What's new

Huge number of MaxxPro MRAPs delivered to Pakistan Army

AOA,

Pakistan is manufacturing Talha and its Variants at HIT Taxila and also Planning to Produce APC's at Suparco and APC Talha is basically Assembled in Pakistan on M113, M113A2, M113A2MK designs etc.
Why we had to buy from US some OLD scrapped machinery which was Refurbished and Repainted in Korea in Expensive Price?..

Why cant we ensure that the Product We manufacture in HIT is up to the required standards and ensure that where HIT claims to Put B7 or B6 or B5 Armour Protected Plates and Glass its is the same and not substandard due to corrupt procurement/commercial and technical practices.

Since the Machinery Assembled in Pakistan is all Imported from Various US/UK Part Manufacturers or NSN Part suppliers Why cant Pakistan simply get the US OEM Cage List from Department of Defense (If they claim to have such great US-PAK relations) and just Produce Better Products themselves in much cheaper Price

Also Please do let me know why isn't Pakistan Buying The 5th or 6th or 7th Generation Technology from US and why we are stuck to 2nd and 3rd Generation Machinery and Equipment which was discarded by US in early 60's?

I can think of a few things.

1. Corruption
2. Maybe we needed them quicker than HIT could deliver them?
3. These may have been paid for using "aid" money. Often aid comes with strings attached. The US government is quite keen on it because it helps domestically and internationally. Pakistan is asked to fight taliban, we say we are under equipped, they offer to sell us equipment, we say we can't afford it, they say they can give us aid money to help buy it, but we have to spend it on US equipment. Us equipment is manufactured and sent to Pakistan (or old stock send and new equipment used to replace US army stock) and US factories have jobs manufacturing weapons, which wins votes and keeps politicians in office. Military Inc.

I can think of a few things.

1. Corruption
2. Maybe we needed them quicker than HIT could deliver them?
3. These may have been paid for using "aid" money. Often aid comes with strings attached. The US government is quite keen on it because it helps domestically and internationally. Pakistan is asked to fight taliban, we say we are under equipped, they offer to sell us equipment, we say we can't afford it, they say they can give us aid money to help buy it, but we have to spend it on US equipment. Us equipment is manufactured and sent to Pakistan (or old stock send and new equipment used to replace US army stock) and US factories have jobs manufacturing weapons, which wins votes and keeps politicians in office. Military Inc.

I also agree to most of what you said, However, since i have done some extensive work and research on Aid coming from US how they take the money back from us and how we can avoid these and came to following conclusion (which may be wrong and your valued input can educate me)
US attaches strings to Military aid by restricting Pakistan to Procure only US equipment of the money they have provided. We can accept that restriction happily and Buy a lot more advance and a lot more cheaper US products by Simply Asking them to Introduce us to the US department of Defence Cage List (Cage List = Its a list prepared by US department of Defence and updated every year of OEM's who are actually small manufacturers and are specialized in manufacturing of Parts used in Assembly of Tanks, APC's, UAV's UGV's Air Crafts Guns, Missiles and you name the product you can think of) The Cage Manufacturers Products are Later Put a NATO Stock Code / Assembler Code and the same product which actually costs 20USD is sold in 200USD some time 2000USD each to the buyers who dont put enough effort searching the OEM's.

If it seems a difficulty to Ask them to provide the cage list then we need to work hard and search those OEM's so the products can be purchased from them Directly, Adding more there is no restriction on Cage suppliers to Make International Sales and they do it happily since it helps their company global recognition and better prices they are paid domestically.

The US MRAP are all/mostly South African in origin, Infact all MRAP have their origin in South Africa. South Africa are more than willing to give complete rights to making MRAP without any hidden traps which the US is known for.

Sri_Lanka_Military_0204.jpg

Buffle MRAP produced under licence by Sri Lanka as Unicorn MRAP since 1986 and saved many many lives and still going strong!

RG-31.JPG

RG-31 MRAP from South Africa still being used by US forces purchased in their thousands and made in the US as well!

casspir.jpg

Casspir MRAP Built in the US as Cougar & Buffalo which PA has and also known as Mastif as well!

buying a few MRAP's from the US is hitting your head in the wall stupid when daddy of all these MRAP's South Africa is more than willing to help with making them in Pakistan!
Thank you... being saying that for years..... These are the original pedigree and most easiest to make; Mamba which is what RG-31 is based on you can get choice of engines such as Toyota Dyna making it the most easiest platform for any clients. All the US vehicles are based on South African design; our engineers were there back in 2005-2008 period after US forces started to get massive daily casualties with their ridiculous vehicles.

Paramount and my former employer are leaders in this field - they just did one massive deal with UAE which is nothing more than knock down assembly and re-labelling of the vehicles -- by the way, we dont call it MARP... just like Soccer being coined instead of football, all our vehicles are called mine proof/resistant.

We have thousands of surplus vehicles in storage e.g. buffels/casspirs you can buy for chum change.

http://www.paramountgroup.com/capabilities/land/

Thank you... being saying that for years..... These are the original pedigree and most easiest to make; Mamba which is what RG-31 is based on you can get choice of engines such as Toyota Dyna making it the most easiest platform for any clients. All the US vehicles are based on South African design; our engineers were there back in 2005-2008 period after US forces started to get massive daily casualties with their ridiculous vehicles.

Paramount and my former employer are leaders in this field - they just did one massive deal with UAE which is nothing more than knock down assembly and re-labelling of the vehicles -- by the way, we dont call it MARP... just like Soccer being coined instead of football, all our vehicles are called mine proof/resistant.

We have thousands of surplus vehicles in storage e.g. buffels/casspirs you can buy for chum change.

http://www.paramountgroup.com/capabilities/land/
that's wicked you worked for paramount so we can call you an authority on MRAP's :D but yeah there is a dire need for MRAP vehicles not a few hundred but numbering in thousands for police paramilitary/military. once these MaxxPro arrive there will still be a massive deficiency for MRAP vehicles. I personally thinks it's because there is no Truck manufacturing company in Pakistan as old Bedford trucks are still being made from 1930's

that's wicked you worked for paramount so we can call you an authority on MRAP's :D but yeah there is a dire need for MRAP vehicles not a few hundred but numbering in thousands for police paramilitary/military. once these MaxxPro arrive there will still be a massive deficiency for MRAP vehicles. I personally thinks it's because there is no Truck manufacturing company in Pakistan as old Bedford trucks are still being made from 1930's
not paramount, they were not around then.. man, we have massive truck manufacturing here for decades especially mercedes. unimog chassis was leveraged. some one is getting massive kickbacks for sure from maxxpro guys; just plain old buffels will do the job.. ask the sri lankans.

The whole southern Corp or Karachi Corp is being mechanised with 3 plus divisions plus mechanised independent brigades and Quetta being the back up

???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom