of Vietnamese men even shorter than Chinese men?

Pakistan should send a team for scientific research there.

Don't you love when Chinese try to act as if their products/services are of good quality :) Products made by foreign companies in China? Sure. Products made by Chinese in China and foreign countries? Hah, what a joke.

All countries have their ups and downs when it comes to large-scale industrial projects but the way Chinese act make them look like a bunch of crackers addicted to any news that talked other countries failures. I could easily name dozens of articles about low-quality projects in Africa managed by Chinese contractors but I'm still amazed by the sheer confidence that Chinese have in their industry power.

Sure, make fun of "unskilled illegal Vietnamese" and "short Vietnamese men". We don't even have a large presence in that project but hey, feel free to masturbate with your conspiracy theories. I bet that the only thing that keeps "Chinese patriotism" going

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom