Hugh White: U.S. should share power with China

Discussion in 'World Affairs' started by HongWu, Nov 7, 2012.

Share This Page

1. ephone

ephone SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,280 / -0
    China
    Share power? What power?

Power to invade other countries? Well, China is not interested.

We just want U.S. to leave us alone and not send its fleets to our shores day in and day out. You did not see China send her fleets to U.S. shores, right?

Does U.S. enjoy China fleets, nuke subs visit U.S. shores day in and day out in the near future???

2. Rechoice

Rechoice FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 1,388 / -1
    Viet Nam
    Read your post again.
  3. terranMarine

terranMarine FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 1,266 / -4
    China
    That's not really a question, just an example to proof my point.
  4. anon45

anon45 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 961 / -0
    While true, I would say that our presence in South Korea and Japan would be more temporary than our presence in these territories.

I'm not saying that we're leaving them anytime soon, as you say, but while we do have a presence in those countries and treaties with them, that could possibly not hold true some time in the future for whatever reason. Our territories in the Pacific though are a more permanent fixture.

[​IMG]
  5. terranMarine

terranMarine FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 1,266 / -4
    China
    I wouldn't say temporary, North Korea is anxious trying to develop nukes which worries US as well besides the neighboring countries. I don't think US will be leaving South Korea anytime soon. Will they ever leave Japan and Okinawa? That remains to be seen after WW2 US still occupies the area but left Germany already.
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. jhungary

jhungary MILITARY PROFESSIONAL

Ratings:
    +36 / 2,372 / -0
    China
    US still have many airbase and army base in Germany. And the biggest military hospital as well (Landstuhl Regional Role 4 Hospital), infact the whole USEUCOM are loated in stuttgart.

What anon said is while you can look the otherway with your treaty, you cannot look the otherway from your territories, they are, and always was the power center of the US Regional Power in Asia. People keep mistakenly put Japan and Korea is the powerhouse of US Asian Power, infact, with the sentiment looming, i don't think we can keep the Base in Japan and Korea for long.
  7. northeast

northeast FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 772 / -0
    China
    So you do mean that we should sit back and do nothing?why US can establish military bases in those countries while we can't?We must show those countries that US military base will get them in trouble and china do'nt like it.You sounds like a traditional pathetic coward.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. WS-10 Engine

WS-10 Engine BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 643 / -0
    We need to start projecting power and build military bases overseas.
    Best form of defence is offense.

For Navy we need LHD, LPD, aircraft carriers, nuclear submarines and cruisers.
    For Air Force we need Y-20 strategic transport, strategic bomber, new tanker.

We have little (3 LPDs) power projecting capabilities. This is not enough.
  9. Viet

Viet SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 5,099 / -0
    Viet Nam

I am afraid you and HongWu misunderstand me. I mean if the US literally gives up Asia, then that would mean the downfall of the US Empire sooner or later. I don´t think that is going to happen.

Vietnam needs the US presence in Asia to balance the Chinese hegemony.
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. WS-10 Engine

WS-10 Engine BANNED

Ratings:
    +0 / 643 / -0
    We have saved your civilisation many times over the past thousand years.
    Our men even satisfy your women to keep them happy since Vietnamese men cannot do their job, your women come to China and marry Chinese men.
    Without us, Vietnamese race would be long extinct.
    We have protected your entire civilisation.

Your welcome.
  11. terranMarine

terranMarine FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 1,266 / -4
    China
    I don't remember any South East Asian countries nor South Korea asking the PLA to be stationed in their territory. Mr Pathetic go spread your aggressive behavior somewhere else if you want to invade our Asian neighbors.
  12. terranMarine

terranMarine FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1 / 1,266 / -4
    China
    Only if our Asian neighbors want our PLA presence in their territory through treaties.
  13. Seaman

Seaman FULL MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 136 / -0
    Us SHOULD share POWER with china...now whats that
  14. HongWu

HongWu SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 2,660 / -0
    China
    :lol: We smashed you in the Korean War so badly you are still looking for your teeth on the ground! That was when we didn't even have nuclear weapons at all.

Today we have 2500 to 3500 nuclear warheads and it's just a matter of time before we launch a strike on you weaklings. That figure is according to your own experts looking at our extensive underground tunnel system.

Look at the way you let us bully the Philippines in the South China Sea. Look at the way you are letting us bully Japan in the East China Sea. You talked big about your "pivot" to Asia but it looks like that pivot ran right into China's iron fist! Exposing you as all talk and no action ;)

Let's face it, if we nuke Guam, your President would probably apologize for offending us :lol:
  15. anon45

anon45 SENIOR MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0 / 961 / -0
    Show your sources for '2500 to 3500' nuclear warheads, you have none and you are sputtering absolute crap. Dont bring up that Georgetown University study, it is widely discredited.

No, China Does Not Have 3,000 Nuclear Weapons » FAS Strategic Security Blog

You've made yourself look like not only a rabid and degenerate warmonger super-nationalist, but like an utter and total rube.

How much farther into the hole are you going to dig yourself HongWu?

The Philippines essentially gave the Shoal away without a fight, nothing we want to do if they aren't willing to defend it themselves.

As for Japan, we've given China our warnings, I still see nothing but civilian vessels annoying the Japanese Coast Guard, you have not a pot to piss in.

what a rube :rolleyes: